Chapter 4

Cruel Fairytale [On Hiatus]

I have met all of Nichkhun's best friends during lunch. There's Wooyoung, the comedic one in the group. He would always do or say something funny to bring up the mood. Then there's Jun.K, a talent. He's good at singing and composing, and would always sing whenever and wherever he wants. I find it nice, but the others find it annoying. Perhaps it's because they have known him long, and had listen to him sing for a whole lots of time. Next is Chansung, the big eater in the group. He can eat up to 5 portions of lunch. Most of the leftovers are eaten by him. But he's quite fit, and quite skinny maybe? I wonder how his stomach can fit all these food. Next, Taecyeon. He's a little on the comedic side, but most of his jokes can't make the group cracked up, and then it'll become awkward for a second. That's the last of the guys. All of them are good-looking, plus, they are also in the school's basketball team, and I wasn't surprise when many girls keep coming to the table just to listen to them talk, or even just taking a glance at them. I was afraid that the girls in the whole school will hate me, since I'm new, and already having lunch with them.

"Qian, where do you stay?" Yoona asks. She's also with the group, Nichkhun and Taecyeon's childhood friend. She's pretty, really pretty, that guys are coming to the table and gave her a stalk of flower, food, and gifts. There’s another girl in the group too. Her name’s Krystal, Nichkhun’s sister and also Junho’s girlfriend.She’s pretty too, but her pretty is different from Yoona’s pretty, if you get what I mean. I kind of feel uncomfortable when I realise this group of people are popular in campus. Krystal said earlier that she's glad and happy that there's another girl in the group, since it's always her, Yoona, and the guys having lunch together. And also, I’m older than the both of them by 1 year, and she’s happy that she gets to call someone ‘unnie’. I’m happy to have such a cheerful younger sister, since I don’t have any siblings. I was happy when she said that, as I'm scared that she'll think I was here purposely just to be popular. Junho told me earlier that Krystal doesn't like people getting close to them just because they wanted to get popular, as it happens before, so she might think I'm one of them. If it's like that, I wonder why Nichkhun invites me to have lunch with them.

I told Yoona where I stay.

"That's near to Khun hyung's house! Maybe you can go home with him together!" Wooyoung said, while pushing Nichkhun on his shoulder. Nichkhun gave him a glare and he immediately went back to what he's doing earlier. But he's still looking at me, giving me a face that still waiting for me to answer him.

"Go home together? I don't think it's a good idea."

"Why?" Junho asks. Why? Because I don't think Nichkhun wants to go home with me based on his earlier reaction, plus, I don't want his fan girls to bash me. I've watched a lot of dramas and it's scary. I'll be happy if there's someone in school I've met and become my friend to go home with me, but Nichkhun is different. Even if he wants to go home together, I don't think I want to.

"Because..." I keep dragging my word as I don't know how to answer him.

"Don't answer if you don't want to. Just ignore these 2 idiots." Nichkhun says, saving me from the need to answer.

They changed the topic, and now talking about Junho's party. Junho invited me to his party. It's not his birthday though. He organised the party because he wanted to. He loves to organise events, and loves to see people getting together, hanging around. Apparently, he's rich, so he doesn't have to worry about money issues. I accept his invitation, since I love parties too.

After lunch, I went to my next class with Yoona and Nichkhun. I'm lucky that I have the same class with them, which means I have someone to talk to.

We walk into the class, and I immediately scan around to find an empty seat. Yoona is seated beside Nichkhun, and beside her there's another empty seat. I actually wanted to sit there, but Nichkhun drags me to sit beside him, which is another empty seat too. I was trying to get away from Nichkhun as much as possible, because after what happens along the corridor and lunch, I find it awkward to be with him.

After the lesson, I pack up my stuffs to put it back into the locker and then head straight home. Same thing happened earlier at my first class, girls came in to ask Nichkhun whether he does have a date to Junho's party. He gave them the same answer. I don't get why the girls are trying to ask him to be their date to the party. I mean, his party is just a party, not a ball or something. There isn't a need to get a date, right? Don't tell me there is a need, as they didn't tell me.

I walk over to Yoona after I packed up my stuffs. "I'll be going first then. Help me say bye to Nichkhun."

"Okay. Bye!" She says and wave, I smile and wave back.

I put my books in my locker and walk towards the bus stop just beside the school. There are lots of people at the bus stop, maybe it's because most of the students ended class at this time. The bus came, and it's only about the first 20 person that is able to board the bus. I'm so behind of the line, that I'm unable to count the number of people in front of me. I decided to walk home, as it's only about 30 minutes walk away, and if I wait for my turn to board the bus, I might need more than 30 minutes to reach home.

