Chapter 8

Cruel Fairytale [On Hiatus]

5 years later

"Did you guys bring your passport?" Jun.K asks. All of us are getting annoyed by his question.

"Yes hyung. You've been asking about it for the umpteenth time already." Wooyoung said, which made all of us laugh.

All of us are heading to the airport for our flight. We're going to Japan for our basketball match which will take place in 3 months. We'll be there early for our trainings. By 'All of us', I meant Jun.K, Taec, Wooyoung, Junho, Chansung, Yoona and Erin. The rest of the team players are in another car. Yoona and Erin are going since they are Taec's family, and coach allows them to go with us.

"Can't wait to go Japan!" Junho said, but we actually know that that's not what he meant.

"I think you meant you can't wait to see my sister." I corrected him, which made everyone burst into laughter.

Krystal is already in Japan 2 days ago for her modelling photo-shoot. Then she'll have a fashion show this weekend. After that, she'll have her 6 months break which she had long awaited for. During her break, she plans to cheer for us for our match.

We reached the airport and meet up with the rest of the team players and coach. We checked in our luggage and went to the departure gate.

And in about 2 hours, we'll reach Japan.

***

We reach outside the place where we're going to stay for 3 months. We put down our luggage as Coach gathers us to have a quick meeting.

"We'll be staying in these 2 hostels." He pointed to the 2 building in front of us, which apparently is our 'hostel'. These 2 buildings look more like 2 big private houses rather than hostels. "And we'll be splitting up like earlier. The one in the black mini bus will stay in hostel 21, while the other will stay in hostel 22. Here are the keys." He passed all of us a key to our hostel. "There won't be any meetings or trainings for these 3 days, so all of you can tour around the city. We'll have our very first training on Friday." He said, and all of us nod. "Alright, that's all!" He ends the meeting, and all of us went to our hostel.

"Is this even a hostel?" Chansung ask as all of us walked in. That question he asked was exactly what I have thought just now.

When we were inside the hostel, it really looks just like a big private house. There’s a big lounging area when we walked in, the kitchen and dining area on the right. There are doors with numbers and tags around the lounging area. Two of the rooms show 'Bathroom' tags, and one of them shows 'TV room' tag. The other 4 rooms are just numbers, which we assume are the bedrooms. We open them up one by one.

"Wow, this room is big, and have 1 queen sized bed and single bed." Wooyoung said as he opens room 221.

"Then this will be our room." Taec said as he took his family's luggages and just walked in, pushing Wooyoung out of the room. Yoona carries the sleeping Erin and follows after him.

"This room is the same!" Chansung shouted as he checks room 222.

"223 and 224 are just single beds." Junho said as he checked the two rooms.

 "Then I guess 3 of us have to share one room." Chansung said to the rest of us.

"No way! I want a room of my own." "Me too!" Junho and Jun.K said. While they are making the decision, I walked to room 224. "Take all of your time making the decision. I'll be unpacking now." I said, loud enough to let them hear me, then I quickly lock the door before they could protest.

I put down my luggage and started unpacking, putting my clothes in the wardrobe and some other stuff on the desk. I switch on my laptop and type in my password. The screen pops out the picture of me and Qian, and it brings back the memories when I'm still searching for her.

After Taec tells me everything, I tried finding Qian in every way, even hiring a private investigator to find her, but it was to no avail. It was like she has just vanished in thin air. I was devastated, all I did that year was just staying at home, waiting for any news from the PI, and not interact with the outside world. It was when a day Mom cried in front of me, which wakes me up. I went to work with my father, but eventually join the basketball team where our Coach during university strongly encourages us to join, where we became national players. From that day, playing basketball is my job.

But in these 5 years, I never gave up. I'm still searching for her. The PI is still helping me, but there's still no news yet.

I look at the laptop screen, and my hand unknowingly touches her face on the screen.

"Qian... I miss you."

***

After all of us settled down, we decided to do our own things, since Taec and Yoona have to find a Child Care Centre for Erin, while Junho went to see Krystal. The rest of us, well, Chansung was sleeping, and Wooyoung kept skyping with his girlfriend, Suzy. Since there's only me and Jun.K left, we decided to do our own things. And I decided to tour around the city.

