Chapter 2

Cruel Fairytale [On Hiatus]

Yoona... Why must it be her?

"No, no, Qian, don't cry." Chansung said and pass me a tissue. I didn't know I've cried. I took the tissue and wipe my tears.

"Why... When...?" I asked, unable to control my sobs anymore. I let my tears pour out. No one answers me. "When?" I ask again, louder this time. I look at Krystal and Junho, they both just look away, not meeting my eyes. I turn to look at Chansung. "When?" I ask him again.

"A month."

A month... A month... My mind brings me back to a month ago, when we argued, and he came back, acting differently.

-Flashback-

"What do you mean 'just a friend'? I saw both of you, kissing! Have you been unfaithful to me? How long has it been?!”

 “No! You misunderstood!”

“I saw it with my own eyes! And if I didn’t pull you away, the both of you might have been ing on the corridor!”

I can’t take it anymore. My hand move on its own, making a painful sound across his cheek. I’ve slapped him, I can’t believe I’ve slapped him. But his words hurt me. Doesn’t he trust me? I started to cry. How can he think of me like that, like I’m some kind of a ?

“Is that how you think of me? That I’m like a , ing around with guys. We’ve been together for 2 years, and I thought you know me well. I guess I was wrong.” I say, calmly, and walk towards the bedroom. Before I took a step in, I turn around slightly and tell him what really happened.

“Just to let you know, I didn’t kiss him. He’s the one who kissed me. I tried pushing him away, but he’s just too strong.” I said, walked in, and closed the bedroom door. Then, I heard the door closed harshly. Khun must have left. I slumped down behind the bedroom door and continue crying, letting my tears fall freely.

I feel something warm around me. I open my eyes, and was surprised to see Khun in front of me, hugging me, cuddling me. I was more surprised that I'm on the bed, as I remember I was waiting for him to come back at the living room. He must have just come back, since he's still in his earlier attire.

"Qian." He called when he saw me woke up, and hugged me tighter. "Qian... I'm sorry." He whispers, then I feel something wet against my hair. I look up, and was shocked to see him crying. This is the first time I've seen him cried, the first time ever since I met him. Is it because of me, because of what happened between me and Kyuhyun, because of our argument, that have made him shed his tears?

"No. It's okay. I don't blame you." I said, and hugged him back. I really don't blame him, even though his words hurt me. If it was the other way round, if it was me who found out that he's kissing another girl, I'll have the same reaction too. Angry, feeling cheated.

"I'm afraid... afraid that you'll leave me." He said, sobs getting louder. Oh no, I do not know how to stop him from crying.

"No, I won't, unless you're the one who leave me." I said, trying to give him assurance. I guess the argument earlier really made him think that I'll leave him, but no, I'll not. I love him more than anything. He's the only one that can make me happy. He's practically my life.

We stayed like this for few minutes, and I can hear soft snores. He fell asleep. I look at the clock hanging on the wall beside the bed. It's already 8AM. We need to get up, as our lessons starts at 9:30AM. I slowly get out of his arms, not wanting to wake him up. He just fell asleep, and I should let him sleep more. I'm almost out of his arms, but he pulled me back again. Did I wake him up?

"Don't go. Stay here."

"It's 8, and we have lessons at 9:15. You sleep for a while more. I'll go prepare our breakfast." I said, and tried to get off the bed, but he pulled me back again.

"Let's not go to school today."

"But-" he cuts me by crashing his lips on mine.

"Please. Just for today." He says, after his lips left mine. I look up, and he's looking at me, giving me the look that I can't reject. I nod. He takes my hands and put around his waist, wanting me to hug back. I hug him tight, and buried my face in his chest. We fell asleep in each other's embrace.

When we woke up, it's already 1PM. That afternoon, he brought me to Namsan Tower, a place which I love the most, because it is the place where he confess to me. We went there to have our lunch, enjoy the scenery, writing love lock and love tile. We have written a love lock here before, but Khun says he wanted to make another one. We locked it with the old one. As for love tile, we haven't got the chance to write it, so this is the first time. We got 3 tiles altogether. Khun wanted us to write 1 together and the other 2 individually. He said to write something that we wanted to tell each other, and then pass it to the staff for them to put randomly. When we come the next time, we'll find the message that we wrote for each other.

The sky turned dark when we left Namsan Tower. I look at the time on his watch around his wrist. I was shocked to see it’s already 7:15PM.

“Khun! I need to go work now. Don’t need to send me, I’ll go myself.” I said. He holds my hand tightly when I wanted to let go. “You are not working today. I have called the manager and told him that you’re taking leave today.” What? He took leave for me? Why? I asked him what’s on my mind.

“I just want to spend time with you. We don’t always have time for dates. You’re working every night, after school, and during weekends, I have my basketball trainings. I just want to spend a whole day with you. Doing what you want, doing what I want, and having you for myself.”

