Chapter 11

Cruel Fairytale [On Hiatus]

At night, I make a call to her.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Qian.” I greeted when she picked up the call.

“How did you get my number?” She asked when she realised that it was me, and her tone changed to the stranger tone that she have when she talked to me earlier.

“Just now Kayden was trying to call you when you were buying dinner.” I answered, then there’s a few seconds of silence.

“It’s Victoria.” She said, and I know what she meant. She wants to be called by Victoria, and not Qian.

“Okay, Victoria.” I said, and there are another few moments of silence. I was going to open my mouth to speak when she started peaking first.

“Why did you call?”

“I know, today it’s the first time I have met Kayden, and I know that we have made an agreement that I can see him every weekdays when you fetch him from the Child Care Centre.”

“Can you just go straight to the point?” She said, and I stop myself from speaking for a moment when I heard her harsh tone. Then I continued, “Tomorrow’s Friday, but I have something on. Can I see him on Sunday instead?”

After I asked her the question, it was her turn to be silent. I waited for her answer, but it seems like she’s not going to answer any sooner. Maybe she won’t agree to this arrangement.

“If that is not a good time for you, then it’s fine. I’ll see him on Monday. Sorry to have bothered you, bye.”

I waited for her to say goodbye, but she didn’t. I decided to hang up when she said something that has made a smile on my face.

“Fine. I’ll let you see him on Sunday.” She said, and the call ended.

I put down my phone, and the smile never left my face. I know, I would be very happy every time I’m going to see them.

***

“Wow Nichkhun, your skills are getting better. Great job!” Coach complimented me after the training ends.

“Thanks, Coach.”

We went to clean and wash ourselves, and after that, I went back to the mini bus that have brought us here earlier and wait for the others to come.

My phone vibrated, and I took it out from by bag. It was a message from Qian. I can’t believe she have sent me a text. I unlock and phone hastily and read the message.

12PM. Tokyo Shopping Mall.

After I read it, I sent back a reply.

Okay, see you there!

I smile, and put my phone back in my bag. I know she won’t send back a reply, like “See you there too”. At least, I’m happy that she had sent me a text, telling me the destination for Sunday.

The others came back, and the bus brought us back to the hostel. We went in, and have gotten a surprise visit from someone.

“Welcome back, everyone!” Krystal greeted when all of us went in. I was surprised to see her here, since I know she was busy with her modelling career. But I’m not the most surprised here. The most surprised is Junho, with his mouth agape.

“Hey, Krystal.” I said, and went to give her a hug. Others greeted her too, except for the surprised one, of course.

“Hey, are you that surprised to see me?” Krystal said, and went forward to hug him. “I thought you were having your training today?” He asked when he has come back to reality. All of us leave them alone, and we went to do our own things. For me, I went to the kitchen to get myself a drink, and went back to my room to give a call to my mother.

***

We were having dinner, which were prepared by Yoona as always, and with the help of Krystal. Everyone is chatting away while eating, and then Krystal said something that I mentally hit my head.

“Here are the tickets for Sunday’s show.” She said, and she passed each and every of us a ticket for her show, her last show before her long break.

I have promised to go to her show when she told me few weeks ago. But it has gotten out of my mind. I was too eager to be closer to Qian and Kayden, that it slipped off my mind. I’m seeing them this Sunday, but it’s Krystal’s show too. Now I do not know what to do. If I told Qian that I’m not going to make it on Sunday, again, she might not let me see Kayden, and I’m not going to get them back. But if I missed Krystal’s show, she will definitely hate me.

***

“Oppa, is there anything wrong? You were silent after I passed you the ticket.” Krystal asked when we were alone at the balcony.

I’m still in dilemma. I do not know what to do. I’m meeting them at 12PM, her show is at 12:30PM. I can’t be meeting them for half an hour only, right? I was thinking of spending whole day with them on Sunday.

“You’re not coming?” Krystal asked, when I remained silent and not answering her question.

“Krystal…” I said, and told her what have happened these few days, and the plan that I have on Sunday with Qian and Kayden.

