Chapter Twenty One

My Son's Daddy is Back

 

AUTHOR’s POV

Day by day, Amber and Krystal getting closer back as she didn’t distance herself from Amber anymore. People are curious about their relationship and whenever they had been asked, they replied “we’re friends only”. Their friends will be at the same table during lunch and sometimes Kai also present. Amber did feel jealous towards Kai who always make Krystal laugh but he could only watch them. Nobody knows that Amber is the father of Krystal’s child except their close friend but Kai did not include. Amber and his friends already planned how to propose Krystal and they decide to ask for Aiden’s help too. Finally they day has come. Krystal went home at 7pm since she went out with the girls.

 

AMBER’s POV

My heart was beating so fast. I was so nervous, excited and scared. The proposal took place at Krystal house’s backyard. The boys already prepared everything and her friends helped me to make sure she came home late that night. I kept playing the blue box on my hand which contained the ring.

 

“Wahhhhhh, it’s sho beautipull” Aiden came outside and approached.

 

“Really. I wish your Mummy will accept me, Aiden” I took him in my arms.

 

“Op couwse she will. She loves chuuuuuuu. And I love chu too Daddyy” He hugged my neck.

 

“Okay and remembered what should you do when she arrived at home” I told him and he nodded while thumbing ups. The boys already stayed inside the house on the upper floor with Mum, Dad and Mr with Mrs. Jung. I put down Aiden and he went inside. I kept walking forth and north. My hands are sweaty enough.

 

Why do I have feelings that she’s going to reject me?

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

The girls were acting weird today. I reached home at 7 pm. As I entered the house, Aiden screamed my name happily and grabbed my hand.

 

“Where’s everyone?” I asked him but he didn’t respond. He kept dragging until at the backyard. As we reached the backyard he let go off my hand and ran upstairs. I was speechless seeing how beautiful the backyard is with all the candles, flowers, and balloons. There are candles arranged into “ I LOVE YOU”. It was amazing.

 

“Aidennnnnnnnnnnnnn” I screamed.

 

“Who did these?” I screamed again and suddenly Amber popped in front of me.

 

“I did” He smiled gently and made me blushed.

 

“Come here” He held my hand and pulled me forward. We sit on the bench.

 

“Why did you do these?” I asked him.

 

“Because I love you” He replied short. Suddenly, he kneeled down.

 

“Wha..tt a..re you doing, Am? Get up” I stuttered.

 

“Jung Soojung, I’ve loved you since the first time I laid eyes on you. Aiden is the proof of our love. I was so stupid because didn’t find you but trust me. I really love you. You’re the only girl who stays in my heart. You owned me, Soojung. I want you to be mine so that I can spend the rest of my life you” I was amazed and my heart stopped beating when he reached his pocket to take out a box.

 

“Will you marry me, Jung Soojung?” He opened the box showing the ring.

 

“I.....I...” I stuttered. Ambe’s eyes were telling me to say yes but honestly, I’m really not ready yet.

 

“Will you, Soojung?” He asked me again.

 

“Can you give more time? I need to think about it first” I saw his eyes saddened.

 

“O..kay. Take your time. The deadline is on the prom night” He laughed. I knew he didn’t laugh sincerely. He must be upset.

 

I’m sorry, Am.

 

AMBER’s POV

The moment she rejected my proposal almost made me shed tears. I was disappointed not with her but myself. I knew she will think about it again and again. It’s not easy to forget what happened in the past. The biggest mistake I’ve made is let her raise Aiden alone.  I look at the upper story and found my friends and others at window. I shook my head and smiled. They left the window. Krystal sent me to the main door.

 

“Amm, I’m sorry” She told.

 

“It’s okay. I understand” I patted her head.

 

“Bye” I kissed her cheek and walked away. How I wished she will call me back and said yes. But I knew it only can happen in my dream. As I reached at my house, I went into my room and locked the door. I showered and lay on the bed but couldn’t sleep.

 

 

“Morning Mum. Morning Dad” I greeted my parents at the table. They knew that I’ not in a good mood so they just kept quiet. I was about to leave then my Dad told me something.

 

“Amber, remembered. If she didn’t agree on marrying on the prom night, you still have to leave for US” He told me. I turned around to see him.

 

“I will Dad” I smiled even though it’s hurt. Hurt to leave Krystal and Aiden. I went straight to pick up my son and Krystal. We didn’t talk at all. Since exam is just in few days more, I tried to make myself busy with studying. At the same time, I wanted to give Krystal space so that she can think wisely. I don’t bother her anymore during the exam month. We rarely talk even I saw her every day.

 

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

After I kinda rejected him that night, Amber didn’t bother me anymore. I understand that we were facing exam but I felt he ignored me. Amber no longer turned behind to see me. He still picked me and Aiden as usual and sometimes three of us went out together but Amber pay full attention to Aiden. Prom Night was postpones a week after the exam end since the lecturer wanted to give out the results first. The girls and I were chilling at the College’s park.

 

“Krysiee, who are you going with to the prom?” Luna asked.

 

“I don’t know. There a few guys asked me to go with them but I rejected. You’re going with whom, Lun?” I asked her back.

 

“Did Kai ask you too? I’m going with that Lee Jinki” She giggled.

 

“Kai did. Maybe I’ll consider him. Sulli is with Taemin of course. Vic Unnie?” I questioned.

 

“Maybe I’m going with Nickhun since he asked me. Amber didn’t ask you, Krys?” Victoria asked. I shook my head. Why he didn’t ask me? He should ask me if he wanted a yes on that night.

 

“But is it okay if I’m going alone” I asked them.

 

“Of course you can” Sulli exclaimed. Then I’m going alone. It is much easier. Honestly since Amber ignored me lately, I’ve been missing him so bad. I missed how he always follows me around in the college, he helped me to carry my books and many more. I lied if I said I don’t love him. I LOVE AMBER more than anything else. I’m going to say yes on that night. Can’t wait. The results will come out the day after tomorrow. Later it will be the prom night.