Chapter 20

Cruel Fairytale [On Hiatus]

A/N:

With the Nichkhun and Tiffany dating news that's happening, I guess most of you are sad, same goes to me.

Well, to be honest, I am surprised, but just a little. There has been rumours about them dating for so many years, even when he's still in wgm.

And not only that, there's also rumours or Victoria and Changmin dating too, when she's still in wgm.

Well, I've seen and heard the rumours for so many years, but since there's no source to prove it, I didn't really believe it. But now, one of it came true. And with some video about reporters saying that they knew they were dating for several years, but they didn't report it because of their wgm stunt. (But I do not trust the video that much, since both agency said they have only been dating for 4 months).

Guys, please don't be too discouraged because of the news. Seeing so many authors stop continuing their stories and seeing readers stopped reading because of the news makes me sad too. 

I'm a Khuntoria fan, and I support their decision in everything they make, even if their decision doesn't involve each other.

I just hope Nichkhun is happy with his life, and if he truly loves Tiffany, and Tiffany truly loves him, I wish them happiness.

And for Victoria, I hope the same too, to be happy with her life. Dating or not, I hope she meets someone that truly loves her and is able to give her all the happiness.

P.S. I'm still continuing this fic. And I might create more fic about them in the future. Please continue to support and love khuntoria. Thank you.

***

I went to the staff's area and punch my card for my break time. I walk out and towards where Yeonhee is seated in the café.

"You must have known since you called me here." She said after I take my seat. I nod.

Before I left the hospital this morning, I have asked Khun on how he knows where I went that day. As I remember, I told him to fetch Kayden for me. It turns out that Yeonhee had told him about my plans on renting an apartment that afternoon, and that I'm paying the rent in advance that day. I don’t know how Yeonhee knows him, but I guess it’s Changmin that told her, and gave her his phone number.

"Did he stop you?" She asks, and I shake my head.

"Not really. Something happened that day." I said, and told her about the incident that happened that day. "Now he's in the hospital, but he's alright now, out of danger."

"See! I told you the place was bad!"

"Yes I know. You don't have to reprimand me again." I said. This morning I have gotten a scolding from Khun, and now Yeonhee.

She smiles, and says, "You should thank me." I nod, understanding what she's trying to say. If she didn't tell him, the situation might become worse- No, the situation is already bad, as Khun has been hurt and in the hospital, because of me. Sigh... If only I listen to this dongsaeng here before.

"You know, this incident makes me realise that I am still deeply in love with him, and I can't bear him leaving me again. So, thank you, Yeonhee."

She looks at me, surprised. "You and him, have gotten back together?" I smile, and that answers her question.

"That's great! The family is complete! Congratulations!"

***

“Vic? Vic!” I was startled when someone shouted by my ear.

“Huh?” I turn around, and saw Luna looking worriedly at me.

“You have been distracted after your break. Did something happen?” She asks, and I shake my head.

Truth is, I’m actually thinking about what Yeonhee said earlier. The family is complete! I didn’t thought about the family problems yet. To Kayden, Khun is just a friend of mine, an Ajusshi to him. Though he’s still quite small, will he understand when suddenly Khun became his father?

“Oh! Your handsome is here.” She says as she points towards the door. Khun is standing there, waving at me. I quickly rush towards him.

“Why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be at the hospital?” I ask. I thought that the earliest that he can be discharged is tomorrow. The doctor said that he will have to do a check-up first before he can be discharged. The results shouldn’t be out so fast, right?

“I’m here to fetch you. I’ve asked the doctor, and he says that I can be discharged today.” He answers to my questions.

“Are you feeling alright?” I ask, making sure that he’s feeling better. He nods.

“Okay, I’ll go get my belongings.” I say and went back into the café, and into the staff’s area to get my things.

***

I walk out of the bedroom and head towards where Khun is at. He's sitting on the couch, watching soccer with Wooyoung. Seeing me approaching, Wooyoung moves away from Khun and gave me his seat.

"Hey." I say as I take a seat beside Khun.

"Hey." He greets back, and put his shoulder around me. Naturally, I put my head on his shoulders. "Something’s wrong? Why aren't you asleep?"

I shake my head, answering his question. "I'm just worried about you. You have just been out of the hospital. You shouldn't be sleeping on the uncomfortable couch."

"There's no extra bed. Plus I have already gotten used to sleeping on the couch, it doesn't matter."

"I know, but you're still a patient." I say.

I have already guessed that's what he is going to say to me. So I told him what I have thought of. "You should sleep on the bed today. Kayden can sleep in Taec's and Yoona's room. I have asked her earlier, she doesn't mind. So I'll exchange with you, I'll take the couch. You take the bed."

"What?" Two voices said at the same time. Wooyoung turned his attention towards us from the TV. He must have heard our conversation. Of course, he's here all the time, he have heard us.

