Chapter 8

Cold as ice

BOM

At first i thought it would be okay for me to go and talk to Dara to ask her how was she but then, the moment we sat on the couch, the moment she opened , every painful memories slowly drifted back in my head. I couldn't stand seeing her face. I couldn't stand how she could easily say that dad missed me when i doubt it all. I was angry when she told me to come back and start fresh with her. I was annoyed when she told me that dad will surely forgive me when the truth is, he should be the one asking for my forgiveness. He was the reason why my life became miserable, he was the reason why i lost the person that i loved. so why would i go back to him?

Hearing my cellphone ringing, i fished it out from my bag and looked at the screen only to find out it was Ji yong.  I was really not in the mood to talk to him and to see him again. It wasn't because we had an argument earlier but i wanted to be alone first. After placing the phone inside my bag, i headed out of the restroom and went outside the hotel. I took my time to stroll around the streets. There were times when i could feel my phone vibrating against my bag knowing it was probably Ji yong who was calling me. By the time i grew tired of walking, it was already past 4 in the afternoon and i decided to go back to my apartment.

"what's with the grumpy face?"

i didn't notice that Yongbae was just sitting on the bench outside the apartment when i arrived. He was eyeing me while holding a can of beer on his hand which i suddenly want to drink. 

"it's still afternoon and you're drinking?"

"who says you can only drink at night?" he questioned, smiling. "i still have a can of beer here do you want to join me?" he said, tapping the space beside him. 

without any hesitation, i sat beside him and snatched the unopened can from his hand. I noticed his lips opened and closed again as if there was something he wanted to say. I gulped the beer continously, "is there something wrong?" he asked, looking at me. 

i wiped my mouth and shook my head. "i didn't know you drink." i said.

"well, we just met and there's a lot of things you don't know about me."

There was something about Yongbae's words that made me suddenly stare at him. His face hardened with seriousness and there was no trace of humor. I suddenly wondered how many beer he had already drank for acting so weird. "Alright, tell me everyhing about you. we have a lot of time." i said, drinking. 

"I will. But only if you tell me first what's going on with you."

"smart ." i smirked.  

"Yongbae, remember the last time when i told you that i hate the person who caused my mother's death?" I asked. He nodded. 

"I met her today."

"you met her?" he asked. 

"hmm... she...she's my sister." i paused, taking a sip of my beer. "I already know that we are going to meet again but i didn't expect it to be this early. As her sister, i should be happy right? but when i saw her, i didn't feel happy at all."

"why?" 

"i don't know. I just don't like to see her. I still hate her."

"you said you were only 8 when your mother died right? then that means she was so young back then too. I know i'm not in the position to say this but i'm pretty sure your sister feels guilty about it."

"She should be." i responded.

"Bom, you know sometimes you have to let go of the hate. Hate consumes a person and it is not a beautiful thing. You have to stop running away from all of this because in the end you're the only who's going to suffer." 

"who's running away? i am not running away. you don't know what you are saying Yongbae. You don't know what happened to my life because of her." I said, my hand gripping the can. I stood up from my seat feeling a bit agitated by our conversation. 

I heard yongbae let out a deep sighed, "I'm sorry, You are right. But bom i just want to tell you that i hope you will not let this hate thing dominate yourself. Because if you let that happen, you'll fail to see those people who truly cares for you." 

 

I didn't know i fell asleep on the floor until i was awakened by an extremely loud rain falling on the metal roof of my apartment. I lazily got up, head aching a bit probably due to the beer. I couldn't remember how did i end up sleeping but i did remember that after Yongbae lectured me, i didn't say anything and just went straight to my house. 

"i hope you will not let this hate thing dominate yourself. Because if you let that happen, you'll fail to see those people who truly cares for you."    his voice echoed in my mind. 

i massaged my temples and tried to shake the thought out of my head. My mind was already preoccupied by dara and i don't want Yongbae to add on it.I began rummaging through my bag and after seeing my phone, i gasped surprised by the number of missed calls Ji yong had left.

"60 missed calls?" 

he's going to Gangwon-do tonight

Suddenly Seungri's voice came inside my head. "oh no." 

We're going to Gangwon-do tonight

 i remembered Ji yong also told me that.

"Oh no, what time is it?" I immediately looked at the wall clock and started to panick a little bit. "It's already 9 in the evening. what should i do? i wonder if he already went alone." i muttered, looking at my phone. I was thinking whether i should give him a call or not but when i was about to press the call button, my phone began to ring again and it was still him. i immediately answered it, 

"Jesus Christ! Where are you Park bom!?" i heard him yelled on the other line. 

