Chapter 10

Cold as ice

BOM

I couldn't sleep. I tried to close my eyes, counted sheeps in my head and even meditated but none of it worked. I had been tossing and turning in my bed forcing myself to drift off to dreamland but failed. Glancing at the wall clock, i sighed when i saw that it was already late in the evening. Was it because i was sleeping here in Gangwondo and not in my home that i was having a hard time to sleep? I wondered. Removing my blanket, i got up from the bed thinking of grabbing some drink. Maybe a glass of water would help me. When i opened the fridge in the kitchen, i reached for a can of beer instead and headed out in the pool area. The Kwon family were already sleeping and i was the only one awake. Taking a sip of my beer, i sat at the edge of the pool kicking the cool water lightly as i glanced up at the sky and watched the stars that were twinkling in the darkness. I felt weird at how i actually felt comfortable in this place. Meeting Ji yong's relatives was a really pleasant thing. All of them were surprisingly cordial to me particularly Mrs. Kwon who gave me the dress i wore earlier after getting pushed into the pool by Mi young. That kid. I was glad we had gotten a little bit close after that event. 

"Careful, you don't want to get yourself drunk." 

I was gulping my beer when i got startled by the voice behind me. Looking up, i saw Ji yong smiling down at me.

"You're still awake?" i asked. 

"Obviously." he shrugged. "finished some work then i saw you here alone thought i'd join you." 

Suddenly, i felt self-conscious when he sat beside me and kept his eyes on me. Too close.

"Good thing you're drinking a beer or else i would think that i'm the reason behind your red cheeks right now." he teased, grinning. 

 I scowled in return. When i scooted away from him allowing some space between us, he noticed it and moved close to me again closing the gap. I glared at his face that was telling me he was purposely annoying me. 

"Are you a leech or something?" i asked, irritated.

That brought a wide grin in his lips. "Why are you uncomfortable with me, huh? we've shared a bed when we were at Dong min's house, had a few skinship and almost kissed..."

his eyes landed in my lips before he stared back at me again. The memories of yesterday flashed back in my mind. Was it just me or things became different after all that. Forcing myself to stay composed, i scooted away from him again and stared at him. I noticed that he looked visibly tired probably from working.

"Ji yong, let's draw some line." i muttered.

I felt relieved when he didn't move closer and just stayed in his position though his eyes were still not leaving me. 

"You didn't answer my question."

"What question?" i asked, unable to remember.

"Why are you uncomfortable with me?" 

"I am not uncomfortable with you." 

"That's not the answer to my question park bom. I know you're already uncomfortable i just want to know why."

For some reason the way he was pressuring me had me gulping nervously. I studied his face looking for a sign of playfulness that was just visible a while ago but it was gone now. Because you don't know how every action you do affects something in me. It worries me. I wanted to say that to him but what came out from my mouth were different.

"Do you like me?" 

"Of course, Yes."

To my surprised he didn't seem to hesitate answering the question. I took a sip of my beer. 

"In a romantic way?" I asked again.

i noticed a smile tugging the corners of his lips. His eyes twinkled in amusement. 

"Too much question. Answer mine bom." He said, cocking his head to one side   

An honest answer to his question wouldn't hurt.

"I have no idea when or how but you've been acting unusual. I mean this 'thing' that we are doing right now and the things that we did before we even got here in Gangwondo aren't normal." I muttered, avoiding his gaze.

"You. . .sometimes. . . " I paused, trying to find the right words to say. "Actually, most of the time you do things that confuses me." I continued.  

Was it the beer that i felt like the surroundings got warm all of a sudden? 

"Things that confuses you? like what?" He asked studying me. His brows furrowed with concern. 

"This and the things before this." I said, annoyed. "You. flirting with me. You. seducing me with your...with your... entire presence and cornering me with your words make me uncomfortable. Ji yong you're my employer and i'm your employee. I work for you to take care of your daughter but you're treating me in a very strange way. I know sometimes you like to make fun of me and i'm already used to it. But this. Us. When you get worried of me, when you pay attention to me, take care of me, tease me, when you show affection to me which is not normal considering our relationship to each other, it troubles me." swallowing, i glanced at him and his expression reminded me of a student who suddenly got educated after discovering something new. 