"Qian! Song Qian!" I was startled when someone shouted my name. I turned behind, and saw Nichkhun running towards me. I just stood there, waiting for him to reach where I stood.

When he’s standing in front of me, I can see he’s sweating and panting. I took out a packet of tissue and pass it to him.

"Thanks." He said while trying to slow down his panting.

"Is there anything I can help you?" I ask, since I think he won't be shouting my name and running towards me if he doesn't need anything from me.

"I just wanted to walk with you."

"Oh." I say, not knowing what else I can say. Earlier I thought he doesn't want to walk with me, and I do not want to walk with him too because I'm afraid of his fan girls.

"I'm sorry if I made you think I do not want to walk home with you earlier." He said as we started walking. His sentence surprises me actually. How can he even know what I'm thinking?

"It's just... I don't think you would want to walk with me since we have only met today."

"If you think that I wouldn't, then why did you call out for me?" I ask, turning to look at him. If he thinks that way, and if I really think that way too, shouldn't he be afraid that he'll offend me or something? Now he said he wanted to walk home with me.

"So you really think that way?" He asks instead of asking my question. He look at me, into my eyes, and I was reminded of what happened earlier along the corridor near our lockers. I turn back to look to the front when I feel my face getting hotter and my fast heartbeat.

"You're half right though. I do not want to walk with you, but not because we just met today. It's because I see how popular you are, and I'm afraid that your fan girls would hate me and even bash me." I told him honestly. He laughs, which make me turn to look back at him. Did I say something funny that amuses him?

"You've watched too much drama. Besides, I should be afraid, not you." He says, which confused me. What is he saying? What does he mean by he should be afraid? I ask him.

"You'll see tomorrow." He says, and that makes me more curious. I wonder what'll happen tomorrow.

On our way home, we talk a lot about ourselves. He's actually a Thai, born in Korea, which explains his hard-to-pronounce first name. He's been friends with Yoona and Taecyeon ever since they were in elementary school. He likes basketball and badminton, but chooses to be in school's basketball team instead of badminton team because he likes to work with his buddies along as a team to achieve victory. For leisure hobby, he likes fishing, and would always bring Krystal along since she likes fishing too.

Speaking of Krystal, why didn't they go home together? I ask him.

"She’s with Junho, he will send her home. You see, I don’t really like to walk with them because I don’t like to see them sweet talk, cuddling, doing stuffs that will make me vomit.” He frowns and shivers. I laugh inside my mind when I saw his reaction. I know what he meant. I had a taste of it earlier. They were like magnets during lunch. Sitting close together, whispering in each other’s ear, and even cuddling while others are talking. They were like in their own little world.

“Here’s where I stay. Thank you for walking with me.” I say when we reach the main gate of the apartment building.

“It’s a pleasure to walk with you. Besides, I just live beside this building.” He says and points towards the condominium building just beside the apartment building I was staying. Wow, sure is near.

“You can come and find me or Krystal anytime you want. We’re staying at the penthouse. Security won’t let you in easily, but just give me a call and I’ll talk to them.”

“Okay, but I don’t have your number.” I say, and my face burns hot when he smiles cheekily. Why does he have this effect on me?

He makes a gesture to pass him my cell phone. I took out from my bag and pass it to him. He punched in some numbers, which I believe it’s his number, and his cell phone vibrates. He must have dials his cell phone number so he can get my number. He passed my cell phone back to me.

“Now we have each other’s contact. Come find me whenever you want, my parents love guests.”

“Sure.” I smile.

-End of Flashback-

“Song Qian.”

I was pulled out of my thoughts by someone calling my name. It’s the professor. I looked around, and realised I’m the only one left in the class. I was guilty that I wasn’t able to listen and focus on the lesson.

“Sorry.” I apologise, and it came out sounded like a whisper.

“It’s okay. It’s the last day anyway, there isn’t much to teach.”

I look at the professor, and he’s giving me an encouraging smile. “You’re a nice girl, Song Qian. I know you’re strong. You’ll be able to overcome the hard times.”

***

A/N:

Yup, I've decided to update today.

These 2 chapters are basically about how they met.

This chapter was supposed to be uploaded together with the previous chapter, but because it's too long, so I split it into 2 chapters instead, and now it becomes 2 short chapters. Sorry about that.

To ensure you guys, this story WILL be a happy ending. 

I'm a Khuntoria fan, how could I not put them back together when I've separate them during the start? x(

Anyhow, the following sentence will always appear every chapter.

Encouraging comments are appreciated! Hehe :D

HottestPudding signing off~ xoxo