Six

But I love you ♡ (하지만, 사랑한다)

14th  Nov 2012, Monday, Rainy

 

Hyunseung's POV

 
" Junhyung-ah... I miss you." 
 
That was what she muttered in her sleep. A tear streamed down from the corner of her eyes. 
 
I knew her feelings towards Junhyung all these years. I wasn't a fool. The both of them had been really close since Hyuna joined our company. She always looked up to him as a big brother, but I could sense that there is something more than that. They were always hanging out together during breaks, and most of the time, Junhyung would ask me along. Come to think of it, he must be trying to create chances for us, since he already knew my feelings for Hyuna back then. He's indeed my good buddy.
 
However, Hyuna only had eyes for Junhyung. She would share her happy encounters with him and even confided him with her problems. Junhyung would always provide her with good solutions and she would become a happy girl after that. Their interactions were so natural that sometimes I felt out of place. I started drifting myself apart from them slowly, coming out with excuses like I want to spend more time to practise during breaks.
 
If Junhyung and Hara didn't get together, I wouldn't even the courage to tell her my desires.
 
And if Junhyung and Hara didn't get together, i guess she wouldn't even have accepted me. 
 
Looking at her angelic face, I kissed the tears away. I held on to her hand tightly. I didn't want to let her go.
 
I couldn't bear to let her go. 
 
 
 
15th  Nov 2012, Tuesday, Sunny
 
Hyuna's POV
 
I was running across the ocean, with my bare feet against the waves. The salty seawater blurred my vision, but that doesn't seem to stop me. I continued running till I reached the other island. Standing there was a familiar figure that I longed for. He walked towards me and pulled me into his warm embrace, "You're finally here." Hugging him even tighter, I whispered next to his ears, "Junhyung-ah.. I miss you."
 
I woke up from my realistic dream. The surroundings seemed foreign. Then I remembered, I was in the hospital. I heard soft snorings. It was Hyunseung's. He was sitting on a chair next to me, with his head on my bed and fingers interlocking mine. Playing with his hair using my other hand, I sighed. My silly boy had been sleeping in such an awkward position for the whole night just to keep me company. He was always there for me when I needed someone's companion. I didn't have to say, he just seemed to know. 
 
I recalled that fateful day when I learnt about Junhyung and Hara's relationship, and my world came crashing down. The two friends that I cherished the most got together. As much as I wanted to give them my blessings, my tears couldn't stop flowing. We were preparing for our Troublemaker debut that time. I was crying in the practice studio that entire night, and Hyunseung was there, accompanying me till the next morning. He didn't ask me anything, just sitting quietly next to me till my tears dried up. 
 
"Yah! OUCH!" Hyunseung's cries interrupted my thoughts. 
 
"Omo, I'm so sorry JS!!" I apologized while trying to untangle my finger from his hair. I was too engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't realize I was twining his hair all this while. 
 
"So this is how much you want to stay with me huh. Trying to tie us up together so that we won't get separated? Nice move darling!" Hyunseung chuckled. 
 
"This is how much I want to get away from you!" I joked, finally freeing my finger away from his hair. 
 
He didn't respond and his smiles fade off. Seems like he took what I said for real. I was just kidding, really. I wanted to explain, but the doctor came in. He checked my temperature and ankle and said, "Okay. You may be discharged. Just  remember to take you medicine on time, and last warning. No more vigorous activity till you're fully recovered."
 
On the way back in the cab, Hyunseung didn't say a word. "Baby, are you angry with me? I was joking, you know it, don't you?" I explained.
 
"How will I be angry with you darling? I'm just tired." He replied, resting his head on my shoulders. 
 
Soon, we reached my dorm. He sent me up to my doorsteps and gave me a peck before leaving. 
 
 
*******
 
19th  Nov 2012, Saturday, Gloomy
 
 
Junhyung's POV
 
I hadn't seen Hara ever since the Melon Awards. It's been a while since she last contacted me. She must be busy with work, just like how I had been busy with my new composition.
 
I finally found a time to breathe. Taking out my phone, I dialled her number. "Baby, busy? I want to show you the new song I composed. When are you free?" 
 
"Yes, we need to talk." That's her cold reply.