Monkey-in-Love

Life is like Cherry Blossom

BoA - Disturbance

- - - - - - - - - - - -

 

For the whole week, both family were busy for the preparation. At first, they thought of having an engagement first but then Jin Yi's grandmother kept saying things like 'she's already old' and that she wanted to see her beloved granddaughter to get married. Because of her nonsense but true, they had agreeing on getting directly to marry.

Since last two hours, Jin Yi is trying her best on trying on the wedding dress but her mum and grandmother kept on disagreeing. Once has a mind of getting it modern, and another one keep on demanding a proper dress which is not showing too much. Everytime she'd tried on another dress there's always a non-stop critics. On her seventh trying on the dress, she was scolded by the two women for wearing a grey wedding dress. But it was so beautiful and yet elegant to her. 

Of course, it is against the tradition. Instead, she kept on trying for another. 

"How about this?" she turned around with a big smile plastered on her face.

"Nah, too simple."

"Like an old woman" The two woman shrugged it off. Her smile immediately disappeared. "Jeez," she muttered. With an exasperation breath escaped from her lips, she walked into the fitting room again and the workers there started to help her taking the dress off.

"It's like this is their marriage and not mine," she babbling again. One of the workers smile at her. "Do you want to try our top collection?"

"Top collection?" she asked back. The worker nodded this time, "yeah. All time favourite by the brides"

She shrugged, "Sure, why not,"

The worker nodded and walked into the other room, leading her to the place where they keep the dress. Jin Yi obediently followed her. "Here it is, you can choose." the worker earlier opened the door.

Jin Yi found herself dazzled by the beauty of the dresses in the room. She walked pass one by one of the dresses. If wedding ceremony people could've do it for many times, she won't be having a hard time to choose. It's all pretty. What a waste, everyone was just going to wear it once in a life time. Well, except if you're getting remarried or marrying another time. 

At the end, she picked up a long white dress with an illusion neck. It was such a simple wedding dress but that's what caught her eyes. 

While her mum and grandmother were talking, she walked in. Her mum was screwed up by her appearance. 

"What? Oh, don't tell me this one is ugly too. No matter what, I'm going to choose this, fullstop!" she clears herself out loud.

Her mum chuckled, "No one says no, dear. That looks perfectly nice and good on you"

Her grandmother nodded along. 

"Really?" she clasped her hands together. "Yes, darling."

"Should I snapped a picture of it and send to JoongKi oppa?"

"NO!" the two womans shouted. JinYi was quite surprised and so does the worker. "Get in and change already. We're going to the family dinner after this. You should be choosing your wedding rings too," her mum patted her back lightly.

JinYi hesitated but in the end listen to it too.

 

The car drove by. JinYi sat behind her mum while she drive. She's counting down the days left for their marriage. It wasn't that long. Soon, her life as a single woman will be taken away. Half part of her is not willing to get marry just yet. But it's too late to turn back now. 

The wedding invitation card had already been given. Unexpectedly, she had send it herself to  her ex's house. Her first love. The guy she love dearly. But that was brave of her to invite him so. Though she used to hurt because of him, she learnt that nothing will stay in that way if one of them is not willing to be honest.

Unlike her, he would always cover everything up. JinYi just can't tolerate with it any more.

Her phone suddenly rings. She pulled her phone out of her handbag. *JoongKi?* 

She swear that she could have seen her mum was watching her through the mirror. She cleared and answered it anyway.

"JinYi?" His voice ringing at the other end of the line.

She hummed, "Hmm."

"I was just about to ask you, should I pick you up this evening before the dinner?" he asked. Just in case, she wasn't around.

"Aniya, it's okay. Furthermore, I'll be heading there with the follks." She told. Deep inside, she was too scared to face him now. She doesn't want the time she had left as a single lady is going to be spend with him too. 

"Okay, then. But I have something to give to you tonight. Can we talk, alone... after the dinner tonight?" He was unsure why did he even asked her that.

JinYi does not need to think twice. If he does not ask for much, why can't her accomplish his wish? 

"Okay, not a problem."

JoongKi smiled, "Thank you, JinYi. See you later" He ended the call.

JoongKi rested his back against the dressing chair where he's trying on his tuxedo now. Jongsuk nudge him by his shoulder.

"Yah, why are you smiling like a fool?"

He llooked at his friend, "Did I?"

Jongsuk nodded, "Yeah. Ireoke;" he mimicked him. JoongKi smacked his arm. 

"I did not." JoongKi argued.

"That's what they said when they are in love," Jongsuk rolled his eyes. As if he was saying 'duh' obviously. Then Jongsuk walked out of the dressing room.

JoongKi looked at his relection in the plane mirror in front of him. *Am I?*

He started to realized it himself. He was smiling a lot lately, alone. Maybe that's the reason why Yoobi kept on calling him 'Monkey-in-Love'.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -