Eighteen

But I love you ♡ (하지만, 사랑한다)

19th  Dec 2012, Wednesday, Sunny

 

Nobody's POV

Junhyung chased after her, with Hyuna following right behind them. They ran into an empty cabin, while Hyuna stopped by the entrance, watching them from outside.

 “Hara… I..” Junhyung tried to explain.

“Oppa, how could you?” Hara cut him off. “I was told by Hong Ssangjjanim that you guys have a party here. He asked if I were free to come down. I rushed down immediately after my schedule, and had to sit a small boat to catch the yacht. I have seasick, and this ride down is really nauseous. But I still came. To give you a surprise. I thought you’d be happy to see me. But I guess I was wrong. You gave me a larger ‘surprise’ instead.”

She said it unexpectedly calm.

“Girls’ intuition can never get wrong.” She continued. “Remember what I asked you the other time? It’s either me or her. I guessed I already have the answer now. In fact, I knew it back then. But I chose to feign ignorance, living in self-denial. I thought perhaps I might be wrong. Perhaps, you still love me. Hah.”

“Hara, it’s my fault. Don’t blame Hyuna. I drank a little too much, and I think the liquor had taken over my rational mind. You know I…”

“Excuses. These are just excuses. Oppa, don’t you know that drunken words are usually sober thoughts? Do you really want me to spell it out clearly for you? As much as I wanted to avoid the truth, it hit me real hard. You tell me not to blame Hyuna. You are so mean, oppa.  At this point of time, she is still the one you care for.” She let out a cold laugh. “You are the one I love, and she is my best friend. But both of you hurt me the most. How irony can this be.”

Hyuna witnessed everything from outside. Her heart hurts. She was equally in pain. Sliding down the wall with her back, she buried her face into her knees. Tears flowed down uncontrollably. She knew that the people she hurt were the people she cared the most. They all wind up kissing the wrong person goodnight, and became ty people who fell into crappy lives. The choices they made at the end of those nights hardly turned up right. She had hurt the childhood friend she grew up with. She had hurt the man who showered her with the most love and concern. She had hurt herself. And shedding the tears doesn’t seem to ease those pains.

Teary eyes and blank stares described the deeply hurt. Why do people care when they always get burnt? Hara sniffed and back her tears. She didn’t want to appear weak in front of him. She didn’t want to receive any sympathy or guilt from him. What she wanted is love.

“We should just end off here, in case more unsightly incidents were to come.” Hara composed herself before coming up with this decision. “Don’t come after me. I don’t want to see you anymore.”

Stepping out of the cabin, she stopped in front of Hyuna and threw a packet of tissue on the floor. Hyuna looked up. “Unnie..”

Hara didn’t turn back. Instead, she hastened her pace towards the exit, boarded the same small boat that she came on, and left the yacht.

“Unnie, I’m sorry. Really sorry, unnie..” Hyuna muttered, and once again, those tears blurred her vision.

“Hyuna-yah.. don’t cry.” Squatting down beside her, Junhyung wipe her tears away with his bare hands. “It’s entirely my fault. I’ll find a time to talk to her again. She’s not going to blame you. I know she cherishes this friendship.”

“Oppa.. You must explain to her, you must. Tell her that you weren’t in the right state of mind. Tell her that there’s nothing going on between us. Tell her that you love her.”

Looking straight into her eyes, he wanted to tell her how he felt at this moment, his real feelings. He wanted to tell her that the kiss was genuine. “Hyuna.. actually I li….”

“Oppa, let’s go back.” Hyuna didn’t let him finish his sentence. “The rest might get suspicious if we were missing for too long. I will go back first. You come later okay.”

She quickly left. She was afraid of what she would hear. She was afraid she don’t know how react to it. All she wanted is just a simple love. Why has everything got to be so complex? Why must her love inflict so much pain on others?

 

***

 

“Hyuna! Where did you go? It's cake cutting time. And have you seen Junhyung oppa? We've been looking for him." Jihyun asked when Hyuna stepped into the main deck.

“I was just outside admiring the night view. Oppa? I didn’t see him.” Hyuna replied, acting like nothing had happened. The nature of her job had moulded her to be what she is now. She had forgotten if she is currently on screen or off-screen.

Life is like a show. Who doesn’t fight and struggle between the truths and lies? Who doesn’t get affected by the vicissitudes of life? In this mundane world, everyone wears a mask. What more tragic is not the inability to pull off one’s mask, but forgetting that one is wearing it. How many people have lost themselves, yet do not have the courage to seek their original self.

Junhyung then walked in. “Our main lead is here!” Yoseob exclaimed.

The birthday song was sung. Poppers and confetti, joys and laughter filled the air.

True happiness. Not.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the scarce update.

& i'm really guilty for this slipshod chapter, don't really have any idea how to continue. T.T

I hope the next chapter'd be better.
Pardon me ):