Five

But I love you ♡ (하지만, 사랑한다)

 

14th  Nov 2012, Monday, Rainy

 

Hyunseung's POV

As expected, Hyuna’s ankle didn’t make it to the end of the Awards Ceremony. I was very angry with myself. I should have persisted. I shouldn’t have given in so easily to her request. Now she is feeling so awful, but I couldn’t do anything to make her feel better. I thought dabbing ice cubes on her feet would numb her ankle, making her feel less painful, but I was absolutely wrong. I saw the tears that she was unable to hold back, cascading silently down her right cheek. Those tears seemed to be reproaching me, blaming me for succumbing to her pleadings.

Wiping those tears off her cheeks, I murmured into her ears, “How can someone be so gorgeous even when crying? Only my darling Hyuna can portray such beauty.”

“Yah, Jang Hyunseung!” She rolled her eyes at first, and then her lips slowly curved upwards into a smile.

I knew she always ‘dislike’ my cheesiness. I was just trying to distract her attention away from the pain.

“Junhyung should be here by now, let’s go.” I stated, carrying her up from the chair, not giving her any chance to retaliate, with Hyuna’s manager following behind us.

When we reached the lobby, hordes of fans started thronging towards the entrance.

“What happened to Hyuna Unnie?”
“She’s injured?”
“Hyunseung Oppa!!!!”
“Yah! Don’t push me!”
“Unnie, Gwenchana?!!”
“Oppa!!!”

 “Oh no! What to do now?!” I panicked. Seeing the chaotic situation, the security guards on duty immediately stepped forward, pushed the fans out of the building, making way for us to exit.

“Don’t worry, Hyuna will be alright. Thanks for all your concerns.” Manager Jinteak politely assured the fans and we hurried to the car which Junhyung was waiting for us in.

 

 

Junhyung's POV

I was waiting in the car near the entrance of the building. I tapped impatiently on the steering wheel, wondering what took them so long. Seeing a group of fans waiting outside the building, I immediately whipped out my phone to inform Hyunseung to use another exit instead. Apparently I was too late. They charged in before I could even dial, but luckily, they were chased out by the securities soon after.

Hyunseung carefully placed Hyuna at the back passenger seat, and sat beside her while Manager Jinteak sat at the front passenger seat. On the way, I peeped through the rear window occasionally. Hyunseung was holding onto her hands throughout the whole journey. I could tell he really cherished their relationship a lot. He really cherished her a lot, and it didn’t change over the years. In fact, his love for her only gets stronger each day. Hyuna was in a daze, staring out of the window. Her lip was pale, and I know she was just enduring the pain herself. I stepped the accelerator fully, and sped towards the hospital.

We finally reached the hospital. Hyuna was resting in the hospital bed after getting an injection, while Manager Hong went to settle the administrative stuffs. The doctor said that her sprained swollen ankle had worsened, which in turn led to her running a fever. Though it was nothing serious, she still had to stay there for a night for observation. She soon fell asleep and Hyunseung and I sat on the bench outside her ward, each sipping a cup of hot coffee.  Hyunseung looked really shagged. His dark circles were almost reaching his cheekbones.

“Hyunseung-ah,” I started slowly. He put down his cup, looked at me expressionlessly. “Wae?” He responded.

“Hyunseung-ah,” I continued. “Still remember the first time Hyuna joined our company as a trainee? You liked her from then, didn’t you? You guys finally got together after so long.”

“Oh so you knew my feelings from then?” He asked shyly, playing with the ring on his right index finger idly.

“But of course, dude! You were my best buddy then. How could I not know what you were thinking! Besides, it was quite obvious actually. Even the blind could see that. You were always not in your normal self, stammering when talking to her. Though your stammer gets better after some time, you still treated her differently from the other trainees, treated her specially, to be exact.” I said, reminiscing the good old times during our trainee days.

He laughed. “I was your best buddy then? So you mean now I am not your best buddy anymore?”

“Yah!” I retorted. “You know that’s not what I meant. Okay okay, you are not my best buddy, but my beloved brother now. Happy?” He laughed again, hitting my chest lightly with his fist. I was relieved to see his smiles. He was feeling so vexed over Hyuna’s condition and I only saw his frowns for the whole evening. I was glad he finally felt better.

 “She’s my everything.” He mumbled randomly, looking down at his feet, but loud enough for me to hear. A slight beam spread across his face. Looking up at me, he continued, “Same goes to you too, my bro."

 

It’s been a while since we last sat down and had a heart to heart talk. It felt really warmhearted.

 

 

Hyunseung's POV

It was late. Manager Jinteak and Junhyung left. I begged Manager Jinteak to let me stay back to accompany Hyuna. I went in and sat beside the bed. She was frowning in her sleep, perhaps having a nightmare. I tucked both her hands under the blanket, and patted her lightly, “Sleep well Hyuna-ah. I’ll be here with you.” I whispered.

She muttered something. Though it was really soft, I could still clearly make out what she was trying to say.

“Junhyung-ah…” I was sure that’s what I heard.