"I'm still--" 

"I don't care what you are doing but i need you to come to the hotel right now! I'll be waiting for you in the parking lot and don't you dare not answer my call or else i'll fire you." he said, hanging up the phone. If only i was not really in need of money, i wouldn't even bother to give him a call or to follow him. 

"You and your controlling personality, i hate you Ji yong." i muttered to myself. 

After packing up my clothes in my green backpack and had taken a bath, i immediately went out of the apartment. The cold air sent goosebumps on me and unlike a while ago, the rain had weakened slightly. I put on my hoodie and open my umbrella to shield myself from the cold and the rain.

"Park bom."

I was about to go when Yongbae suddenly appeared out of nowhere. He looked awkward walking towards me as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Uhm bom." he murmured. "I'm sorry about what i said earlier."

i sighed, this man even if sometimes he was annoying, everything he said actually had a point and aside from that, he was my friend. 

"I don't mind. It's okay." I shrugged, looking at my watch. i noticed that it was already 9:30 and Ji yong was probably about to get mad at me. "Are you going somewhere? you look in a hurry." he asked, eyeing my backpack.

"Yes, my boss is already waiting for me." 

" It's kind of raining and it's already dark in the streets do you want me to accompany you there?" he offered.

Yongbae seemed like he would not take a NO for an answer so i just agreed. "why don't we just take a cab and you pay for it Yongbae." It wasn't a question but a command.

"okay then." he shrugged. 

JIYONG

"Really, what's taking her so long." 

I was leaning against my car playing with my phone while waiting for Park bom to arrive. That girl, she suddenly went missing after i told her to assist Dara to her room. I tried reaching her a lot of times but she was not answering her phone. I even looked for her in the hotel and even asked Dara about her but she only responded me with a simple, "she already left earlier Ji yong."

If not for Seungri who saw her walking in the streets i wouldn't know about it. But why would she leave when i told her that we still had to buy stuffs for my parents? why she did not answer her phone when i was calling her? And more importantly, why was she upset earlier when we just had a nice lunch together. I really couldn't figure out what was going on her. I had no idea if had done something to her. 

I was about to call her again when i noticed a white taxi going towards my direction. I watched it as it stopped in front of me. When the passenger door opened, a woman carrying a green backpack suddenly came out. I felt a sighed of relief when i saw bom but then, my attention was caught when a man with a mohawk hair suddenly came out from the other door.

"is that her boyfriend?" i wondered. "is that the reason why she has gone missing? why she was not answering my phone? has she been with him all this time?" 

"Hey Ji yong." i snapped form my thoughts when bom suddenly tapped my shoulder. i didn't notice she was already standing across me.

"You're here. Let's go." i said, avoiding her gaze.

"take care of her." i was about to hop inside the driver's seat when the man suddenly spoke.

"yah Yongbae what are you talking about? just go home!" bom said. 

"what? i'm just telling him to take care of you. It's raining you know." he said.

"Don't worry, i'll take care of your girlfriend." i said as i get inside the car. Bom also opened the door and hop in the front seat beside me.

"For your information Ji--"

"seatbelt." i interrupted, not looking at her. i heard her sighed as she buckled her seatbelt. "done. can we--"

"I am not in the mood to talk now Park bom. Stay silent." 

An hour and a half had passed and neither one of us were talking to each other. Bom who was silently sitting beside me really never spoke to me the entire drive. She was just busy looking through the window watching the scenery outside. I think i said mean things to her and offended her a bit but that wasn't the first time i spoke harshly to her and aside from that, she wasn't the type of lady who would get offended by that. 

"Are you already hungry? there's a plastic of breads in the back seat you can grab some if you want." i said. 

i waited for her to talk but she didn't even budge from her position. "It's raining really heavily now." i muttered, driving carefully on the rough road. 

"i thought you are not in the mood to talk so why are you talking?" she said. 

"I will talk when i want to talk." 

"and you can shut me up if you want me to, is that so Ji yong?" 

"Okay, fine. i get it. you can talk now." 

"See that's the problem with you." She said, turning to look at me. I could hear her voice raising a bit. 

Because of the extreme heavy rain, my windshield pipers couldn't hardly keep up. It was getting darker and creepier in the road. For a moment i stopped the car then turned my attention to Bom.