"But you still haven't answered my question." He deadpanned. 

Looking incredulously at him, "Are you kidding me? after all what i've said you ju--"

"You've answered the question." he interrupted.

"That's it! i'm done." i hissed, rolling my eyes. He was toying with me. Just when i was about to get up, he lightly touched my knee and motioned for me to sit down. But it wasn't really that gesture that made me stay but the words he said next. 

"You answered the questions to myself." he paused, staring at me. A hint of smile played across his lips.

"When you were absent for a day, why did i even care calling you only to be disappointed in the end because you left your bag and your phone in my suite? Why didn't i feel good when i saw you with the guy with mohawk hair? Why did i used my daughter as an excuse and brought you here in gangwondo eventhough you're not needed? eventhough someone's going to take care of mi young? Why did i find you beautiful when i saw you in bed sleeping beside me after you took care of me all night because i was sick? Why do i let you talk down on me and hit me sometimes in the head despite that you're working for me? Why do i get worried of you Bom? Why do i want to pay attention to you? Why do i want to take care of you? Why do i enjoy teasing you? Why did i suddenly decided to sit here beside you when i know i should be sleeping already? but i know i wouldn't be able to sleep because i'll end up thinking about you. When i saw you wearing that dress my mom gave you earlier, why did i suddenly felt annoyed despite that i think you look beautiful in it?..."

"because that's supposed to be a gift for your wife?" i suddenly blurted. Ji yong glared at me.  

"No. because i wanted to keep you for myself. You're pretty and attractive even if you don't dress up and fortunately, you don't notice the eyes of men looking at you everywhere you go." 

I felt my cheeks blushed at what he said. 

"Do you have an idea what i'm going to say next?" he asked.

before i could even continue my words, ji yong interrupted me with a light peck in my lips. My heartbeat began to raise and words were stucked in my throat. dumbfounded, i stared wide-eyed at him as his cheeks burned red while his eyes dilated. 

"You asked me if i like you in a romantic way right? That's my answer. Thank you for helping me realize it." He whispered. 

Suddenly, he held my hand and placed it in my chest. "can you feel it?" he questioned.

I was still in a dazed but i could feel my chest pounding rapidly. 

Yes, my heart is beating so fast. 

"You're uncomfortable because of that." 

Suddenly, I snapped. Realizing what he meant, i immediately pushed him, stood up and walked away. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said, walking past him. 

He was calling my name while following me but i didn't dare to stop. Passing through the kitchen then walking up to the stairs, i was already about to open the door to my room when he held my wrist stopping me.  I immediately looked around the hallway scared that someone would see us in this state. 

"let go." I whispered angrily when he blocked me with one arm.  

"Why did you do that? why ran from me?" He muttered, Furrowing his brow. 

Unlike me who was furious, Ji yong managed to stay calm. His voice gentle but his tight hold was hurting me.  

"Do you know why? Because i hate the way you act like you really know me and my feelings."

"I'm acting like this because i know I'm not wrong. I could even feel your heartbeat right now through your wrist."  

"You spoke of so many stupid questions then kissed me. I was surprised. Do that to anyone i bet their heartbeat will also raise whether they like you or not. Do you want to wake everyone up? Let go. I don't want to talk to you." i said, gritting my teeth.

"This is not the first time i felt this on you. When we were at Dong min's house, when i almost kissed you, i knew i made your heart flutter. You could've pushed me then just like what you are doing now but why didn't you do it bom?"

Letting out a bitter laugh, "You've misunderstood it Ji yong. Were you even listening to me? I was surprised. Unfortunately, you like to do things abruptly, which made you assumed that i do have feelings for you. Maybe next time you try to kiss me, ask for my consent first so i will be ready and you won't conclude that my pulse has something to do with what i feel for you."

