Chapter 12

Cruel Fairytale [On Hiatus]

Everyone knows that I have met Qian, and I’m trying to get her back. All of them are very supportive, and I appreciated that. I’m happy to have these friends in my life.

The next day, I asked Taecyeon and Yoona about me bringing Erin to the park later to play with Kayden, and they approve it. They say they will help and support me in anything, and maybe Erin could pull me closer to Qian and Kayden.

I went to the Child Care Centre at 4:30PM to fetch Erin, and also to meet Qian and Kayden. I see Kayden and Erin sitting down, waiting. I called out to them.

“Khun Ajusshi!” Both of them saw me and called out to me. I smiled as both of them came towards me as they hold hands.

“Where’s your Omma?” I asked when I saw Qian is not here. She’s always early and fetches Kayden on time.

“Omma says Kayden can play with Khun Ajusshi and Erin today. Omma will fetch Kayden at 6PM.” He said, and I can feel some disappointment. I won’t be able to see her and spend time with her today, but at least I get to spend time with the kids.

I bring them to the park and let them play in the playground. They are having fun, and Kayden always look after Erin when they are playing swing and slide. His behaviour is like Qian’s, always look after others first than herself.

“Ajusshi, we’re hungry.” Both of them said when they are in front of me. They put both of their hands in front of their stomach, and one of them made a grumbling noise. I look at the time. It’s 6:30PM, and Qian hasn’t come yet. I wanted to call her, but the children are really hungry. I decided to bring them for dinner first, and then call Qian on the way.

When I call Qian, she didn’t pick up. I tried calling again, and it’s still the same. I was worried that something might have happened to her, so when I was trying to call her again for the third time, my phone rings. She had called back.

“Hello?”

“Hey. Um, could you stay with Kayden a while more? I’m kind of busy right now.” She said, her voice soft. She’s whispering.

“Alright. The kids are hungry. I’ll bring them back to my home for dinner.”

“Victoria!” I heard someone calling out to her over the phone.

“Okay, text me the address later.  Bye.” She hastily hangs up, leaving me wondering what she is doing right now.

***

I brought them back to the hostel. At first, I was afraid that Kayden might not get along with those beasts in the hostel, but I was wrong. Kayden have fun playing with them, and I'm glad he's having a fun time here, while waiting for Qian to pick him up.

"He looks a lot like you." Taec says as he took a seat beside me on the couch. I didn't say anything, because I don't know what to say. Is it a good thing that he looks like me? If I didn't manage to patch things with Qian, and Kayden grows up looking like me, will she hate him too?

"Any progress?"

"I'm not sure. It's still the same between us. I haven't found the right time to talk to her yet." I answered. I have always wanted to find the right time to talk to her, to tell her what really happen 5 years ago, but I'm not sure how to tell her, and how she'll react. I'm not even sure whether telling her is the right thing.

Taec gave me an encouraging pat on my shoulder, and we watched the kids and the others play from where we are.

***

"Where is he?" This is the first thing I heard when I opened the door. It's 11PM, and she just reached.

"He's asleep. I'll carry him out." I say, and went back to my room and carry him. I carried him out, and she stretched out her hands, waiting for me to pass Kayden to her. I shook my head, and speak softly, "I'll bring him to the car." I said when I realised that Changmin's car is right here, in front of our hostel.

She didn't disagree or argue with me, but just opened the back passenger door for me, and I slowly put Kayden in, not wanting to wake him up.

"Thanks." She said as I close the back passenger door. She was about to walk to the front passenger seat when I started speaking, stopping her.

"Can we talk?" I asked, knowing the possibility is not high, but at least I did try.

***

We are now sitting on the front porch of the hostel. She agreed on having a talk. She's disagreed at first, saying that she have to get back as Changmin's waiting. That time, Changmin lowers down the window and said that he can wait. He heard us although we were speaking quite softly. She hesitated, but agreed after that. I thanked Changmin mentally for giving us some time.

"I wanted to talk about us, about the things that happened 5 years ago." I said, and she remains silent. I look at her, and I see no sign of her stopping me from continuing. I continued, "The truth is, the child is not even mine."

"I know." She said, and I was surprised by her reply. She knows? But... How?

"I met Yoona before at the Child Care Centre. She told me about it." She said, which answers my question. I just nod when she is still talking to me using her coldness. She's using this tone, and I know whatever I try to do, I have no chance in getting her back.

But there's no harm in trying.

Although it's just been more than a week when I saw her, more than a week that I have spent time with her and Kayden, I still want to try. I gather my courage, and say the thing that I hoped to happen.

"Qian, I hope that we could be together, with Kayden. Not just merely meeting for me to see him because I'm his father that he will never know. I want us to be a family."

I looked at her, and her face doesn't show any expression, still cold as ever. I waited and waited for the silence to pass, waiting for her answer.

"Though the things that happened 5 years ago are all lies, but I can't bring myself to trust you."

That's all she said, before she walked back to the car.

I stayed on the same spot, frozen.

I’m not sure what I can do now.

***

A/N:

Short Update.

Might update again in a while. Updating tomorrow.

HottestPudding signing off xoxo