"what's the problem with me?" I asked. 

"You. your personality, everything about you is the problem." 

my eyes widened at her words, "Park bom be careful of your words or else...." 

"or else what? you will fire me? then go! i can't stand a person like you." 

"do you think i can stand being with you too? you're not that good either park bom." i said.

Bom opened then closed again, speechless. She sighed as she leaned against the seat. 

"It's dangerous here, just drive Ji yong." she said, calmly. 

without saying anything i followed her, She was right it was getting dangerous out here. As i pressed the accelerator, I opened the radio wondering if there was a storm or something because the wind was also getting stronger outside.

"."

"what?" 

stepping on the accelerator, "Ji yong what? what is happening?" bom asked, looking at me. I think she could see the growing worry in my face. "The-the car. It's it's not moving." i muttered. 

"What?! what do you mean it's not moving!? come on you were just driving this car a while ago." 

I stepped on the accelerator once again but it didn't move. I heard bom groaned, "God why is this happening to me?" 

"You, complaining about it will not really help us Park bom." i said as I removed my seatbelt and opened the door. 

"wait where are you going?" She asked. 

"just going to check the car." 

Aside from the intense rain that got me really drenched the moment i just stepped out of my car, the wind outside was blowing all the trees in my surroundings. There were no signs of cars or people in the road aside from us. It was like the end of the world already. I walked over the car and checked what was wrong only to find out that it was stuck in a thick mud.    

 "This is bad." I muttered, as i went inside the car. 

"What? What's wrong?" 

"We're stuck." 

Due to the heavyrain that caused lanslide in some particular areas and provinces, roads going to the east are closed. We are advising everyone to please refrain from travelling for safety purposes. 

Park bom and i were very silent as soon as we heard the announcer on the radio. "It said east right? Gang wondo is in the east and we're going there and there's a landslide?!" She exclaimed. 

I sighed, "we're stuck bigtime and we can't do anything about it." 

"Ofcourse we can't do anything about it. What can you do anyway? Why do we have to go to Gangwon-do at this time of the night in this kind of weather!? Who in the world would do that?" 

As much as possible, i was trying to keep my temper on myself but park bom really had a way to make me mad at times. "Who's fault do you think it is anyway?" I asked. 

"What?! Are you blaming me!? Look, it is not my fault if we are stuck here. do you think i have the ability to send this freaking rainstorm in this country? And aside from that i am not the one who's driving. It is your fault why we are stuck in this place if only you didn't stop then we will not be here."

"I am not talking about your ability if you can send this rainstorm or not park bom. And lady, you really have the guts to blame me when it is partly your fault. If you only answered my calls and didn't went missing then we could have leave for gangwon-do much earlier than this."

"So you're really blaming me kwon ji yong?" 

"You heard me, i said it was partly your fault." 

"Then you should have just left all by yourself!" 

"Yes i know!" i yelled, "i should have just left you alone because i was worried for nothing! if only you told me that you were out with your boyfriend then i wouldn't waste my time on you. You were not answering your phone, Seungri saw you walking in the street and i thought something bad happened to you. You keep me worried when i am not supposed to." 

Out of irritation, i ran my hands through my wet hair before i finally glanced back at Park bom who was frowning at me.

"who's my boyfriend?" she asked, taking me by surprised.

i blinked, "that guy with mohawk hair who was with you earlier?" i said.

"where the hell did you get that news? He is not my boyfriend. he is a friend and my neighbor." she muttered, rolling her eyes. i watched her grabbed a bread from the plastic bag in the backseat and ate it. 

"How could you still eat when we're in this kind of state? when we are in the middle of argument?" i asked in disbelief. 

"I need to eat so i could think of something." she muttered, shoving the bread in . "my mind doesn't work when i'm hungry." 

I chuckled, leaning against my seat. "that's why i told you earlier to eat." 

"because you pissed me off." 

"you really hate me huh?" i asked. 

"sometimes. when you act very authoritative." she said. 

"so are we still going to argue about who's fault it is that we're trap here?" 

Bom shook her head. "No." 

A smile suddenly formed in my lips upon hearing her. "good, because i need you to cooperate with me." 

"what? what do you mean?" 

"i'll go out and push the car from the back you just have to step on this accelerator until it moves." 

"Okay." she shrugged. 

"do you know how to drive?" i asked, curiously. 