"It's not just about the kiss, Bom. Why don't you try to ask yourself some questions too. Like why can't you look at me whenever i'm speaking to you? Why do you stop breathing when i come this close to you?" he responded, leaning close to me. I backed away. 

"Stop." i muttered, not wanting to hear him anymore.

"Why do i make you nervous with my presence?"

"Aren't you going to stop?"

"Why do i make you feel uncomfortable?"

"you're really stubborn." i glared.

"ask yourself. Is it really Ji yong's fault?" he whispered, staring right through my eyes. 

"I'm warning you. If you don't stop i'm going to yell."

"Try me."  

Pinning me against the door, Ji yong suddenly held my face and kissed me hard taking me by surprised. I struggled beneath him as i resisted wildly and kicked him. I managed to push him twice but he immediately recovered and leaned against me. His arms were too strong i  couldn't withstand it. I buckled again and it didn't work. Stupid. How could it work when my mind was telling me to stop him while my body was doing the wrong thing. Slowly responding and giving into his intoxicating kisses, when he felt me already allowing him, he loosened his hold in my wrist and wrapped my hands around his neck, i passionately kissed him matching the intensity of his  lips and when he moaned, i pulled him even close against me. I could feel his groin as his hands freely explored my body underneath my shirt. It sent shivers and excitement down my spine and before i even knew it, i had already turned the knob, opened the door, pulled him inside the room and fell onto the bed without breaking our kisses. 

 

 

So warm. 

Slowly opening my eyes, i sleepily stared at the white wall across me and just stared into nothingness. I closed my eyes.  Opened again. And then closed it again feeling the heaviness of my eyelids. By the time i opened my eyes again, i wasn't looking at the wall but to my green shirt laying on the floor. 

did i change my shirt last night before i go to sleep? 

lazily turning around, i gasped startled and almost fell off the bed when i saw the shirtless man beside me. Sleeping peacefully with his arms tightly wrapped around my waist was Kwon ji yong.  

My head suddenly spun as the realization hit me. the series of last night's event ran through my head like a movie film. Our conversations in the pool, the questions, the time i walked out of him, the thing we did right outside this room and this bed. I felt myself blush as i remembered what we did. What i did. A part of me felt angry at myself. Still, it brought a smile in my face. 

Get a hold of yourself.

Carefully removing his arm and blanket around me, i sat up on the bed and faced the wall. Nothing happened between us last night except that we had a passionate make-out session which led us to the removal of some of our clothes. Bending down to get my shirt that was resting near my foot, i picked it up and looked for my bra next. When i didn't find it on the floor and bed, i just put on my shirt for the meantime and decided that I would look for my underclothing once Ji yong left this room.  Looking over my shoulder, i jumped in fright when i saw him awake and just laying silently on his side with his one arm tucked behind his head. I sat frozen. My cheeks started to burn from his gaze. 

This is awkward.

I only meant to say it in my mind but unintentionally blurted it out making this little creep laughed. Somehow, the sound of his laughter made me loosen up. "You're the only one who's making things awkward right now. Come here." he said, cooly tapping the free space beside him. I did what he said and clumsily lay on my back beside him. I was hard and stiff as stone with his eyes watching me like a hawk. I felt really embarrassed. At this moment, I wished my inner-self would tell me what to do to get over this amateurish behavior of mine. 

"What's funny?" i snapped, annoyed at his teasing smile. 

"You." he chuckled. "Relax, park bom." 

I was planning to turn my back to him but he held my shoulder and turned me so i could face him.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked. 

I nodded. I still couldn't believe that we were in this intimate state.  

"I had no idea you snore." He muttered, earning jabbed in his chest. 

"i'm just kidding." He laughed. "i had a good sleep too." 

Our faces were inches away from each other that I studied his facial features. His brows, eyes, nose. I stopped at his lips then frowned when i noticed a small wound at the center. 

"You bit my lip too hard." he grinned, noticing where my eyes lingered.

I blushed furiously. "I-I did that?" i asked, amazed.