“Really? That’s great! You found them! Then you should go see them on Sunday. I’ll forgive you for missing my show.” She said, which made me happy. She hated me when the incident happened 5 years ago. Our relationship has not been good since then. But after the truth came out, she supported me to find them. And now, she’s supporting me to see them, even though I have broken the promise of going to her show.

“Thank you, little sister.”

***

Sunday came, and I reach Tokyo Shopping Mall earlier than expected. We were supposed to meet at 12PM, but I came an hour earlier. But it’s okay. I don’t mind waiting for them.

I was looking at every passing cab, hoping one of them would stop, and both of them would walk out. I guess I was too excited to meet them.

One of the cab stopped by the road, and it was them. I smile and wave at them when they came out of the cab.

“Khun Ajusshi!” Kayden ran straight towards me with his arms spread. I squat down and open my arms, bringing him to hug. “Hey Kayden.” I said and ruffle his hair. I carried him up.

“Hi.” I said when Qian stops in front of me “Hi.” She said, but still remains cold.

“So where are we going?” I asked. There must be a reason that we are coming here.

“Omma promised to bring Kayden here for cheeseburger!”

“Actually, we’re here to buy you some clothes.”

“And cheeseburger!” Kayden said, persistent to have his cheeseburger.

“Yes, and your favourite cheeseburger.” She said and smile at him. I haven’t seen her smile for a long time.

I look at their interactions, and it brings a smile to my face. If only we were still together, maybe we might be a happy family.

But it is just a dream to me, that may or may not come true.

“Let’s go then.” I said, and went inside the shopping mall.

***

“Come Kayden, let’s try out these clothes.” She says as she took some of the clothes from the racks in the shop. She took Kayden’s hand and was about to walk into one of the children’s fitting rooms when Kayden pulls my hand.

“Khun Ajusshi, help Kayden get changed.”

“Come Kayden, don’t bother Khun Ajusshi.” She says before I can reply. I wanted to help him, since he’s my son, although he doesn’t know that.

“Kayden is a boy, and Khun Ajusshi is a boy. Ajusshi can help Kayden change. Omma is a girl, Kayden will feel embarrass.” He said, which makes me laugh silently. He’s so adorable, and mature, I guess?

“But I’m your Omma, come.” She said, but Kayden gives a sulky face.

“It’s okay. I’ll bring him in.” I said, and took his hands and went in.

***

We went shops to shops, since not a lot of clothes Kayden likes. He’s quite picky, but adorable. He has his own likes, which is good, I think. He gets to have his cheeseburger too, and I can see he loves it very much. His way of munching and get sauce all over his mouth shows that he loves it. I’m glad he’s spending a fun time.

Though throughout this shopping time with them, Qian never talks to me, I’m happy. I get to see them, and get to spend time with them.

***

It’s been a week since the shopping moment. I get to spend time with Kayden and Qian on Monday to Friday in the park. I was glad that the training time has changed to morning, which gives me the free afternoon and evening to spend time with them.

Qian is still the same. Cold. But at least in this past week, she has more words to say to me. We can now at least make some conversations. It’s not a long conversation, but at least, I think, she’s okay with me being around them now.

My phone rang, and I picked it up immediately when I saw the caller ID. It’s Qian.

“Hello?”

“Khun Ajusshi!” I heard a bubbly voice, and I knew immediately that it’s Kayden. “Hi Kayden! It’s late, why did you call Ajusshi?” I asked, realised that the time now is 11PM.

“Ajusshi, Kayden wants to play with Erin tomorrow. Can Ajusshi bring Erin to the park too?”

“Erin? I’ll ask her parents. If they allow, I’ll bring her to the park tomorrow too.”

“Yay! Thank you Ajusshi!” I can hear his excited voice over the phone. I always smile because of him.

“Kayden ah, you should sleep now, it’s late.”

“Okay! Bye-bye Khun Ajusshi!”

***

A/N:

Update again!

I have another plot in my mind for a Khuntoria story, but I have made some kind of my own policy - that I have to finish an ongoing Khuntoria story (this story) first before writing a new one (unless it's a one-shot).

So now, I'm trying to update as fast as I can.

See you guys on the next update :)

Encouraging comments are appreciated.
HottestPudding signing off xxxxxx