The Canvass and The Ball Section 1 - Chapter 1/Page 4/?

The Canvass and The Ball

Continuation.....................................................2nd page for today's update..........................


 

 

Hearing what his father just told him of Key's mother call about coming back home. 
Instantly Minho feels as if he wants to run miles due to extreme happiness cause as for him, the Kim's coming back home - is definitely breaking news.

Every beating after hearing the news has become an exercise.
Minho tries to clean his ears or patting his head whether everything that is happening is just a dream.

 

"This is not a dream is it...?
What I just heard is actually going to happen...
Auntie Tiffany and Key coming back... Whoaa...
Because of this, I believe that wish can come true...
In fact, I am fairly certain that last week
when I passed by Key's house,
I desperately wished that one day before I leave this place;
they might come back just even for the purpose of visit.
This is amazing... I can't believe it...YES!"


 

Now here he is, hyperventilating, recounting in explicit detail all the things that just happened few days back.
All his discontents and a ready green light which means, to let it go has been running through his mind.
Minho internalizing his emotions with what he previously thought that the ship had already sailed long time ago, and it was probably for the best of him.
With a feeling that somehow he had been taking himself for granted and worred for the person who did not even really know him deeply, so that, you have to dignify yourself by moving on.

Having gone through countless frustrating hopes and wishes, with multiple failures as a result, Minho was just plain exhausted and starting to feel desperate.
As he recalled the anxiety he felt in those encounters, he laughs at himself visualizing his own self sitting vulnerably facing Key's room, and that he just learned that even his father's heart went out to him.
He outrageously even imagined he felt like the female version of Rapunzel desperately waiting for his beloved savior to save him from his own endless aloneness.

But now, the situation has changed, in an abrupt and unexpected way—he is trying not to trip up.
He could not respond properly to his own emotions and thankful somehow from the studies he had learned that communicating with oneself often offers a huge relief.
And right now he could not wait to get rid of these overflowing powerful emotions...

"It is funny, I act so giddy when in reality,
we were never really friends
not even the so-called good acquaintance...

(sighing desperately) and does he even know we are neighbors?
but... fighting MInho...fighting...
(foolishly smiles as he continues to wait)"

 

Minho and Donghae; The Countdown of Days
Moment of Waiting Ending
Tiffany and Key's Arrival

 

Wednesday
(Author's note: hhhmm... fastforwarding sounds nice)
 

Staring at his cooking, Minho is engulfed with mixed emotions – excitement, anticipation and fear – about what it would feel like to meet the person he has dearly loved despite the distance between them for almost 15 years.
Smiling and confident, bearing in mind what his father had told previously told him – perhaps, he really needs his help when the time comes.
Minho needs to ask Donghae for support and ways to get close to Key.
He needs it very badly not to waste time and let himself experience that joy and that he has been yearning and dreaming through all those empty years.
 

“I do not know what will happen
but I will really work hard for it no matter what happens,
but my question is, will he accept me?”

 

In worst case scenario, when Minho without doubt fails, he would have to be on familiar terms with the result that it would be his fault for blowing the opportunity. Minho laughs at the thought of him creating a sort of a drama anthology story of his love life accounts.

And about 15 minutes have passed, unknown to Minho, Donghae comes in, pauses for a while to observe his son and heaves a sigh due to the latter’s behaviour.
He further realizes that after what they have talked about and what his son had shared him, comforting is not the best option but to let Minho experience and prevail over his own insecurities.

Donghae loves his son, Minho, and he is willing to accept whatever Minho would think that will make the latter happy and contented.
He just hopes that Minho has enough confidence and should not be too worried internalizing the process; he also feels that there is no other way but to face his challenge win or lose; the opportunity is coming and pretty hand reachable, Minho has to do it.
Donghae his hair smiling compassionately about his hopelessly in love son he has no intention to forsake the latter.

He could see that Minho is talking to himself using a lot of time and effort – not forgetting that the latter is cooking while thinking – trying to consider something that is ideal for him to do.
And through all Minho’s alternating between statements of certainty and doubt, Donghae sees Minho pulling his self away from his original position with shoulders and head down; he is convinced that his son allows the inadequacies to undeniably capture him.

Just then, Donghae takes a stand and says it a bit louder enough for Minho to hear...
 

“Minho, have faith in yourself that no matter what happens,
you have finally done something that you have been craving to accomplish...
You have me and your sister, Jessica; so do not worry...”

 

 

Page 4 Chapter 1 Ends Here........................................next page please................................