"I'm not dumb Ji yong." 

"I'm just asking park bom." i sighed.

BOM 

"Ugh come on!" I groaned in frustration when the car didn't move at all after all the efforts we had been doing. I was sitting in the driver's seat while Ji yong was outside pushing the car getting all soaked up in the rain. "It's no use." i muttered, giving up. i looked at the rear-view mirror and noticed Ji yong covered in dirty muds. After a few more tries, Both of us finally gave up. I thought Ji yong would go back inside the car when he suddenly knocked on the window car. i pulled down the window as he lowered his head leaning a little closer to me. He had been under the rain for quite a long time already and i felt pity for him.

"Bom, i'll just walk back to that road. If i am not mistaken i saw a house somewhere out there maybe i could find someone to help us here." he said, rainwater dripping continously on his face. I looked back and all i could see was a dark scary road and not even a trace of light was there.

"How far is that? I'll come with you." I said. 

"No, you stay here park bom. it's dangerous." 

"you know that it's already dangerous and yet you're still planning to go there?" 

"you worried for me my lady?" he chuckled.

I smacked his head. "i am not joking with you Ji yong. This is serious." i said. 

Rubbing his head, "i'll be back bom. stay here and lock the door. wait for me."

 

 

"where the hell are you Ji yong?"  Each second my worries grew bigger because he was still not around. An hour had already pass and yet there was still no sign of him. I already tried to reach his phone but the idiot left it inside the car and didn't even think of bringing it. Somehow, being alone in this car suddenly made me a little bit scared. It was still very dark, the rain was still falling intensely, the wind was blowing and thunderstorms kept on striking every now and then. The news from the radio didn't help me feel comfortabe at all. Reports about landslides and floods were continously happening.

"Ugh! i can't take this anymore!" finally gaining some courage, i opened the door and went out of the car. The rainwater fell heavily on me and I was immediately soaked by it. i looked around trying to look for someone just in case but i failed.

I walked slowly, yelling his name. "Ji yong!"

I waited for his response but there was none. "Ji yong where are you!" i yelled as i walked though the muddy road. While looking for him, i noticed that some of the trees were cut down due to the wind. My body began to shiver from the cold but i just didn't want to go back yet. Not until i found Ji yong.

"huh?" From a far, i saw a light of what seemed like a car. I was feeling hopeful that i began to jumped and wave, "Help!" i yelled. "hey stop!" 

i could hear someone yelling but i wasn't sure what it was. But as it came nearer to me, the voice became clearer and i immediately recognized it. "Ji yong!" i jumped up and down. I waited until the SUV truck stopped in front of me.

The door swung opened revealing an angry Ji yong, "Yah! i told you to stay in the car what are you doing here?!" he yelled. "i thought you were blown up by the wind so i came to look for you idiot." i said.

"what?!" 

"yah! before you have your lovers quarrel why don't you two just get inside." i peeked over ji yong's shoulder and saw a man in the driver's seat.

"We are not lovers!" we said, in unison. 

 

"This is the only available room we have here for now. It's a little cramp but it has a bathroom."  

placing my bag on top of the bed, i turned to look at Mr. Dong min who helped us tonight. He was standing at the door giving us blankets and pillows.

"Thank you so much hyung." 

"Oh, Ji yong that's not a problem at all!" he laughed. "but anyway, it's really cold outside i hope you and your girlfriend will have a very hot night tonight. If you know what i mean." he said, wriggling his brow. 

I rolled my eyes and sighed at the man. Just when i thought about saying thank you to him. 

"Mr. Dong min, you see i'm really tired and wants to get some rest. if it is okay with you can you please go?"  i asked, as politely as i can.

"oh." he seemed to get my point, "Ah yeah yeah, of course!" he laughed,"i get it! you need some time alone" he said.

i glared at him when he suddenly poked Ji yong and whispered something that i could really hear. "yah Ji yong, your girlfriend is quite aggressive."

"Mr. Dong min!"

"Oh yeah yeah! i'll go i'll go." he said as he waved at us. "good night!" 

When Ji yong closed the door, i immediately flopped myself on the bed feeling so tired.

"you don't have to be so mean to him. He's just joking bom." Ji yong said.

"shut up."

"you better change your clothes now or you'll get sick." he said. 

sitting up on the bed, i pulled out my underwear, jeans and shirt from my bag. "aren't you going to take a bath?" i asked, seeing Ji yong was just sitting on the floor with his head leaning against the wall. He looked tired.

