Eleven

But I love you ♡ (하지만, 사랑한다)

21st  Nov 2012, Monday, Gloomy

Hyuna's POV
 
I didn't catch a wink the entire night.
 
Snaplets of the past accompanied me through the cold, lonely night. 
 
I remember when I was young, my busy parents would leave me in a childcare centre in our district every morning before leaving for work. I cried like there's no tomorrow the first time I was being sent there. Everything was new and foreign for a three year old me. 
 
Hara was my first friend. She came up to me with a Pikachu plushie in a hand, and a lollipop in another. "Don't be scared. You can have this candy, and we'll share this Pikachu." 
 
Ever since, I know I wasn't alone. 
 
I always followed her around. She was a cool unnie. Being a year older than me, Hara would always protect me from other kids who snatch my toy and stand up for me when other kids make fun of me. 
 
Drawing and coloring were the most difficult tasks back then. We often cracked our brain to choose which crayon to use, and drawing a straight line was like the hardest challenge on earth. That was the pure and innocent relationship we forged. 
 
"Forever friends, forget me not." We used to say. 
 
Time flies, and we soon grew up into two fine college students who held the same dream. The dream to shine on the stage, performing and receiving applauses from the audiences below.
 
We went for different auditions, hoping that our talents would get scouted. And we did. Unfortunately, we didn't managed to get into the same company. That, however, did not affect the strong friendship bond between us. In fact, we got even closer. We would find time off our busy trainings to catch up with each other. We could relate to the stress and fatigue we were facing, encouraging each other not to give up despite all the harsh conditions ahead. 
 
I got to know Junhyung after joining Cube, and surprisingly, we clicked well. Gradually, I started developing feelings towards him, but I tried suppressing my affection. He often confused me with his actions. I wasn't sure if he only treats me like his sister, a friend or something more.
 
The three of us then hanged out together a lot, during the days as trainees and even after debut. Shopping, gaming, chilling, clubbing and all sorts of activities that normal teenagers would do with their friends, we did them all. 
A year ago, I even suggested a short vacation to Jeju Island, to commemorate our ever lasting friendship. Little did I know, that short 3D2N getaway could actually changed our lives thereafter. 
 
During the trip, I could sense that the interaction between Hara and Junhyung became more frequent. My intuition tells me there were sparks between them. True enough, Hara came up to me few days later, and admitted that she had feelings for him. Somehow, I could detect the enthusiasm in her voice when she was fantasizing over him. This was the first time I see her like that. I know, she had really fallen for him. 
 
Living up to one maxim "Friends forever, Boys whatever", I hinted Hara's feeling to Junhyung. They soon got together. Ever since, Hara's smile was indeed different, brighter and more radiant, and the same goes to Junhyung. I knew, I have made the right decision. 
 
Throughout my toughest period of life, Hyunseung was with me all the while. Sometimes I wonder, was he another me? He seem to understand how I felt without asking, and would always be by my side when I didn't want to be alone. I realized the smiles I emitted when I was with him was indeed genuine, not like those that I faked out to entertain others. I also know when I was busy spreading joy and laughter to others, someone was doing it for me as well. 
 
 
"I love you but..." Junhyung's muffled sleeptalk interrupted my thoughts. 
 
He was still laying on my shoulders. I looked at the clock. It's already five in the morning. One more hour, and I would be like Cinderella, hitting back to reality when the clock struck 12. I know when Junhyung wakes up, I have to put everything back to where it should be. I would once again, be the girl who wears a facade.
 
Junhyung fidgeted a little, squinting his eyes, slowly opening them fully. "My head hurts." He whined, rubbing his temples. "What happened last night?"
 
"You can't remember? A single thing?" 
 
He shook his head, frowning his brows, trying very hard to recall but to no avail.
 
"I don't know either. You were drunk when you stumbled in, and soon fall asleep on the floor." I lied. I was relieved that he didn't have any recollections of last night. It saved me a lot of troubles to explain and cover up all the strange things he confessed. 
 
He looked straight into my eyes, not convinced.
 
"Yah, you better get going. Hurry get back to your dorm to wash up before your hangover gets any worse." I nagged, pushing him out of the studio before he suspects anything. 
 
Soon after he left, I packed my stuffs and prepared to head back to my dorm. I was physically and mentally exhausted after a long night. When I stepped out of the room, a bling studded letter H antidust earcap laying on the floor caught my attention. I took out my phone. Mine was still intact. If it wasn't mine, it could only be Hyunseung's. We each had one hanging on our phone.
 
He must have carelessly dropped it here. Eh but wait, does that means he was here last night?
 
 
__________________________________
 
Sorry to all my 2hyuns shippers. I really didnt mean to create such depressing scenes for Hyunseung in the previous two chapters. Sometimes, it's hard to control the inspirations that flowed into my mind when writing. 
Things will get better for Hyunseung, i hope? 
 
Anw, did you guys see the GDA Troublemaker's stage? Awesome, isn't it?