Interlude 2

Cruel Fairytale [On Hiatus]

Two months after Namsan Tower Confession

It’s been two months since their confession during their Namsan Tower date. They have always been sweet to each other and none of them can break them apart. They always stick together, which cause their friends to tease them for being a ‘Sticky Couple’. Nichkhun never have thought that they are stickier than Junho and Krystal.

Not only did they gain this nickname, they’ve gotten ‘Fairytale Couple’ name too. Due to Nichkhun’s good looks and background, where his family have their own business in South Korea and Thailand, his love for his sister, he’s rich and handsome like a prince. Another is because Song Qian is beautiful, though her family isn’t that rich and influential like Nichkhun’s. Prince always gets his beauty, and in this case, He did not only gets his beauty, but also gotten the beauty with great personality.

Most people in school are envious of them. The ladies are envious of Song Qian in getting their prince charming, Nichkhun. The men are envious of Nichkhun in getting their goddess, Song Qian.

“Yah! Get a room!” Wooyoung says as he saw the couple cuddling on the couch in Junho’s house. The gang always chill out in Junho’s house, since his house is big and his parents are rarely at home. They can do whatever they want in his house.

“You’re just jealous. Where’s your girlfriend?” Nichkhun asks as he pulls Song Qian closer when he felt her getting away. She tried to get away because of Wooyoung’s comment earlier.

“You know I don’t do girlfriend thing.”

“Then stop making jealous comments, playboy.”

“Just leave them alone. Get your eyes on the TV. The match is about to start.” Chansung says to stop their bickering.

All of them – excluding Yoona – are sitting on the couch in front of the big TV screen, waiting for the basketball match to begin. Their interest is basketball, and they always stay at Junho’s house to watch the match together, like what most of the guys in the world did whenever there’s soccer match.

In the middle of the match, Song Qian’s phone rang. It was a call from her parents. Her parents called because it was late, and whenever Song Qian stays late outside, they would give a call to them early, informing them that she will be home late. She forgot to inform them earlier, which cause them to call her as they are worried.

“Sorry, Mother. I’ll be home right this moment.” She says softly, not wanting to disrupt the guys as they are watching the match. And because she has worry them for not calling them earlier, she decide to go back home now.

“You have to go back now?” Nichkhun asks after she ends the call. She didn’t know that Nichkhun has been hearing her conversation with her parents from the moment she answers the phone call. Though the conversation is in Chinese, Nichkhun understands their conversation a little. He has learnt some Chinese from her mother and grandmother before, since they were born in China and know how to speak Chinese.

She nods. “I’ve forgot to inform them I’ll be home late, and I’ve worried them. Sorry, I can’t stay with you and the others for the match. I don’t want to upset my parents.”

“It’s okay. I understand. I’ll send you home.” Nichkhun says. He was about to stand up but Song Qian tugs on his arm to stop him from standing up.

“You don’t have to. Just continue to watch your match.” Song Qian says. She knows his passion for basketball, and he has been waiting to watch this match.  Nichkhun and the guys have been talking about the match two days ago.

“I can’t let you go home alone. It’s late.” Nichkhun says as he takes a look at his watch. Yup, it’s already 10:30PM. As a boyfriend, he can’t let his girlfriend go back home alone this late at night. Other than that, Junho’s house is quite far from where they stay too.

“But-” Song Qian wanted to protest, but Nichkhun cuts off her words. “You’re more important than the match. Come, let’s go.” He says as he stood up, holding her hands, pulling her up to stand too. Song Qian knows that she is unable to stop him from sending her home, because this boyfriend of hers always wants to take care of her well.

“You guys going somewhere?” Jun.K says as he notices the two of them standing up. Nichkhun wanted to inform them that they are going to leave first but Jun.K is earlier in asking them.

“I’m sending Qian back home.”

“Wow, he’s going to miss a match because of his girlfriend. Should we buy lottery?” Wooyoung says.

When Song Qian heard what he said, she lets go of his hand and face him. “Just stay, okay?”

“I’m going to get angry if you keep asking me to stay.” Nichkhun says, and grabs her hand. He turns to Wooyoung. “Do you want a beating?”

Wooyoung raise both his hands up, surrendering. “Okay, okay.”

They bid goodbye to everyone, and left Junho’s house.

