Interlude 1

Cruel Fairytale [On Hiatus]

A month after Song Qian Transferred

"Once again, congratulations!" Krystal said as she holds up a drink in her hands.

"Cheers!" All of them said as the same time as they clink their glasses of drinks together.

All of them are now in a club, celebrating the guys' basketball win. The team have won first place among the Universities in Seoul. Their plan was to celebrate it by having a fulfilling dinner, but it turns out that after dinner, they wanted to have more fun.

"Guys! I think I just saw the most beautiful girl on the dance floor. I'm going to try my luck now." Wooyoung said, putting down his drink and walked to the dance floor. All of them looked at him as he approached a lady dancing with his dance move.

"He and his playboy luck." Jun.K said when the girl that Wooyoung approached started having fun and dance together with him.

“What are we doing here anyway? Let’s go and have some fun!” Yoona said as she pulled Song Qian to the dance floor. Song Qian doesn’t show any reluctance when Yoona pulled her, because she herself love dancing a lot. When they reach the dance floor, they started dancing. The guys watched them having fun, and they followed them to the dance floor. As for Krystal and Junho, they stayed in their seats, getting into their own little world.

They dance freely. The guys attracted a lot of girls, and same goes to the girls, as they attracted a lot of guys to dance around them.

Seeing so many guys surrounding Song Qian, and her having so much fun with them, Nichkhun have the urge to pull her away, but he can’t. If he did, he will get a lot of attention from the club, especially his friends, and Song Qian.

He have liked Song Qian from the very first time he meet her, and his affection grows stronger as they spend time together, well, not alone of course. He knows that she have a lot of pursuers in school, because everywhere he walked in campus, he heard guys talking about her, how they wanted to confess to her, how she look so beautiful in their eyes. Every time Nichkhun heard them, he wanted to tell each and every one of them to back off, but he can’t. He’s not even her boyfriend, and he has no rights to do that. He does not have the courage to confess to her, because he’s afraid that if she rejects him, it will affect their friendship.

 Unable to have fun dancing anymore, he moves back to his seat. He spoilt the mood of the girls that are dancing with him, but it was only for a while as they proceed to dance with the other 3 guys. He gulped down his drink when he reached his seat.

“Whoa hyung! The girls didn’t satisfy you?” Junho said when he saw Nichkhun gulp down his drink in one shot. His sentence has earned him a slap on his arm by Krystal. Krystal whispered something to his ears, and he nodded in understanding.

“Song Qian really got a lot of the men’s attention here. Well, of course not to mention, that she always gotten men’s attention in school.” Junho said. He and Krystal then take a peek on Nichkhun’s face. His face is getting darker, which proves that their assumption was right.

They have already suspected that Nichkhun likes Song Qian. Actually, it was Krystal who suspects it first. Nichkhun would always ask where they go and what they have been doing when they have some girls’ time together, and it was not like him. Before they met Song Qian, Nichkhun would not bother to ask things like these when she spends some girls’ time with Yoona. Not only that, his mood dropped when Song Qian was unable to cheer for them during one of their basketball match. Based on these evidences, Krystal started to suspect that her brother likes Song Qian.

And that is what Krystal whispers to her boyfriend’s ears.

Nichkhun pours himself another glass of beer and gulps it down again in one shot. “I can see. You don’t have to say it out loud.” Nichkhun said, anger can be heard in his voice. Junho wanted to laugh seeing his best friend having this kind of reaction towards a girl, but he knows if he did, he will get on his bad side. To avoid bursting out his laughter, he pulled Krystal towards the dance floor.

Not long after he’s left alone, Song Qian went back and sits beside Nichkhun.

“Khun, why aren’t you enjoying? You should go out there and dance.” She said and took a sip of her drink.

“I don’t like the girls that are dancing around me.” He lied. Well, not exactly a lie, but he doesn’t like the guys that are surrounding her, and naturally, he doesn’t like the girls that are surrounding him either, unless it’s Song Qian.

“Oh.” She said, disappointment in it. She has gathered the courage to ask him to dance with her on the dance floor, but the sentence that Nichkhun had just said stops her from asking any further. If he doesn’t like the girls that are dancing around him, then he may not want to dance with her too.

“What about you? Why didn’t you continue dancing?” Nichkhun asked.

Before Song Qian could answer, the others came back. They make a lot of noise, which breaks the conversation between the two.

Song Qian was actually relieved that the others came back during this time, because she didn’t know how to answer Nichkhun’s question. She can’t possibly tell him that she saw him bored and alone here, that makes her want to accompany him. She likes Nichkhun too, but does not have the courage to tell him. She believes that a man has to act first and ask a girl, and not the other way round. Although it’s the 21st century now, and there are many cases of a girl confessing first, she was still shy.

“Let’s play a game!” Wooyoung suggested, and prepare the tools for the game.

***

The game had knocked out some of them, because Wooyoung suggested a punishment of drinking glasses of beer for the game. But luckily, there are still 5 of them that are sober enough.

