The Canvass and The Ball Section 1 - Chapter 6/Page 12/?

The Canvass and The Ball

Continuation....................................Hi Everybody...........................here we go.............................first..............


The Party
Kim’s Resident
Family, Friends and Associates
 

It’s Key’s intent party and guests attending are strictly on limited selected invitation only to keep his privacy.

And as expected, high profiled media agencies with its owner only representing are present but at a minimum number, also included are carefully selected Key’s clients, plus Tiffany and her late husband’s very close friends counting Donghae and of course few in the political and business world.

Everyone is excited to have learned that Key is going to participate and that what is happening right now - an early bidding auction or sale of the latter’s entry in the competition.

Tiffany and Donghae as well as Taemin plus Onew and Jonghyun are looking at each other astounded as to how quickly the event is occuring right before their very eyes.
 

What strikes everyone attention as jaw-dropping is when one passionate lover of an art politician who's from Colombia moves at the center of its party grand ballroom and speaks…

“Me gustaria comenzar la licitacion del Sr.
Key por un monto de 15 millones de dólares...”

Immediately after stating that, a media owner moves towards where the Colombian politician stands and translates it in English but in a brief understandable manner…

“Bidding starts at 20 million US Dollars…”

Taemin gasping for words to say manages a few…

“A…A…Auntie… 20million…freaking insane…!”

 

“25 million US Dollars for me…”
Then says the Oil business magnate from Kuwait…

“30 million US Dollars I bid…”
Yells a richest man in Hong Kong…

“50 million dollars my entry…”
Raising his hand, a famous art collector from Russia…

The bidding goes on and on until one person walks toward to the center calmly stating…

“1dollar as stated by my boss …from Mexico…
and if anyone of you objects, please feel free to do
so and then after state how much higher he/she can bid…
(looks at the crowd) anyone…?”

Everyone present gapes in a bewildered state of shock that one of the bidders in a confused condition states…

“Is this some sort of a mockery…?
One freaking dollar…
what does your boss mean…?”

So the representative states confidently smiles and in a perceptible voice…

“Yes, as I have previously mentioned - one dollar only…
and so right now I am waiting for someone who
will bid higher from the previous bidding mentioned…”

One business magnate from China proudly states…

“70 million dollars…”

Everyone is taken aback by the challenger that in sync nods all at the same time accepting defeat.

 

The representative after hearing the challenger from China simply smiles and continues to move in the direction of Onew and hands the envelope saying…

 

“Here is our final bid which I believe
will put to an end of this bidding competition.
My Boss predicted that it would somehow end up
in a bidding competition so that
please  read it in front of everyone for fairness sake…”

Onew in a baffling shocked state receives the envelope and turns his head to look at Tiffany and company who are also currently entranced by the whole bidding atmosphere.
Tiffany quickly regaining from here sense nods then Onew walks to the center and opens the envelope and gasp in full surprise lifts his head up facing the crowd then turns to face Tiffany still gaping.

Tiffany signals and points at her jaw, lifting it up and showing it to Onew which the latter understand and thus, close his in full gawping mouth.

Clearing his throat, Onew speaks in a loud voice louder to a larger degree for everyone to hear…

“One Dollar and a 35 storey prestigious hotel in
Las Vegas presently earning yearly a net revenue
estimated from 5 to 10million dollars now
transferred under Mr. Kim Key’s name…
and to Mr. Kim Key, my boss is looking forward to
your masterpiece entry this year…
thank you very much…”

“Oh my goodness…”

“Oh …”

“ffffuuuuu…”

“Darn…awesome….”

They are crazy…”

Comments floating including that of Tiffany and company.

Then after, an overwhelming loud cheer has filled the entire 15 thousand square meters of the Kim’s residence thereby causing Minho who is inside his room trying so hard to grasp what is going on at Key’s residence talking to himself utters…

“I wonder what is going on…?”

Then pouting why he is not invited then remembers what his father told him the day before the party.

“Son…Key is going to hold a party…?”

“Are we his classmates invited as well…?
Where is the invitation…?”

(sighing and feeling pity for Minho)
I am so sorry Minho.
But this party is not intended for you guys.
I do not know exactly what kind of party is it that
even Tiffany did not mention.
I thought this party is for his new friends but
unfortunately it is not…”

(sad tone) But remember Auntie Tiffany
mentioned that she is going to hold a party and so…”

“I know and she is aware of her promise but this
one is more private and exclusive…”

(sighs) Fine… I guess..
I just have to wait for that party for us to happen…”

(on a positive note) I guess this one is more likely
that of your Auntie Tiffany and I believe one of
those business welcome party – speaking so, boring…”

 

Page 12 Chapter 6 Ends Here..............................................next page please...........................................