Fourteen

But I love you ♡ (하지만, 사랑한다)

 

9th  Dec 2012, Friday, Sunny

 

Junhyung's POV

The first schedule after Hyunseung’s one week’s hiatus was a photo shoot with the rest of Beast members for a Denim Jeans commercial. During the past one week, we knew how devastated he was by the sudden loss, but instead of taking time to mourn, he avoided his memories by throwing himself even further. Company gave him a month of rest, but he came back to work after a week of break. He convinced himself that he was working for his family. Or for Beast and Cube. Or for the memory of his father. Or perhaps, deep down, he knew he was doing it for himself. He seemed to be physically recharged (or so we thought), and the photo shooting went on rather smoothly. 

“Well done, you guys have worked hard.” The camera crew thanked us. We bowed and went to change out of our sponsored attires.

“Let’s go for a drink before going back to our dorm, since we have no other schedules later.” suggested Doojoon. “It’s been some time since we last had a brotherly bonding session out together.”

“Handsome hyung, your treat?” Yoseob asked with his cutesy ageyo.

“Deal! Let’s go!” Doojoon merrily agreed.

Upon hearing that, my cute dongsaengs excitedly voiced out the most expensive restaurants that they could think of.

“Byeokje Galbi!”
“No! Arirang Restaurant is better!”
“Why not Vatos Urban Tacos!”
“Samwon Garden! Samwon Garden!”
“I wanna try out Pizzeria d’Buzza!”

They were just like a bunch of kindergarten students, who couldn’t contain their excitement when the teacher announced their excursion trip for the every first time. And without further ado, we tugged Doojoon and jumped onto the company van before he could even speak another sentence. 

 

There wasn’t a single moment of silence during the whole journey. Doojoon was driving with Dongwoon beside him, and the rest of us sitting behind.  

“Where are we going, Hyung?” Kikwang asked curiously.

“For me to know, and for you to find out.” Doojoon answered like no answer.

We sniggled, rolled our eyes on him, and continued with our own conversations. Slouching in back seat comfortably, I played with my iPad and observed my cute members from time to time. Dongwoon was busy taking selcas in the front seat, finding perfect angles for himself and trying to get us into the frame at the same time while Yoseob was imitating 2ne1’s I am the Best, with Kikwang and Hyunseung being his faithful audiences, laughing at his exaggerating impersonation. Though Hyunseung was joking together with them, but behind his laughter, I could somehow sense a tinge of sadness emitting through his eyes. Heart hides what we can't say, but eyes say what we try to hide.

Soon, we reached where Doojoon had brought us to. It was a shabby roadside stall along Yonsei Street.

“Hyung! I should have guessed it when you say you are treating! You wouldn’t be so generous!” Dongwoon grumbled.

“Hey, don’t doubt my sincerity okay. It’s the thought that counts! Our companion is worth more than anything right? What’s more is that the food here is simply fantabulous!” Doojoon explained himself, not forgetting to act like a pathetic soul who just got bullied by his mates.

“Yeah yeah yeah yeahh…” The rest rushed in the stall, leaving Doojoon behind with his profound preaching.

“You guys just don’t understand my heart….” He faked out a whiny tone, with his fist hitting his chest gently and another hand reaching for the sky, trying to get the members’ attention back on him.

These are my members, with an average age of twenty two, but a mentality of ten.

“Yah! A bit too dramatic, dude! Nobody’s watching you. Go in lah!” I said, draping my hands around his neck, and dragging him into the stall.

“You’re indeed my best brother, Yong Junhyung! I know you’ll never leave me alone!”

When we got in, our table was already filled with Bulgogi, Samgyeopsal, Japchae, Seolleongtang, Kimchi jjigae, Ddeokbokki and whatever that can be found in the menu and my hungry members were already indulging themselves in aroma of delicacies.

In the midst of our jokes, laughter and food, I sensed a gaze on me. I looked up and caught Hyunseung who was sitting diagonally opposite, staring blankly in my direction. He then looked back at his food and gulped down a cup of Soju. Something’s not right, I know. But I can’t figure out what. There’s this tensed atmosphere between us which I could scarcely fathom. I recalled the strange vibe he gave off when we shared a room in Thailand few weeks back. I convinced myself that I was thinking too much then. However, I couldn’t be wrong this time round. Surely there is this awkward feeling between the both of us which can’t be explained.

 

If only I had the supernatural power to read people’s mind, I wouldn’t land myself in this psychological game.

If only I know what Hyunseung is thinking.

If only I can save myself from this torment.

If only…

___________________________________________________________________________________________

To all my dear readers:

Sorry for being missing in action for such a loooooooooong time.
I’m finally back with a new chapter.
Thanks for being with me still despite my scarce updates.
Really appreciated :)