I walked around the streets which I saw earlier when we took the mini bus to our hostel from the airport. There’s a big supermarket there. I called Yoona, telling her that I will be buying groceries, since she’s the one who always prepare our meals for us. She sends me a text message on the groceries to buy.

After getting all the ingredients, I went to the cashier to pay. After paying, I took the bags of groceries and went to the Taxi stand to queue for a cab.

“Appa, where is Omma?” I heard a kid speaking in Korean. I look towards the kid and his father. It’s just an automatic reaction. Maybe because here’s Japan, and there isn’t many Korean here. I look away and look for cab.

“There’s your Omma.”

“Omma!”

I look towards them again. There’s a lady walking towards them which I can only see her back view. The kid ran towards the lady which I assume is his Mom. The lady then carries the kid up.

“Kayden ah, you know you’re not that light anymore. Come, Appa carry you.” The father said while reaching his hands out towards the kid.

“No, I want Omma!” The kid said as he hugged his Mom tighter.

Then there’s a cab drive in. I was about to put the groceries in the cab, but was stopped when I heard a familiar voice. Her voice.

“It’s okay, I’ll carry him.”

I turned towards them, and saw them walking in the supermarket. I ran towards them, but was blocked by some other people as the supermarket was crowded. “Qian!” I shouted, not sure whether they are able to hear it or not, but they turn left. When I managed to get in, they were nowhere to be seen. I went to the direction they went, but still no sign of them. Dejectedly, I walked back to the cab.

***

“Khun, let’s talk.” Taec said as Yoona and he came to the balcony. They sat in front of me.

“What do you want to talk about?” I ask. They look at each other before facing back to me.

“You’ve been so quiet when you came back. You didn’t even hear us calling you for dinner. Is there something wrong, Khun?” Taec asks. I’m thinking whether I should tell them or not. I look at them, but they just gave me a look that says that they are waiting for my answer. I sighed, and just told them what I encounter earlier.

“I heard Qian’s voice when I’m at the Supermarket.”

“Qian? You sure?” Yoona asks, and I nod.

“I thought it was her, so I followed them, but I didn’t get to see her face. Maybe it’s just my imagination.”

“Them?” The both of them ask, and I just nod. “A family. A kid, a guy, and a lady, whom I thought is Qian.”

“What is the lady wearing? What is the kid wearing?”

“A white lace summer dress and-” I stopped, thinking that it’s weird that they ask something like that. “Wait, why are you asking this?”

After I ask that, there’s silence. The both of them whisper something to each other, it’s like they are hiding something from me. As they look back at me, I look at them, waiting for their answer.

“Well, oppa, maybe that’s not your imagination.”

“What do you mean?” I ask as I frown, not getting her.

“Because we saw Qian earlier at the Childcare Centre. And she’s wearing white lace summer dress, too.” She said, and I just kept silent, not knowing what I should say, how I should react. Maybe, I have found Qian.

“Did she know I’m here? Did she know I’m finding her?” I ask impatiently, but they just shook their head.

“We didn’t even talk to her, and I don’t think she saw us, because she’s going into a car when we saw her.” Taec answers, and Yoona just nods. He continues before I could ask them anything else.

“We asked the teacher there about her and the child, and the teacher said that the mother brings and fetches the child to and from the childcare centre. And he’s 4 years old this year. Khun, it’s really Qian, and he’s your child. You have found them.”

***

A/N:

Quick summary of Yoona and Taecyeon in these 5 years:
Nichkhun went to confront Yoona after Taecyeon told him everything, and he said something that wakes Yoona up. (That ‘something’, I’ll leave to all of your imaginations) Yoona realises that the only person that loves her is Taecyeon, the father of her baby. She tried dating Taecyeon during her pregnancy, and saw how Taecyeon treat her with love and care. She falls for him. They got married 4 months later after the baby was born.

First update of year 2014!

I might not be able to update a lot in this month, but I'll try to use some of my time to update.

Thanks for reading, subscribing, commenting and upvoting! I appreciate a lot :D

Encouraging comments are appreciated! :)
HottestPudding signing off xxx