Chapter 13

Cruel Fairytale [On Hiatus]

Shim Changmin

"Hyung, how is she?" This is the first thing I've asked when I took a seat in front of him.

"She's suffering from depression, but it's not really serious. The baby is fine." He said, but I still feel worried about her.

"Would it get serious?"

"It can get serious, if she is receives pressure. Just shower her with care and concern. I'm sure she will feel better." He said, and now I can feel myself relax.

I was so worried when I found out that she's pregnant, and was aborting the baby earlier. It was the housekeeper who told me. I received a call from her and from her tone, she seems urgent. She said that Qian was crying silently while holding onto her stomach and a file. She took the file that Qian left on the floor after she went out, and realised that she's actually pregnant. When I knew that, I gave a call to her, but she didn't pick up. I ran out from the company building and drive to every hospital, hoping she's not that foolish to abort the baby.

And she really is.

I was quite relieved when I found her, and was more relieved when she hasn't harmed the baby. But if I was late for another minute, I don't think I might be able to stop the abortion.

I hit myself mentally when I saw her feeling so miserable. I must be a real stupid that I didn’t realise it before. She has been suffering, but I was fooled by her strong front. She was always so cheerful when she reached Japan, and when she called and asked for help, I thought she just wanted to have a change in environment to be living in Japan.

I was wrong.

I brought her back home, and she told me what have happened during her stay in Korea. Her parents passed away in an accident, her boyfriend betrayed and hurt her, she was pregnant and she doesn’t know what to do. She cried endlessly. All I could do was just stay by her side, comforting her.

I told her I would be the father of the baby, and that’s true. Though I’m not the real father, at least I can be the baby’s godfather.

“Thanks, hyung.”

“You’re welcome. Remember, she needs care and concern.” He said, and I nod before I left the room. I will always keep that in mind.

***

Few months past, and in these few months, she’s showing improvements. By improvements, I meant her feelings, her emotions. She’s getting cheerful, and this time, is not fake. She’s getting quite well with her pregnancy, and I can see she is anticipating of the birth of the baby. She’s been getting so excited when she went shopping for the baby, though there’s still months before the birth. But I’m glad. I’m glad that she’s feeling better and not thinking of harming the baby anymore.

“You must have loved her to show this care and concern. You changed her. She’s getting better.” Yoochun hyung said as he takes a sip of his drink. I can’t deny that I still love her, but I’m not sure if she loves me like before.

Her ex-boyfriend has so much impact on her, and I’m not sure if she has really forgotten him.

“But I’m not sure if she feels the same way.” I said, honestly. Yoochun hyung has been a good buddy since I moved back to Korea after my studies in China. It was such a coincidence that we were both offered a job opportunity in Japan, but different field. He’s a doctor now, while I was just a businessman.

He gave me a pat on my shoulder, “Don’t give up. She will see how great you are soon.”

***

After the birth of Kayden, that’s the name that Qian gave to the baby, I decided to pursue her again. Seeing her and Kayden, I really hope to take care of them, love them. I hope that we can be a real family.

“Qian.”

“Yes?” She said as she turned her gaze from the sea and looked at me. She’s so beautiful, even with her hair messy because of the sea breeze and her chubbiness because of the birth of Kayden.

“Qian, I want to take care of you and Kayden.”

“You are taking care of me.” She said, and I know what she meant. The things she said and what I meant was different.

“What I meant is, I want to take care of you, as a boyfriend, as your partner. Will you give me a chance?”

I look at her, waiting for her answer. She looks at me, and I can’t interpret her expression. Slowly, she nods at me, and I hug her out of happiness.

But that feeling didn’t last long.

It was during Yunho hyung’s welcome back party, and we celebrated out, in Night Club. Kayden was taken cared by the housekeeper, whereas Qian and I went to the party. Yoochun hyung, Jaejoong hyung and a couple of Yunho’s friends were there. We were adults, but we were so out of control, that most of us were drunk.

And one of them was Qian.

During the car ride home, she was mumbling something. She was calling out to someone, and started crying. I was surprised that she cried, so I stopped the car by the side and helped her wipe those tears away.

But the tears kept on flowing.

She keeps calling out ‘Khun’. Though I’m not sure what she was calling, but I’m certain that she is calling out to someone, someone that have hurt her a lot.

And that someone is her ex-boyfriend, Nichkhun.

I asked about it the next day, and she told me everything about them. Then I realised that she still loves him.

She didn’t say that she loves him, but I can see that she still does. She’s being with me because I treated them well, and she’s trying to repay me.

And I thought all these time that she really loved me.

“I’m sorry.” Those words she said had pierced through my heart, but what can I do? Her heart does not belong to me in the first place.

That day, I let her go.

And that day, I met a woman that had pieced my broken heart together.

***

 “Appa, where is omma?” Kayden asks when we were standing outside the hypermarket entrance, waiting for her.

“There’s your omma.” I said as I saw her walking out from the washroom.

“Omma!” Kayden shouted as he ran towards her. She carries him up. I walked towards them and try to carry him from her.

“Kayden ah, you know you’re not that light anymore. Come, Appa carry you.”

“No, I want Omma!” He said as he hugs onto her tighter. I look at him and gave him a fake angry look.

“It’s okay, I’ll carry him.” She said, and Kayden stick out a tongue to me. I pinched him cheeks lightly for his naughtiness. Then we head towards the hypermarket.

“Qian!” I heard someone called, but was not sure whether I heard it right or wrong. Nobody calls her that anymore, since she legally changed her name 4 years ago. I turned around and see whether is there any familiar faces.

“Did you hear someone call you?” I asked her, and she looks at me blankly before she turns to the back, seeing whether is there any familiar faces.

“Is there?” She asked. It seems like she have not heard it, or maybe it was some other people calling out to someone else. I turned around again to look at the people carefully.

“Maybe you heard it wrong. Let’s go! We only have 2 hours left before Yeonhee visit us.” What she said made me look at my watch automatically.

“You’re right! Come on! She likes Bean curd, we have to get that.” I said and we went to get some groceries for tonight’s dinner.

***

A/N:

Updated the actual chapter, and not an interlude.

There will be more interludes (like interruptions from the past), you can treat it as a drama commercial, or flashbacks.

You can skip reading those too if you're not interested in their past, since it's purely concentrated on their past for interludes.

Oh! I've introduced new characters in this story. From all the new characters, you might want to focus on Yeonhee.

Next chapter is still Changmin's part.

I'll update as soon as possible.

Encouraging comments are appreciated :)
HottestPudding signing off xxxxx