Nine

But I love you ♡ (하지만, 사랑한다)

20th  Nov 2012, Sunday, Rainbow

 

Hyuna's POV

He stumbled in, and before I know, he pulled me into his embrace. I could smell the alcohol lingering in his breath. 
 
"Yah Yong Junhyung! How much have you drank?" I asked, supporting him by his shoulders. 
 
He tried stabling himself, looked at me, and cupped my cheeks with his palms. "Why is your cheek so cold?" 
 
"Your hands are even colder." I said. "I'll call Hyunseung to pick you up. You rest for a while." I put him down sitting against the wall, and went to look for my phone. 
 
"Don't go." He tugged my wrist, pulling me down next to him. "Just stay here with me." His head slowly but heavily landed on my shoulders. "Hah, this is so comfortable." 
 
"You're drunk." I scoffed.
 
"No, I am not. I can't be any sober than this." He replied, and I felt droplets on my shoulders. 
 
"Hyuna-ah." He sniffed, controlling back his tears. "How's your sprain? Fully recovered?" He asked, still looking down and rubbing my ankle gently.
 
My heart raced a little. Startled by his action, I quickly moved my foot away. "You're asking the obvious, dude! Do you think Manager Hong would allow me to be here if I haven't recover?" I cackled, trying to kill the awkward atmosphere.
 
"Hyuna-ah..." The way he called my name brought tears to my eyes. "Have you ever done anything which you regret?" He asked, finally looking into my eyes. I didn't answer. 
 
Looking straight, he continued, "I had. I used to like a girl, but I didn't do anything to make her mine. In fact, I pushed her into the arms of my best buddy. I thought I was unruffled by it. It seems like I was wrong. If I could turn back time, I would hold on to her tightly, and never let her go."
 
He let out a cold laugh. "But it's all too late. We both have someone by our side now, someone we cannot afford to lose, someone we cannot afford to hurt. She has someone who cherished her more than I do. No matter how much I regret,  it's still an irreversible outcome."
 
Was it me whom he was referring to? Did he used to treat me more than a friend?  I am confused.
 
He placed his head on my shoulders again. "Can I borrow your shoulders for the night? I am tired. Really." He soon fell into a deep slumber. I lowered my head, giving a peck on his forehead. Don't ask me why. I have no idea what I was doing as well.
 
As the skies darkened into the night, memories of the past was as cold as the snow outside, pounding on my window, pouring into my mind. Yong Junhyung, what's the use of telling me these now? Why must you befuddle me yet again? I had a hard time erasing you off my heart, but here you are again, messing up the feelings which I had painstakingly sorted properly. 
 
Trapped within this painful walls, I longed to be rescued. Can I travel back in time to be with you? I know, however, there's no turning back. I have him, and you have her. And I too know, after tonight, when the sun rise, we had to be back to where we should be.
 
 
 
Hyunseung's POV
 
I was standing outside the room all these while. 
 
My girlfriend and my best buddy were inside. I heard what I shouldn't hear. I saw what I shouldn't see. But I couldn't even move an inch. 
 
Sorrow, anger and torment permeated my head. What should I do now? I do not know.
 
I decided to run, run out the building, run away from the reality, run to where my legs would bring me to. 
 
No doubt, this season was cold. 
 
But my heart was even colder.