"only if you want me to bathe with you." he teased, smiling.  

i felt my face blushed at his words that i immediately turned away and went inside the bathroom. "What a jerk." I muttered. 

After taking a short shower, i went out out of the bathroom already dry and clean. "I'm disappointed." I glanced at Ji yong who was still in his same position. He was a total mess with all the dirty muds pasted on his clothes and suddenly I wonder why he wasn't changing his clothes yet. "What?" I frowned, not liking the smirk on his face.

"I expected you to be wearing a y lingerie. But you came out wearing pants and shirt." 

Trying to contorl my temper, I walked and crouched down on the floor across him and studied his face. His eyes seemed tired but very captivating, and his lips curved into a little smile that never fail to annoy me. "Well, i'm so sorry to disappoint you." I muttered, leaning a little closer. Ji yong tilted his head to the side and just watched me. There was something weird about him that i just couldn't define. realizing i was staring at him for too long, i decided to get up and go to the bed.

"you sleep on the floor." 

"Bom" before i could even stand up i felt his hand touched my shoulder slowly pushing me down.

"What?" my voice came out unexpectedly weak.

"I...." 

Slowly, he leaned closer to me, my cheeks flushed as i shut my eyes tightly and pushed him away. "What are you doing!? Go away!" I said. 

"Ah!" 

Once i heard a thud sound i opened my eyes and ji yong was on the floor squirming and writhing in pain. "What, i didn't hit you that hard." I said, staying away from him. I waited for him to sit up but something wasn't right  something was weird and i found myself reaching close to him.

"Hey ji yong, are you okay?" I asked.

I touched his arm, "oh my God."

placing my hand on top of his forehead, "Ji yong you're burning up with fever!" i exclaimed. 

"Yah, is this how you treat a sick person?" i heard him muttered weakly.

"i didn't know you're sick okay? you should have just told me." i said.

I put his arm around my shoulder and help him stood up before I carefully laid him on the bed. He was shivering and panting. I had never seen him so weak like this and i couldn't help but blame myself. He stayed under the rain for long hours and i didn't even do anything to help him.

"You need to change your clothes." i said.

JIYONG

when i woke up from my sleep, the first thing that i saw was the woman sleeping beside me. her head was resting on my shoulder while her one hand was placed on the middle of my chest. For a moment, i froze and felt my breathing stop at sight of her sleeping comfortably in my arms. I didn't know how we ended up sleeping together but one thing for sure was that i couldn't take my eyes off her. I watched her hand rise and fall as i breathe and for a second, i was afraid that my fast heartbeat would wake her up. I adored her face which was just a few inches away from me. Her soft skin, eyes, nose and lips I had never seen her so beautiful like this.  She looked peaceful in my arms and i felt this warm radiating inside of me which was really strange. 

I really tried my best not to wake her up, but after a few seconds, she woke up and our eyes met. her eyes looked sleepy but started to grew bigger as she have come to realize our lovely position.

"did you sleep well honey?" i asked, grinning. 

Bom immediately sat up on the bed and glared back at me. She looked cute with her messy hair pointing at different directions just like Mi young. "Don't honey me you jerk." she muttered. I was surprised when she suddenly placed a hand on my forehead and check my temperature.

"You seems fine now." she said.

"Thank you." i said. "but can i ask you something bom?" 

I watched her stood up and knelt on the floor. She was rummaging through her bag trying to look for something. "what?"

"did you changed my clothes? and how did you ended up sleeping beside me?"

"Mr. Dong Min was the one who changed your clothes." 

"What?!" i exclaimed. "A man?"  

"what do you mean what?" she asked, turning to look at me. "did you expect me to change it for you?" 

"Well..." rubbing the back of my neck, "Yeah, i mean no! i just want to make sure that you didn't do something to my precious body." i said, covering myself with the blanket. 

Bom snorted, "Don't worry, even if you're the only man left in this world i wouldn't take an interest to your precious body."

"Oh really? then why are you sleeping beside me? you were even hugging me." i said, mimicking her position earlier.

I suddenly giggled when i noticed her cheeks turning red. "I wasn't hugging you!" she blurted. "You were shivering last night and you looked like you were about to die and this room has no heater so i just literally used my body and because i was so tired checking up on you i didn't know that i fell asleep."

"so we slept together." i mumbled

"literally, Ji yong. Literally slept together." she corrected.