Chapter 21

Cruel Fairytale [On Hiatus]

A/N:

This chapter is still undergoing editing, so there might be more contents for this chapter updated this week.

I'm not sure if you guys have read the previous chapter, which was previously titled as 'A/N' chapter, as I have updated the previous chapter with Chapter 20 two weeks ago, read it first if you haven't before reading this chapter.

Thanks for still reading and supporting this fic.

Oh! Please support my other Khuntoria fics too, which I have started two weeks ago.

Remembrance (Sequel to Miracle in December)

Thank you!

HottestPudding signing off xoxo

***

“Where are we going?” I ask as he holds onto my hand and walks briskly.

“You’ll see.” He says, still being secretive.

He’s been secretive since this morning. During breakfast this morning, he asks Taec and Yoona to take care of Kayden for today. They didn’t ask them why and just agreed. When I asked Khun where we are going after breakfast, he just says ‘a date’.

Well, we’ve been together for a few weeks now, and I feel bad every time when we ask Taec and Yoona to take care of Kayden as we wanted to have our time alone. Taec and Yoona had never asked us to take care of Erin for them, not once. I feel bad for leaving Kayden with them just because we wanted to have our own time.

It’s not like we always left Kayden with them. We have some family time too, although Kayden still doesn’t know that Khun is his father.

“What are we doing here?” I say as we walk into a building. From the looks of it, it is a block of flat. I look at him, and he just shrugs his shoulders.

We walk into the elevator, and he presses the 10th level button.

“Are you really not going to tell me?” I ask, and he shakes his head. Okay then. If he’s not going to tell me, I’m going to find out about it sooner, since we are heading to the place now.

The elevator door opens, and we walk out. There are a few doors on the right on this level, but we head towards the only door on the left side. We walk to the door, and I can see he’s getting something out of his pocket. A key. He unlocks the door, and pulls me in with him. I look around, it’s a nicely furnished apartment. Though it’s not that big, everything is in place. Everything, including furniture and appliances, are in the right places. This place looks, homey.

“Do you like this place?” He asks, and I nod. How can someone not like this place?

“Glad you like it.” He says, and takes my right hand. He places something on my hand. I look at it, it’s the same key that he used to open the door to this apartment. “What do you mean by this?” I ask holding the key up, though I have already had an idea why he brought me here.

“I bought this apartment. I wanted us to live here.”

“Us? Here?” He nods. “Why?” I ask. We’ve been staying just fine in the hostel. After he’s recovered, we bought an extra bed. He’s sleeping on one of the bed while me and Kayden in another, but most of the time Kayden sleeps with him. It’s fine, really. He doesn’t need to buy an apartment. Besides, he has to go back to Seoul.

“I want us to have our own apartment, as a family. Qian, let’s get married.”

I was speechless. Is this a proposal? I love him, and from these few weeks, I know that he still loves me, really loves me. I know I would accept his proposal whenever he proposes to me. But now, I know I can’t.

“I love you, Khun.” I say, and I can see his eyes sparkles with happiness. “But I can’t.” After I said that, I can see he’s getting dejected. “I need some time, okay?” I say, hoping it would at least lift his spirits up a little. He looks at me, and nods.

“Okay.”

***

I wipe the ketchup off the tip of Kayden’s lips as he ate he ate his french-fries. I brought him to have his favourite meal at McDonald’s. Khun isn’t here with us, because I told him earlier that I wanted to have an alone time with Kayden, to tell him the truth. About the apartment, well, I accept to move in to the apartment. He bought it, for us, and I don’t want to disappoint him by rejecting to move into the apartment after rejecting his proposal.

“Kayden ah, there’s something Omma has to tell you.”

“What is it, omma?” He asks as he munch on his french-fries.

“If omma tells you that Nichkhun ajusshi is your appa, will you hate omma and ajusshi?”

“How can Nichkhun ajusshi be Kayden’s appa when Kayden already have an appa?”

“Kayden ah…” I pause, thinking of how to tell him. He’s just a kid, a 4 year old kid. “Changmin appa is not your real appa. Nichkhun ajusshi is your real appa.”

“Okay.”

“Okay?” I repeat what he said. He just accepted just like that. Maybe it’s because he’s still young.

“Appa had told Kayden that Nichkhun ajusshi is Kayden’s real appa. Appa also say appa have Yeonhee imo and omma have Nichkhun ajusshi.  Kayden loves Omma, Kayden loves Changmin appa and Kayden loves real appa.”

When he said that, I smile. At least he’s not making a fuss like what happen in those dramas. “Omma and appa loves Kayden too.”

***

“Appa!” Kayden says and hugs Khun immediately after he opens the door for us. I can see Khun surprised look. He squats down to Kayden’s level. “What did you call me?”

“Appa!” Kayden repeated for him to hear it again. Khun hugs him, “Kayden ah, my son.” He looks up to me, smiling so happily. I gave him the same smile.

Khun brought him to bath next. I take his clothes and brought it to the bathroom. I heard their laughter before I went in. I smile once again. I open the doors and went in. “Khun, I’ll put Kayden’s clothes here.” I say as I put down the clothes on the counter beside the sink.

“Okay.” He answers as he continues to help Kayden bathe and Kayden playing with the bubbles and water. It’s a scene that I have wished for during these years.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I feel my clothes and body wet. The two of them have splashed the bathwater on me. “Hey! Stop it!” I say, and give them an angry look. I pretend to be angry of course.

They stop, and look at each other. “Good.” I say and smile. I turn around to leave the bathroom. Before I could do that, I was pulled back to the bathroom by a strong arm on my waist. Before I could react, water started splashing around. “Yah!”

“Hehehe!” Kayden laughs as he continues to splash water while Khun holds me with one arm, keeping me from running away. I hit his arms so he could let go of me.

“Come on Kayden! Let’s play with omma!” Khun says as he use his free hand to splash some water on me.

“Hey!” Knowing that he won’t let me go easily, I use both of my hands and dip in in the bathtub, turn my body around and wet his face. He lets go of me to wipe his face, and I started splashing water on him. “That’s what you get for collaborating with your son to splash water on me!”

“Okay then! Kayden, splash more water on omma!”

“No you won’t!”

“Hehehehe!”