-End of Flashback-

That day… It must have been that day. He’s acting all weird that day. He kept buying my favourite things for me, doing the things I wanted to do, going to places where I wanted to go. He cried that day, for the first time. He apologised, which I thought he apologised because of his harsh words. Now I know why he cried, apologised, and thought that I might leave him. It’s because he’s guilty, guilty of what he has done.

“I’m sorry, but can you guys leave? I need some time alone.” I said, then ran straight to my room, not caring whether they did leave, or not.

My sobs getting louder and louder, letting myself cry all I want, hoping that it will help me ease the painful feeling against my chest, my heart.

***

I jolt awake when the alarm clock rings. I'm still sitting down behind the door. Switching off the alarm beside the bed, I look at the time, 8AM. I look to the calendar I drew out pasted on the wall. Today's the last day of school, and in 2 more days, graduation ceremony.

I was suddenly reminded of him. He said he's preparing something for me that day, telling me that it will make me happy. I guess it was impossible now. He left, for my best friend, for himself. My eyes are getting watery. I grab a tissue and quickly wipe it away. I can't cry, not after what he's done.

I walk to the bathroom to get ready for school. I have 2 lessons today, 1 in the morning, the other in the afternoon. The afternoon lesson is with them, the two of them. I decided to skip that class. I'm not ready to face them.

I was surprised to see Chansung sleeping on the couch in the living room. I told them to leave, but Chansung must have stayed here. I walk towards the couch and gently nudge him awake.

"Qian." He says, sleepily. He sits up straight on the couch and look at me. His eyes suddenly widen. "Now’s 8:45 already?!" He said, then ran towards the bathroom. After about a minute, he came out, ran towards me, and grabs my backpack from me. What is he doing?

"Come, I'll bring you to school." What? He grabs my wrist and led me to the door. I slowly pull my hands back to me. I feel weird when he's holding my wrist. "I'm sorry." He apologises, and I shook my head, telling him not to feel sorry about it.

"I can go to school myself. You don't need to send me. I know you don't have lessons today." I said, knowing that his last lesson was on last Friday.

"I'm going to meet the basketball team juniors, so I still need to go to school. Come on, let's go." He said, opening the door for me. I know he's caring for me, but Khun is his best buddy. It will only make the possibility of seeing them higher. I look up at him, wanting to reject his offer to bring me to school. "I'll get angry if you don't allow me to bring you to school."

***

"Thank you. I'll go to class now." I thanked Chansung and left for my class.

He succeeded in 'threatening' me. He knows my weakness too. That is why I thanked him, for sending me to school.

While I was on my way to class, I prayed in my mind that I hope I don't see them today, but my prayers weren't heard. I saw Yoona, chatting happily with Yuri and Sunny. She's happy, really happy. I can see it. I need to walk pass them to get to my class. I walk quickly, hoping they won't see me.

"Qian!" ! I cursed inside my mind. Yoona's familiar voice called me. I decided to pretend that I did not hear it, and continue my steps.

"Qian!" This time, Sunny and Yuri called out with her. I wanted to continue my steps, but Yoona came up to me, standing in front of me. I have no choice but to stop. We stood there, facing each other, not speaking for seconds. Then, she gave me a big, happy grin, and asked me something that I really don't want to accept.

"Qian. I am getting married this Saturday. Hold on." She rummaged through her handbag, and took out an envelope. "Here. The invitation."

I just stood there, staring at the invitation in her hand. I don't want to take it. She roughly shoves it in my hand.

"Hope to see you there." She says, and leaves. I think I saw her smirking, I don't know. My tears are already pooling in my eyes.

-Flashback-

"Break...Break up? W...Why? Did I do something wrong?"

"Not you. It's me." He takes a deep breath, and continue telling me the reason for... breaking up with me.

"I have a child. I've gotten someone pregnant. I'm marrying her after graduation. I'm sorry."

-End of Flashback-

Why... Why must it be my best friend that is carrying his child?

***

A/N: 

Here's chapter 2! I have not read it through actually, so there might be a lot of mistakes. Please tolerate with me, thanks.

I'm here to apologise actually.

This story is not going to be Taecstal. Sorry if I caused any misunderstanding previously.

It was actually Taecstal, but I've changed the some parts of the story, as I've said previously, and one of them was the pairing. 

It will not be Taecstal anymore, I'm sorry.

A little spoiler here...

Yoona was not 100% bad/evil in this story. You have to read on to find out.

I'm getting busy lately, and I'm also lazy to switch on my laptop when I reached home, so I'll most probably update on weekends from next week on.

Please wait for updates! 

Appreciate if you leave any encouraging comments :)

HottestPudding signing off xxx