Four

But I love you ♡ (하지만, 사랑한다)

14th  Nov 2012, Monday, Rainy

 

Junhyung's POV

I returned to the backstage after Beast’s performance ended. And standing there waiting for me eagerly was none other than my sweetie.

“Good job oppa!” she chirped, handing me a towel and a bottle of cold water. All these small conscientious actions of hers actually meant a lot to me. She had been showering me with lots of care and concern unconditionally from the very first time I knew her.

“Gumawor!” I took the bottle from her, and gulped down almost half the bottle of water within seconds.

Kara’s stage was the last, so there was still some time before she had to leave. Though we just met up two days ago, it felt as though it was like two freaking months. We had so much to talk about.

“You know what? During our Japan schedule yesterday, Nicole sang the Korean lyrics of ‘Jumping’ instead of Japanese. There were so many reporters and fans around. She was so embarrassed after that.” Hara chuckled.

“Doojoon’s worse. There was once he was too immersed in the song that he didn’t even noticed that we left. He was standing on the stage all alone, with his eyes closing, in front of millions of fans during a concert.” I continued.

We laughed at our silly members. Though we always joked and make fun of each other, but they will always be the most significant people in our life. We will never do anything that will hurt them in one way or another, or at least, I know I wouldn’t.

“Hyuna, here are some ice cubes. It will ease the pain.” I heard Hyunseung saying anxiously, followed by some sniffing.

I peeped over the pillar where me and Hara were standing, and saw 4minute members and a few others crowding around Hyuna, bombarding her with questions. Through the gap between Jiyoon and Sohyun, I saw Hyunseung kneeling down in front of Hyuna attending to her swollen ankle. I immediately ran over to them.

“What happened? Why is your leg so swollen? Does it hurt? Why don’t you know how to take care of yourself?” I threw out a string of queries.

Hyuna had always been like that, being clumsy, leaving herself with scars and injuries during our trainee days. I had accompanied her numerous times to the doctor’s and I thought she had grown up and learnt to take care of herself. It seemed like I was wrong. She was still the same old Hyuna I knew.

“It’s a long story, Junhyunggie. I’ll fill you in later. Ohya, mind doing me a favor? Can you go drive manager hyung’s car and wait for us at the entrance? She needs to be at the hospital right now.” Hyungseung implored.

Not wanting to waste a second, I dashed for the carpark without saying another word.

I don’t know why I was acting this way.

 

 

Hyuna's POV

Hyunseung soon came back with a bag of ice cubes and gently dapping on my ankle. My members swarmed around me, all looking panicky.

“Why did you hide your injuries from us?”

“You still danced with such swollen ankles?”

 “Why didn’t we even notice? We are such pabos!”

“Are you okay?”

I did not know what to reply. I felt bad for making them so worried. I tried controlling back my tears. I was in pain, but I do not want them to know. Just at this moment, Junhyung squeezed through the crowd, and squatted next to me.

“What happened? Why is your leg so swollen? Does it hurt? Why don’t you know how to take care of yourself?” He asked, looking straight into my eyes.

“It’s a long story, Junhyunggie. I’ll fill you in later. Ohya, mind doing me a favor? Can you go drive manager hyung’s car and wait for us at the entrance? She needs to be at the hospital right now.” Hyungseung turned to Junhyung, still dapping the ice cubes softly on my ankle. He instantly ran towards the elevator leaving Hara behind looking astonished.

I could sense anxiety and affection in his gaze, and those words of concerns felt so familiar. An inexplicable warmth embraced my body. I couldn’t control anymore. Tears started welling up in my eyes.

I don’t know why he was acting this way.