How we used to be

Life is like Cherry Blossom

A Child's Mind - Song Kwang Sik

JinYi led JoongKi along with her entering the famous hotel building. Surely the famous hotel in Seoul have a lot of foreigner and even the citizen themselves. In a hectic city like Seoul where the nights never dies, people are always awake. 

"I wonder which way to the hallroom?" JinYi pondered as she try to search for a hint of her friends. 

JoongKi chuckled. "Lol,"

"Huh? Lol. Did you just LOL me?" she squinted her eyes. He grinned even more as he raised an eyebrow at her. "Uh-huh." 

She freaking roled her eyes at him as she tugged on his sleeve. That only makes his grinned widened. "Oh! I saw Hwijoo," She beamed, when she had just almost squealed. He peeked at the same direction of hers.

"Where?" He asked, puzzled. She dismissed his question and followed her long time no see friend. 

As the two of them followed the so called-friend-of-her, they finally found the door to the hallroom. As expected, many of her college's friends had came. Not to mention, they're wearing all those branded dress, revealing here and there of their ckin. JinYi made a self noted to herself. That to not wearing a skimpy dress which probably makes her looked even more shorter than she is.

Speaking of short, she hadn't witnessed the biggest bully when they were in college, Han Seunghoon. Seunghoon is a friend of Ildo. He's tall and a cool guy. JinYi's eyes flitted to a female whom used to be her bestfriend. She acknowledge her as her ex bestfriend. Thinking back, it was all in the past. She didn't hold any revenge but the scar was there. She literally remembered every little thing they had been through together. Just because a guy they had broke apart. Yoojin is pretty and rich and there's no reason for a guy to not liking her.

"Oh my god, is that you JinYi?" A male voice boomed behind her. She turned around at the voice. "Seunghoon?" She asked, a little surprised. 

Seunghoon smugly grinned,"Nope, it's giraffe-Hoon." There was sarcasm in his words. Yeah, JinYi used to call him 'giraffe-Hoon' because he is tall. Taller than Park Chanyeol.

JoongKi whom had excused himself to toilet earlier was washing his hands when he saw a familiar person walked in. He watched that person through the mirror and that person don't even noticed him staring.

Kim Ildo, the ex boyfriend of my wife. He thought to himself. He smirked, he doesn't know why but he did. Something told him this guy is a jerk. JoongKi walked out of the toilet and headed to get some drinks. It's so fascinating that he didn't expect that JinYi would bring him along. 

"Did you see JinYi? She's here after what seems forever." A woman around his age said. "Yeah. I heard she's really succesful nowadays." Another interjected. 

JoongKi glanced sideways. The women were oblivious of him. And surely they didn't recognised him either. 

"Luck was always on her side. Look at her, her husband is not just any man. He's a pediatrics." They continued. Didn't want to pay attention anymore, JoongKi sauntered to his wife. She was talking with few of her acquaintaces. He gently touched her bare arms as she turned around and throw him a grinned.

"Oh, oppa, this is Junee. My junior during college." She introduced the two of them. JoongKi nod at her and smiled. 

"JoongKi," They shake hands. Junee flashed him a charming smile in returned. "Junee. You're husband seriously hot sunbae." Junee chuckled. A beet of red shade JinYi's cheek as she shyly smiled. She's still not used of people compliment about her.

As they were talking JinYi grew tired of standing. JoongKi decided they settled down for a while. They sat at their table. JinYi was literally looking around watching the guests talking and gossipping. Her eyes caught one of the couple who was busy making out behind one of the pole. She inwardly cringed.

"I bet the girl didn't even get to breath." Joongki complimented. As on cue, Jinyi scrunched her nose. A moment later she cleared her throats. 

"Why were you flushed?" Joongki more. She swatted his chest but he caught her hand. "Jeez, you make me felt ashamed." She pulled her hands away. Joongki laughed at her because it's obvious that he enjoyed teasing her. But deeply, he's so in love with his wife. Not to mention how beautiful she looks in her dress although it was just a simple sleeveless dress.

He pulled her closer which she was taken aback of. "What are you doing?" She whispered unconsciuosly. 

He beamed and his eyes gazed intently in hers. Jinyi's eyes softened immediately. Her palms placed on his nape. "I love you." He whispered in her ears. 

She on her breath. "Joongki..." Her voice trailed off. Before she realized it, she had brushed her lips against his. It took Joongki a moment to realize it that she took her step ahead. His lips stretch into a smile and he pecks her lips once, twice.

Their moment was interupted by the guest who had walked in with her long dress in red. Not to mention, she even wore a very bright red lipstick where she parted the people into two. 

Joongki recognised her instantly because that woman was the exact woman who had left him years ago. And Joongki, had vowed that he will never beg for her. Not again.

Hyorim's red dress glided on the floor when she walked to Ildo. Thanks to Ildo, that she finally try to get her plan working. But she was kinda late for the party. 

Ildo, was beyond frustrated when he saw Jinyi and Joongki kissed. He could have crumpled him to pulp but it was Jinyi that he's thinking about. It's obvious that she loves Joongki when she kissed him. The same look she used to have when he was in Joongki placed. 

Ildo admit that he envied Joongki. Not a simple envy but also the hatred flowing through his body. "So," Hyorim raised her eyebrows. 

Ildo threw her un amused look as he sipped his drink. "You're late." He commented as his fingers trailed along the frame of her face. Hyorim smirked and took his glass and put it at the table near them. 

"Should we get going now?" Hyorim brushed his tux lightly as she flashed him a flirty grin. She tucked her arm with his as they two walked towards their plan. 

Joongki and Jinyi were talking and laughing when both Hyorim and Ildo showed up. "Jinyi." Ildo called after her and the two stopped laughing as they turned to look at the person. 

"O-oppa." 

There was a slight silent between them. Jinyi's eyes flitted towards Hyorim. She recognised her as the new rising model of a famous beauty products; Seo Hyorim. "Jinyi, met my friend; Hyorim." Ildo said.

Joongki couldn't tell was the friend part true or not. "Hi, I'm Seo Jinyi." "Hyorim." They shook hands.

But Joongki was examined this all commotion. "What a coincidence to meet you here Dr Song." Hyorim commented either too comfortable. This time, it's Jinyi whom intently watched his husband and Hyorim.

"You guys know each other?" Jinyi asked. Joongki's expression was hard to read. His eyes look steady but his posture was kind of rigid and yet he was calm. 

"Oh, Hyorim and Joongki were a couple back then." Ildo said. Jinyi was surprised but she didn't let it show. She's good at showing her facade. If she was hurt by what Ildo had said, she would not let anything show. She nod her head. Joongki was self aware. 

He beamed at Hyorim like nothing happen as he sniffed Jinyi's head calmly. Hyorim couldn't believe it. If before, whenever Joongki was angry, sad or anything similar to that, she can read him like abc. But standing in front of her right now wasn't the old Joongki who used to worship her.

And Hyorim was devastated at that. She snorted silently. "Wow." Was all Jinyi could uttered. 

"It's weird right? How Hyorim and Jinyi used to date each other like how you and me used to too." Ildo said and he flashed Hyorim a small smile. Which in return Hyorim smiled back. It was sickening to Joongki to see that woman, who he used to worship is now such a bad woman.

If only he was matured enough back then. If only he had think wisely. He would never wanted to beg for her. Not anymore. 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Updated. :) Finally I've set free off from the national service and so. And I had graduated