"I can't let you sleep on the couch!"

"Yeah! You shouldn't be sleeping on the couch hyungsunim!" I can feel the blood rushing to my cheeks hearing what he called me. It's been so long since I have heard of that word, but that's not the point now. I ignore the feeling and answer him. "Khun has just discharged, I can't let him sleep on the couch, too. His wound may reopen, and gets worse."

"Don't worry, it will not happen. I'll be careful in my sleep."

"Yeah! Khun hyung will be careful."

"If you don't agree with me, then I'll just stay here all night." I say, hoping they, or just Khun, will comply.

I heard him heave a sigh, and I look at him, waiting for his decision. "You take take the bed. I'll just sleep with Wooyoung today."

"What?! No way! I'm not gay hyung!"

"I'm not too you idiot! Then do you want our guest to sleep on the couch?!?"

"Guest? More like special VVVIP girlfriend." He mumbles softly, but I managed to hear it. I flushed, but I act as I didn't hear it.

Khun heard it, because he throws a pillow to him, hard. "Ow! Hyung! Okay okay! I've got another better idea! Why not both of you take the bed, while Kayden sleep in Taec hyung's room? You two can cuddle up, make up for the times that you two are separated." He says as he cuddles the pillow, winking at us. I flushed a brighter red.

"Yah! Do you want a beating!?" Khun says and picks up another pillow and throws at him, but this time he missed it.

"Okay that's settled! Since hyungsunim doesn't say anything, silence means consent, right? I'll inform Taec right away!" He said and left to find Taec, before we could even protest.

***

The sun shines brightly through the window. I open my eyes and was greeted by a handsome face right in front of me. He’s still asleep, but his arms are still around me. I smile while looking at him. It’s been so long since I wake up with him just beside me.

Wooyoung have succeeded in having us sleeping in the same room last night. Well, he went off to tell Taec about the plan, and he agreed too. After he carry the sleeping Kayden to his room, I told Khun that I will just stick on the original plan, which is I will sleep on the couch while he can take the bed. He protests, saying if I keep insist on taking the couch while he take the bed, he will just stay with me on the couch. In the end, I have no choice but to sleep with him on the same bed.

Well, the reason I didn’t want to be in the same bed with him is because I was afraid that I might hurt him while I was sleeping. He still has the bandage around his waist, and I never know whether I would toss and turn around while I’m asleep. What if I did? I might hurt him. I know he will never tell me if I did hurt him.

I felt him stir, and I look back at him. He opens his eyes and looks at me, giving me his unforgettable just-woken-up smile. I smile back at him. “Good morning.”

“Good morning. It’s been so long since I have such a good sleep.” He says while his hand brushes my bangs.

“Really? I was afraid that I’ll hurt you.”

“I told you that you won’t hurt me. Why can’t it get through your head?” He says as he softly knocks on my head.

It’s true that he’s been assuring me since last night – no, scratch that – the last 2 night. On the night in the hospital, I left him alone on the bed when he’s asleep while I take the couch in the ward. He’s unhappy at first, but didn’t say anything much about it.

“Are you hinting me?”

“What?” I ask, as I don’t understand what he is saying. I was surprised when he kisses me softly on my lips. I can feel my cheeks blushing.

“You’re pouting. I assumed you want a kiss.” He says. I didn’t notice that I’m pouting.

“Yah! You can’t steal kisses like that!” I say as I softly hit him on the chest. He chuckles and hugs me closer.

“I missed this.” He whispers. I do not know whether he intend to let me hear it, but I smile hearing that, because I feel the same way too.

***

“Kayden ah, what do you want to eat?” Khun asks Kayden as we walk along the busy street.

“Hmm… McDonald’s! Kayden wants to eat burger!” He says excitedly as he tugs on both of our hands.

“Okay, let’s go eat McDonald’s!” Khun says as he carries him up and sat him on his shoulders.

“Khun! Be careful!” I say, remembering that he’s still a patient.

Just now when he came to fetch me from my workplace, he told me that we were having our dinner outside. Ever since I moved in to the hostel, I always helped Yoona with the dinner, with the exceptions from few days ago. I have not helped her with dinner for a few days now, I'm not sure whether is it okay to not help her with the dinner today.

But that question was soon answered by him. The guys went out to have their own fun, while Taec and Yoona brought Erin to meet her grandparents. Apparently, Taec's parents came to Japan today just to visit them.

"What are you doing?" I ask when Khun slips his hands around my waist.

"You're too slow. I don't want you to go missing."

"I won't."

"Well, just in case."

We walk along the streets like this, Kayden on his shoulders, both of our arms around each other's waist. I look at our shadows as we walk. We really look like a family. If only times like this could remain the same forever.