***

“Okay, I’m home now. Good night.” Song Qian says as she looks at Nichkhun. They are now right in front of the door of Song Qian’s apartment.

“I’ll leave after you go in.” Nichkhun says, gesturing her to go in. Knowing that she is unable to win him, she takes out her keys from her bag and slots it in the key hole. The door opens before she could unlock it. It was her mother who opens the door.

“Mother, where are you going this late at night?”

“Auntie.” Both of them speak at the same time, greeting Song Qian’s mother. Nichkhun greets her in Chinese, since he knows Song Qian’s family is Chinese and have been communication in Chinese to each other.

“I heard the keys, and thought you must be back. Who is this young man here?” Song Qian’s mother asks. It was her first time seeing this boy and Song Qian had never mention to her about him. Though they have been dating for two months, they haven’t really met each other’s parents.

“Um…” Song Qian didn’t know how to tell her mother that he is actually her boyfriend. She garners her courage and breaks the news to her. “Mother, he’s my boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend? Why didn’t you mention that you have a boyfriend before?” Song Qian’s mother was quite surprise with what her daughter had just said, but she kind of knew it when she saw her daughter getting nervous when they greet her.

Nichkhun doesn’t understand what they are talking, but he knew the word ‘boyfriend’. He looks at how nervous Song Qian was in front of her mother, and he doesn’t know how to help her. Is her mother scolding her? He doesn’t know.

“And he’s a handsome chap.” She commented as she looks at Nichkhun. “What’s your name?” She asks in Chinese.

“I’m Nichkhun.” Nichkhun answers, as he understands what she said.

“Hi, Nichkhun.” Song Qian’s mother said. She makes way for them to come in. “Come on inside. You do not want to keep standing outside, don’t you?”

Song Qian was surprised that her mother didn’t question her much when she introduce Nichkhun as her boyfriend. Previously in China, when she was dating Changmin, her mother would question her a lot about them. She knows her mother always dotes on her, and didn’t really intrude on her love life, but she can’t help but worry that her mother might not approve of her relationship with Nichkhun. It is because she didn’t mention about him to her before, when previously she did tell her about Changmin when they were just friends. Not only that, this relationship was her second relationship, she was afraid that her mother will think that Nichkhun is not for her. But listening what her mother had just said, she knew she have thought too much. She relaxes when she knows her mother accepts him.

“It’s late, mother. I think he should go back home.”

“Oh right, silly me. Look at the time! It’s great to see that someone has sent you home, despite the hours.” Song Qian’s mother says to her daughter, making her daughter smile shyly and blushed. Looking at her daughter so shy, she knew that Nichkhun must have treated her well.

“Your parents must be worried. Come over next time, would you?” She says as she turns her attention to Nichkhun, but he doesn’t understand what she is asking. In fact, he doesn’t understand their conversation after he introduced himself.

Song Qian looks at her boyfriend clueless expression and chuckles softly when she knew that he doesn’t understand what her mother is saying. “My mother is asking you to come over next time.” She says, translating it to Korean.

Song Qian’s mother knows how to speak Korean, but since she’s always conversing with her family in Chinese, and not always goes outside other than grocery shopping, she didn’t really speak Korean much. She doesn’t even know that Nichkhun doesn’t know how to speak Chinese, because earlier this young man had greeted her in Chinese, and introduce himself in Chinese.

“Oh, I didn’t know you don’t speak Korean. Because you introduced yourself earlier in Chinese, I thought you knew how to speak Chinese.”

“It’s okay, auntie.” Nichkhun says, now speaking in Korean. “I’ll definitely come over next time.” He says, answering her earlier question. He bows in respect to her mother and bids goodbye. He waves to Song Qian, and she did the same.

When Song Qian and her mother were inside the apartment, her mother commented on Nichkhun. “He’s a nice young man.”

“He is, mother.” Song Qian says, agreeing with her mother. He always takes care of her, how can he be not nice?

Seeing how her daughter smiles so happily when talking about him, she knows that she must have loved him a lot. If her daughter is happy, then she will be happy too.

***

A/N:

Back to their past once again!

Just to clear any confusion, this and previous interlude chapters are their past for now.

I hope everyone are not confused.

Next chapter will be in Nichkhun's POV.

Will try to update as soon as I can.

Encouraging comments are appreciated :)
HottestPudding signing off xoxo