Chapter 3

Cruel Fairytale [On Hiatus]

I went to class, trying to be as normal I could possibly be. The news of the two of them getting married had spread. How do I know? People have been gossiping about it, and it's too loud for me not to hear it. If only I could shut my ears...

When I walked into the class, the whole class turns to look at me, and it immediately became quiet. Ignoring them, I walk to my seat. I took out a book and hide myself behind the book. I don't want anyone to bother me, though I'm not really sure if they would. I'm scared of them questioning, so I guess this is the best way to hide myself.

After a few minutes, the class returns normal again, people talking, playing card games, doing their own things. I wanted to let myself immersed in the book, but I can't. I keep thinking back to the encounter earlier with Yoona. I just can’t believe that the person I saw just now was the Yoona I’ve known.

I was distracted when the whispers were getting louder.

“She’s not supposed to be with him anyway.”

“Yeah. It’s great to know that Yoona is back with Nichkhun.”

“What do you mean ‘back’? They are not a couple before.”

“But they are childhood friends, and we saw how close they are before Song Qian transferred to this university. We always thought they are a couple back then.”

“Right. Song Qian is the third party between them. But at least everything returns into its rightful place.”

I wanted to shut my ears. I wanted to. These people weren’t like this before. When I transfer here, they always get close to me, having friendly talks with me. And when I’ve gotten close to the guys in the basketball team, more and more of them came to talk to me. I thought they really wanted to be my friends, that they were really, truly being friendly with me. Perhaps I’ve gotten it all wrong for these 2 years.

I was distracted when the professor came in. He started the lesson, but I wasn’t listening. I was just staring into space, thinking about the past.

-Flashback-

“Hi, I’m Song Qian, transferred from China. Nice to meet you.” I said and bowed. After I introduced myself, I went to the empty seat and seated down. The professor started the lesson, and in this lesson, all of us are required to partner up to finish our task for today. Everyone has a partner, except me, as the seat beside me is empty. I was about to raise up my hands and tell the professor that I do not have a partner, someone knock on the classroom door. He walked in, and I was mesmerised by him. He’s good-looking, with big eyes, sharp nose, brown hair, everything on him was perfect. No flaws at all.

“Sorry professor, I’m late.”

“It’s okay Nichkhun, the lesson hasn’t started yet. Go to your seat.”

“Thank you, professor.”

He made his way towards me, then I realised, his seat was just beside me. We are going to be partners for today.

“Hi, you must be the new student. I’m Nichkhun.” He smile and offers his hand for a handshake.

“Song Qian, but just call me Qian.” I shake his hand and smile back. He’s better-looking in just a short distance. “I guess we’re partners for today.” He said, and I just nod.

“I do not have a partner every time we’re required to do some tasks in groups of two. It’s great to finally have a partner.” He continued. I can’t believe that he doesn’t have any partner. I mean, he’s good-looking, a lot of girls must have wanted to partner up with him, so it’s kind of a shocking news that he doesn’t have a partner previously. ”Really?” I asked.

“Yes.” He answered. “Well, it doesn’t look like it.” I said. He just looked at me and laughed softly. Did I say something funny? I don’t think it’s funny.

“I really don’t. Most of the time we are required to partner up with someone sitting beside us, and my seat beside me are always empty.”

“Won’t there be someone wanted to sit beside you?”

“There are, but we are not allowed to change seats once we’ve settled down.” Oh, that’s why. I realised he answers me with “there are”, which means there are many girls wanted to partner up with him.

“Anyway, I think we should start our task.” He said, and then we started working together to finish up our task. During our task, I would somehow get confused, but he would explain and help me through it. He’s smart, cheerful, helpful, and good-looking. Okay, he’s perfect, too perfect.

When the lesson ended, a group of girls came to talk to Nichkhun. Of course, he's handsome and friendly, he should be popular among girls. I started packing my stuffs.

"Nichkhun, can I be your date to Junho's party this weekend?"

"No! Nichkhun is going to be my date."

"Mine!"

Wow. The girls started arguing over being Nichkhun's date. This has just confirmed what I think of him. Yup, he's popular.

"Chill, girls. I'm sorry, I already have a date."

Ouch. This statement must have hurt the girls. But such a good-looking guy should have a date, and maybe even a girlfriend. I look over to them, and saw their look of disappointments.

"Hey, smile. We can still see each other at the party." He said to the girls. He treats them so nice, and now I wonder whether he's a playboy.

After I packed up all my stuffs, I bid Nichkhun goodbye and left the classroom. I head towards my locker, open them up and put my books in. I jumped when I saw Nichkhun, panting, after I close the door of my locker. He just looks at me, smiling. When is he here? Why didn't I hear any footsteps? Why is he here? And I can't help but think, is he looking for me?

"Sorry that I gave you a shock." He apologises, but still panting. Did he run here?

"It's ok." I say. Then there's awkward silence. To me is awkward, but not sure for him. He just keep smiling at me.

"Um... I'll head to the cafeteria then." I say. When I was about to walk pass him, he stops me by standing in front of me.

"Why don't you join me for lunch?" He asks. Wait, don't tell me he ran here just to ask me to join him for lunch? I wanted to ask him, but was scared that I'm thinking too much. He's popular, and popular guy like him should have lots of friends and people that wants to join him for lunch, and maybe he asks me because currently I only have him as a friend, if he treats me as his friend too.

"Are you meeting your friends for lunch?" He asks when I didn't gave him an answer. I shook my head and say, "Actually you're my first friend here."

"Then join me for lunch. Let's go!" He says and pulls my wrist, and when he did that, the books that he's carrying drop to the floor. Both of us bend down to pick it up, but we accidentally bumps onto each other’s head. It's painful. I wanted to rub on my head to ease the pain, but he's faster. He rubs on my head to ease the pain. I look up at him, focusing on his eyes, and he's just focusing on rubbing my head. I can see tenderness in his eyes, and unknowingly, my hand reach out to his head and rub it too.

He looks down at me, looking into my eyes. I look back into his too. It was like I am being into his eyes. And somehow, he has stop rubbing on my head, and his hands move slowly down to my cheek. My heart suddenly beats fast when he caresses my cheek. I didn't flinch or anything, I don’t know why either. I mean, I’ve just know him today, and he’s not even my boyfriend, and I let him do such things to me. But I like this feeling, it feels… right. I am still looking into his eyes, and his still on mine.

"Khun hyung!" Someone shouted, and I flinch this time. We broke our eye contact, and he took his hand away from my cheek.

"Junho!" Nichkhun shouted back. The person, who I believe is Junho, ran towards us.

"The guys were just wondering where you have been. Especially Chansung, he's starving."

"Oh. I just wanted to put my books back to my locker first..." Nichkhun says. Now I remember that his books are still on the floor. He picks it up quickly and opens up the locker beside mine. Wait... his locker is just beside mine? And he says he wants to put his books first, so he's not actually going to ask me to join him for lunch. It's just a coincidence, and he asks me to join out of friendliness. "...and also trying to catch up with this friend over here and ask her to join us for lunch." His sentence instantly clears away my previous thoughts.

"Qian, this is Junho, one of my best buddies. Junho, Song Qian, the new transfer student." Nichkhun introduces us to each other.

"Hi." I greeted and smile. He did the same too. His smiley eyes make him look friendlier and cheerful.

"Let's go then. Or else all of them will start eating without us!" Junho said, and I walk with them to the cafeteria.

***

A/N:

Ta-dah! Chapter 3!

Sorry if it's kind of short. Which I think it is.

I'll TRY to update this weekend. 

Same thing always, encouraging comments are appreciated :D

HottestPudding signing off xxx