Seventeen

But I love you ♡ (하지만, 사랑한다)


18th  Dec 2012, Tuesday, Windy

 

Hyuna's POV

Nine days had passed. I told no one about our break up. I didn’t want them to worry. These nine days had been filled work and just work. I have no time to think about anything else. I would plunged onto my bed once I reached dorm. I am so tired. Both physically and mentally.

This day, as usual, we were taking a break in our practice studio after recording one of our new songs. I was just lying on the floor while the rest of the members were still bickering around. How I envy their never ending energy. My body has never been in its pink of health after our debut, and recently, I can feel that it’s deteriorating even worse. 

“Girls, Hong Ssangjjangnim had an announcement to make. Come to his office now.” Manager Jintaek came knocking into our practice studio. 

“What is it? What is it?” Sohyun bugged curiously.

“You’ll find out soon.” Manager Jintaek deliberately left us in suspense.

“Maybe Hong Papa wants to reward us for our hard work lately!” Jiyoon Unnie chirped.
 

We soon reached his office, and Gina Unnie, Beast, Btob, APink were already sitting down in different groups. Yes, Hyunseung was there too. It’s either he purposely shunned me or fate didn’t want us to meet each other. This was the first time I saw him after that night, even though we were both in the same small company. He was looking down playing with his shoelaces. Perhaps he felt more comfortable by avoiding my eye contact. We found an empty spot and quickly settled down.

“Good, everybody’s here. I’ve something to say.” Hong Papa started his speech. “It’s nearing the end of the year, and a brand new year is coming. Looking back at 2012, all of you had put in a lot of effort and produced excellent results, be it in your own group albums, sub-unit albums, solo albums, musicals or dramas. I really appreciate all the time and effort you guys contributed which help my company survive till now. Good Job everybody! I have bought a yacht and would like to invite every one of you on board tomorrow! Also, it’s our Yong Junhyung-ssi’s 24th birthday tomorrow. So it’s party time. Let’s all take a break, have fun and get ourselves recharged before the new year!”

Chattering filled the entire room. All of us were excited after hearing that. “Okay okay. Let’s call it a day. You guys shall return back to your dorm and get yourselves prepared for a fun filled day tomorrow!” Hong Papa couldn’t stand our noises and decided to chase us away.

 

19th  Dec 2012, Wednesday, Sunny

"Wow! What a humongous yacht!!!!” Jihyun Unnie exclaimed. Yes, it was really a magnificent one, with three decks and 50 feet tall. We all dashed on board eagerly. 

Beeeeeeeeeeppppp. A deafening loud siren went off, and our yacht sets off into the endless blue sea. Hong Papa prepared lots of food and wine and also the inner deck was decorated with balloons and streamers. A perfect ambience for party indeed. 


“Woahs! The wind is so refreshing!" Gayoon Unnie stretched out her arms and let the wind blow on her face. Upon seeing that, Jiyoon Unnie wrapped her arms around Gayoon Unnie's waist.

"Rose, you jump I jump!"

"Yah, Jeon Jiyoon!!!"

The rest of us laughed at their epic moments. My members never fail to make me laugh with their cute actions. My heart felt lighter whenever I am with them. I inhaled a deep breath. The smell of the ocean makes me calm and relaxed, and it seems like all my worries are thrown back into the winds.

"Let's go get some food." Sohyun suggested. We went into the deck and joined Gina Unnie and Btob hoobaes with the food and games.

In the midst of the fun, I decided to get some fresh air outside cos I have drank a little too much. Holding the wine glass in my hand, I walked out to the bow of the yacht.

 

"You always like a piece of quietness amongst the bustle."

It's him. I know.

"This still didn't change over the years."

The voice came closer.

“Happy Birthday, Oppa.” I said while turning towards his direction. He clinked his wine glass with mine and guzzled down the remaining alcohol in his glass.

 “Thanks.” He replied and poured the bottle of red wine he brought with him into his glass. “Want some?” He asked while pouring the leftovers into my glass and threw the empty bottle into the sea.

“You drank a lot, didn’t you?”

“It’s my birthday. And I am happy, that’s why.”

The yacht suddenly wavered. I lost my footing. He caught me. Our gaze met. Our body touched. He drew nearer. I closed my eyes. A warm lip landed on mine. I held my breath. He deepened the kiss. I didn’t repeal.

The time stopped.

The world just revolved around the both of us.


A shattering sound of glass startled the both of us and we broke ourselves apart. Looking towards the direction of the sound, we saw a familiar petite figure running away.


It’s Hara.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for all the comments and subscriptions.
Keep 'em coming, yo!
& I'll try to update as frequently as I can.

:)