Chapter 6

Cruel Fairytale [On Hiatus]

Leaving is the best option for me, to forget the past, and prepare for the new future, without him.

"How's the flight? Did you get enough sleep?"

"Sleep? It's just a 2 hour flight, and you expect me to sleep?"

I have landed in Japan, without anyone stopping me. Of course, the only one who knows is Taec, and today's the graduation ceremony. He won't miss it.

That day, after I left the hospital, I went straight back home to get my luggage, and went to stay at a hotel. I don't want any of them to stop me, just in case Taec told anybody. I change my phone number too, so they can't reach me, in case they did try to find me.

"Whoa, I'm sorry. I don't know you are this... feisty." He said, acting he's frightened by me. I smile at his reaction.

"Oh my god, you know how to smile?" He started teasing me since I just gave him cold reaction when I landed an hour ago.

"Changmin, please, don't tease me." I glare at him.

"Alright, alright." He said, and the car now is quiet, except for his soothing music that he's playing.

In a few minutes, he drives in to a garage beside a house. He stops the engine and unbuckles his seat belt. "We're here." He said, and opens the door and went out. I follow him after.

He took out my luggage from the trunk, and pulls it towards a door in the garage. I just continue following him.

"Here's the living room." He said as he stopped at the living room. "Then there's the kitchen, the front door to the front yard, the back door to the back yard is in the kitchen. That's the bathroom, the storeroom, the housekeeper's room." He pointed at different areas of the house while introducing, while I try to remember the different rooms. Even if I can't remember, I can always explore the house myself.

"Come, I'll bring you to the second floor." He said, and carries my luggage up the stairs. I follow after him. He turns left and opens the first door.

"Here's your room. I hope it's okay." He said as he put my luggage down. I look around, it's quite big, with a king-sized bed, bed sides table, a vanity table, a closet and a bathroom. It's really a nice room.

"It's more than what I have asked for. Thank you, Changmin."

"You're welcome. You can start unpacking and rest first, or you can go explore around the neighbourhood. I have to go meet an important client. Just to tell you, the room beside this is my bedroom, and the one beside mine is Yunho hyung's room. The first room on the right of the stairs is the study room, the last 2 rooms are just guest rooms." He said, before walking out of the room. He stops his steps before he could close the door. "Oh right, if you need anything, just ask the housekeeper. She will be back later." He said, and I nod at him.

After he left, I started opening my luggage to unpack my things. The first thing I saw is the folder, the folder which contains the result of my pregnancy and the ultrasound photo of the 5 week old baby, my baby. I took out the papers in the folder, and look at the photo. Tears started to well up in my eyes as I look at the photo.

I'm sorry, baby. Sorry that you won't have a father.

***

It's been about 3 weeks since I've stayed in Japan, and I feel miserable. Partly because of the morning sickness, and also the cost of my Japanese lesson and unable to get job. I've tried getting a job at some Korean or Chinese restaurants, since I'm not fluent in Japanese and I could read the Korean and Chinese words in the menu, which I thought should be okay if I'm working there. But till now, I'm being rejected several times.

Then I applied for a Japanese lesson. The fees for just a total of 5 hours lessons are so expensive that could cost me a month of my part-time pay back in Korea. I paid what I can with my savings.

And then, I would always have headaches during the Japanese lessons, where the teachers are fierce and keep pressurised me whenever I got something wrong. I remained calm and try to ignore my headache.

But now, I can't take it anymore. I feel really stressed out. Because now I have no income, my savings are running out, Japanese teachers pressurising me to get lots of things right, and now I worry about the future of the baby. I can't guarantee that I would have enough savings for him/her future since I'm in this state now. I feel terrible.

"Miss Song Qian, are you sure you want to abort the baby?" the doctor asks, while I keep mum, not sure whether I should have to abort it. I don't want to. I really don't want to. But this baby won't have a good future because of me. This baby doesn't have a father, too.

With this reasons, I close my eyes, stopping my tears to fall. I nod as my answer.

"Okay, please change into these." The doctor signals the nurse to pass me clothes that I have to change into. I took it and went to the toilet to change.

"Qian!" I was startled when someone called me and barged into the female toilet. Luckily there's only me around. I turn to look towards the door, and was surprised to see him here.

"Changmin, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Then what are you doing here?!" He shouted. He walks towards me, grabs my arms and drags me out. The clothes that I was going to change into drops to the floor.

"Let me go!" I struggled out of his grasp, but he wouldn't let go.

"No! I won't let you abort the baby!"

"I have to!"

"The baby's innocent!"

"This baby doesn't have a father, doesn't have a future!"

"The baby will have a father and future!"

I let out my tears after he said that. "No... The baby doesn't have."

He gently tips my chin up and wipe my tears. "He will. Me, I can be the father, and he will have the future, if you gave him the chance to see the world." He said, convincingly. I look at him in the eye and search for assurance.

He looks back into my eyes. "So, Qian, would you let me?"

***

Just a brief description, Changmin is Qian's first Korean friend in China when he is an exchange high school student. He is also her first love, but they broke up after dating for a year, as he has to move back to Seoul, and they remain friends. When she moved to Seoul with her parents because of her father's job, she contacted Changmin just to inform him and probably could meet up as friends, but unfortunately, he moved to Japan as he was offered a great job opportunity there. They haven't contacted each other after that, until now.

That's all, for now. Will update soon! :)

HottestPudding signing off xxx