“Come on, who’s next?” Jun.K said as he unsteadily holds up his glass. Seeing that the glass is going to drop any time from his hand, Wooyoung quickly pulls the glass away.

“Hey! Give me back!” Jun.K said as he reach out his hands and try to grab it from Wooyoung.

“You’re drunk.”

“I’m not.”

“Yes you are.”

“I’m still sober!”

“The argument would never stop if you continue to argue with him.” Junho said as he wanted to quickly put an end to their argument.

Seeing that 4 of them are drunk, they decided to put an end to the game before it gets worse. At least now there are 5 of them that are sober, they can send those that are drunk back to their home.

Yoona was brought back by Taecyeon, as both of them stay near to each other, just one street apart. Wooyoung brought Jun.K and Chansung back, since he has a car, and it’s more convenient for him to send the two guys back home.

“Can’t believe I have to send TWO GUYS back home. Wish it was girls.” He said, emphasizing on the words ‘guys’. The sober guys helped him to carry the two of them to his car.

That’s left with Junho, Krystal, Nichkhun and Song Qian.

“You guys go ahead. I’ll bring her home.” Nichkhun said as he slowly carry Song Qian on his back, piggybacking her.

“I’ll go with you.” Krystal said as she wanted to help Song Qian too, since she’s her best friend. And since they are still staying with their parents, they can go home together after sending Song Qian back home.

“No, just go back home Krys.” He said as he slowly walks out of the club.

“But…”

“Come on, I’ll bring you home.” Junho said as he knows there’s no point arguing with Nichkhun. He knows that Nichkhun wanted Krystal to get home early as she have lessons tomorrow early in the morning, and he don’t want Krystal to miss her lesson and attendance. Besides, they should let him help her since now they know his feelings. He grabs his girlfriend’s hand and walks out.

Nichkhun carries Song Qian and walks on the street back to their neighbourhood. He decided to walk back since the club they went is not that far from their neighbourhood. He had walked quite a while now, and was just a street away. He stopped his steps when he heard some words coming out from Song Qian’s mouth.

“Why… push… away…” Song Qian mumbled, and only these 3 words can be heard clearly by him.

“What?” He said. He thought she was awake, and talking to him, so he asked to hear her repeat clearly. But hearing there’s no reply from her after a few seconds, he knows that she is still asleep and continues his steps.

“Do you like someone else?” He stopped again when he heard her soft voice again. This time, the words are clearer, but he doesn’t understand who she wanted to direct the question to. ‘Is the question for some guy she likes?’ He can’t help but think that maybe Song Qian has someone she likes, and this question was directing to the guy. His heart slowly sank as he thinks that she have someone she likes. He continues his step, but stopped again when he heard his name.

“Khun…” She said, which makes him think that the question she asked earlier was directed to him.

“Are you awake?” He asked to check whether if she’s awake. Because when he started walking, she called out his name, which led him to think that she might have woken up.

Instead of answering his question, she said something that has shocked him, and at the same time, happy.

“Khun… I like you…”

***

Two days later

“Here’s so beautiful at night!” Song Qian said excitedly as she looked around the place. Nichkhun smiled, seeing her having a great time in this place.

They are now at Namsan Tower, strolling and watching the scenery together. Nichkhun have asked her out for a stroll at night, and since Song Qian wanted to go to Namsan Tower very much, as she always mentioned to her friends, he suggested Namsan Tower, which she agreed at once.

His real intention was to confess to her and asked her to be his girlfriend. Ever since he found out that they have mutual feelings, he researched and thinks of ideas on how he can confess his feelings the most romantic way ever. He thought that bringing her to the place that she wants to visit the most will make her happy.

“This is the first time that I have seen so many locks in one place!” She said as she see the railings that are covered with locks. She takes a look on some of the locks. “So these are love locks. So cute!”

“Do you want to write one?” Seeing her so excited on the love locks, he accidentally blurts out what was on his mind. He feels like slapping himself when he realised that he had said his thoughts out loud.

Song Qian froze when she heard what he said, but immediately regain herself and laugh awkwardly. “Hahaha… These are couple things. It’s not like I have a boyfriend.”

“What if I want to be your boyfriend?”

Song Qian froze for a second time. She heard the question clearly, coming out from his mouth. Nichkhun said that out loud, but this time, it’s not something that he blurts out of his mind. Since he had blurted out his thoughts earlier, and he knows that Song Qian has gotten the idea when she laughs awkwardly, he gives up on the idea to confess romantically.

He turns her around when he didn’t get an answer from her. This time, he confess his feelings properly.

“I like you, Qian. I like you since the first time I met you. I know this is not a romantic way to confess, but I hope you’ll accept my feelings. Will you be my girlfriend?”

Seconds slowly passed, and Song Qian was still shocked by Nichkhun’s confession. Nichkhun waited and waited, looking at her face, waiting for a reaction.

Slowly, Song Qian’s lips curved into a smile.

“I like you too.”

***

A/N:

A short extra in this story, about their past.

I hope I didn't leave any confusion with this update x.x

Encouraging comments are appreciated :)
HottestPudding signing off xxx