He nodded. "I liked it though."

I touched his lips lightly with my fingertips and felt tingly when he kissed it. I smiled at him but it didn't last long for when i looked at the wall clock behind him, i jolted up in bed taken aback at the time. 

"oh ! It's 11 in the morning everybody must be awake by now." i panicked. "I have to bathe mi young, feed her and. . . and. . . you." I pointed a finger while glaring at him.

"What are you still doing here? what if they see us?" i continued, bothered by how relaxed he was.  

I didn't wait for him to answer as i immediately got up from the bed and picked up his shirt and other clothes on the floor. Holding the blue jeans in front of me as closely examined it, "You have no pants?!" i asked in disbelief. I was pretty sure i only took off his top.

He laughed at my reaction as i threw it to him and caught it. When he stood up and began wearing his underpants, i had to turn away to avoid seeing his vital organ.

"Damn it, Ji yong! Why are you ?" i asked, bewildered. Again, he didn't answer and just guffawed aloud.

"do you really want us to  get caught? don't create a noise."  I warned.

"why are you overreacting, park bom? I sleep ." he explained, zipping up and buckling his belt.

"Come here." he added, quickly pulling me across him. I kept my eyes on his shirtless body as he quickly took out something from his backpocket.

"That's mine!" i said, realizing what he was holding. My face flushed at the sight of that piece of garment dangling in his fingers. 

"Turn around." 

"What are you planning?" I asked, looking suspiciously at him. 

sighing, "I'm not planning anything. Just turn around." 

"That's my bra you're holding." 

"I know. Now turn." 

Nervous, i hesitantly turned the opposite side. My back facing his. "I will seriously punch you in the face if you ever do somethi--"

I was interrupted when he slowly lifted my arms and then my shirt over my head completely taking it off.

"Ji-ji yong..." i muttered weakly as I felt myself tensed and my breathing stopped when his fingers brushed my long hair and moved it up giving access to my back and bare shoulders. His next action made me stifled a squeal as he slowly left trails of kisses on both sides of my neck. With his finger, he traced the line of my back making me squirmed at his touch.  

"I don't want you to pass out. Breathe." He whispered with a husky chuckle.

His fingers travelled back to my lower left shoulder. "Where did you get this scar?"

If he didn't mention it i wouldn't be able to remember that i had it in my back. Suddenly feeling self-conscious, i tried to cover it with my hand afraid that he found it distasteful. It was an ugly scar with a bitter memory.

"Fire. I got into a fire accident 3 years ago. Don't look at it." I said, suddenly turning around.

It was a move i surprisingly didn't regret. I watched his eyes flickered to my chest for a second then back to my eyes again. A pink tinge colored his cheeks. 

"Why not? It's beautiful." he said, looking lovingly at me. 

Snorting, "You don't have to find every part of me beautiful. I hate this thing." 

"If i don't like it i wouldn't even bother to undress you and look at it again." he muttered, handling me my undergarment. "You're imperfections make you perfect to me no matter how ugly you find them Bom." 

"So that's it? that's the reason why you took my shirt off?"

There were moments when i felt like my mouth needed some training of when to speak and not. This was that moment. And worst, It sounded more like i was disappointed rather than a question.  

Grinning widely, his eyes were dancing with amusement. "I told you, I'm not planning anything. Your mind plays too much tricks on you Bom. Now put that on or might not be able to control myself."  

 

 

 

NOTE: Hello! i'm back. XD I wasn't really planning to update this  but i just really miss bom so much that watching youtube videos of her weren't even enough to satisfy ny thirst for her lol  not to mention that i was busy with my life too. XD Anyway, I am not going to be surprised if many of you wouldn't be able to remember this story anymore because i felt the same way too. T__T Goodness! i had to re-read everything again just to remember some details. I'm also  happy that some of you commented and wanted me to continue this fic which actually inspired me. ^____^ I really hope you'll enjoy this update and tell me what you think about it. :)  

P.S I also want to give a shoutout to cailley who kept on bugging me to update this. XD