Twenty One

But I love you ♡ (하지만, 사랑한다)

24thDec 2012, Monday, Snowing

 

Hyunseung's POV

And so Christmas came.  Christmas every year is the most beautiful time in Korea. The entire Korea shimmers as if covered by golden specks.It was a year ago, when we spent our first Christmas Eve together. It seemed like it just happened yesterday…

 

“Baby, I’m on my way back to dorm to get a bath. Text you after I’m done, let’s say at 11pm? Will come pick you up at your dorm okay? See ya later.”

I was feeling lethargic physically because of the numerous schedules these few days. But I can’t wait to meet my girl later, though I have just seen her a while ago, but I will never get enough.

I took a quick shower and off I went, speeding towards 4Minute’s dorm.

“I’m here already, you may come down now. Take the exit from the side gate. There’s no fans here.”

“Where are we going, JS oppa?” Hyuna asked in enthusiasm as soon as hopped onto the car, blinking her puppy eyes at me. She was wearing a bright pink windbreaker with a fluffy hoodie and a pair of skinnies. Total cuteness. I can’t even. I leaned towards her, giving her a little peck on her chubby cheeks. “You’ll soon find out.” I winked, at the same time fastening the seatbelt for her.

“Oppa!” She whined.

“Sit still, we are going. Catch a wink if you are tired. I’ll wake you up when we reach.”

“No I’m too excited than to be sleepy. Besides, I’ll keep you company while you drive. Quick quick let’s go let’s go.”

My baby girl is just so sweet, isn’t she? During the whole ride, she kept fidgeting in her seat, and blabbering how much she can’t wait to get to where I will bring her to.

“Ah.. Namsan Tower! It’s here right? Am I right?” She exclaimed, at the same time looking out of the window, pointing excitedly. I pulled the car over at the side of the road, and we both came out to take a closer view at the breath-taking scenery.

Lightings, snow, couples, love locks.

“Should we try this too, Hyuna?” I suggested, eyeing on the padlocks in front of us. She nodded her head profusely. We bought the padlocks from a pushcart nearby and started penning down the words we wanted to tell each other. After that, we chained the locks up together with rest of the other love locks and threw our key down the bridge.

We were startled by the fireworks which lighted the black sky suddenly. It was twelve. “Merry Christmas, baby.” I said, handing her a tiny box with a red ribbon from my pocket. “See if you like it.”

She opened the cover carefully, and took out the bling studded letter H antidust earcaps. It’s both of our initials. Our first couple item. We then helped each other put on our phones.

“Oppa, I have a gift for you as well. But you’ll need to close your eyes first.”

I acted accordingly. And at the very next moment, I felt a soft lip planted on mine. I returned the kiss romantically and embraced her tightly in me. The fireworks were still igniting in the sky and our love locks locked on rails of the bridge in front of us. It was a cold winter, but my heart felt exceptionally warm.

This is the first time she initiated a kiss. A priceless Christmas present indeed.

 

This year. Same season. Different feeling.

I still remembered vividly what was written on our love locks.
“I wished we could spend the rest of our Christmas together.”
“Thanks for everything you’ve done for me, oppa.”

I finally understood.

She only has gratitude towards me, and sadly, that’s not what I wanted.

There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept.
There are things that we don’t want to know but have to learn.
And there are people whom we can’t live without but have to let go.

Drowning in my sorrows of thoughts, I lit up a cigarette.