Chapter 17

Cruel Fairytale [On Hiatus]

“OH. MY. GOD!” I jumped up as someone said loudly behind me. I turned behind and saw a surprised Junho behind me.

“What are you shouting for?” Another voice can be heard from outside the kitchen.

“The reason why Khun hyung is sleeping on the couch!” Junho said, and I heard quick footsteps coming to the kitchen. Jun.K and Chansung walked into the kitchen. They have the same expression as Junho when they saw me.

“Hi.” I say and give them a small wave. “I’m making breakfast. Maybe you all could wait a little while at the dining area. It will be ready soon.”

“Okay.” The three of them said at the same time. “No, wait! Why are you here?” Chansung asks, and before I could answer, the other two hit him on his head.

“Ow!”

“Don’t ask stupid question!”

“What?”

“Let’s go out!”

I smile as I watch their interactions. It’s been so long since I saw them. Seeing them goofing around, playing around, making jokes, having fun. Though it’s been a few years, they still look the same.

I turned back to the kitchen counter and stove, continuing to prepare breakfast for all of them.

“OH MY GOD!” Another shout from behind startled me. This time, it’s Yoona.

“Hi Yoo-”

“Be right back!” She said, and just rush out of the kitchen. Though I’m surprised by her reaction, I turned back and continue cooking. As I put the food on the plates, Yoona came in again.

“Nichkhun told me. You’re staying here, right?” She said, and I nod at her question. At least I think that we’re staying here temporary. They are here in Japan for a competition, and they will go back to Korea in about 3 months.

I’m sorry. You shouldn’t be here cooking breakfast.”

“It’s okay. It’s been a habit to prepare breakfast.” But it’s the first time that I prepared breakfast for so many people. I don’t mind, but I hope they are okay with what I prepared for breakfast.

“I’ll help you bring out the food.”

“Okay, sure.” I said, and the both of us bring the plates to the dining area.

***

“Kayden ah, shower time. You have to get ready to go to the centre.” I said after I washed the plates and utensils. Kayden is playing with Erin and the guys while Yoona and I are washing the dishes.

“I want Nichkhun ajusshi to help me!”

“Kayden ah-” I was about to protest since he’s been sticking with Nichkhun ever since we stay here. I don’t want him to always bother Nichkhun. But Nichkhun carry him up and brought him to the bathroom straight. “Okay, Ajusshi will help Kayden shower.”

"But-" I stopped myself to speak as I saw Kayden getting so happy about it. Maybe it's best to let them be, let them have their father and son time.

"Qian, is it okay to chat?" Yoona asked as I take a seat on the couch. I nod at her as my answer.

"I hope you would forgive me to what I have done 5 years ago."

"I told you, I forgive you." I said, and it's the truth. She has already told me what really happened when we met at the Child Care Centre 2 weeks ago. That day, I told her that I forgive her, because she loves him so much during that time. She's doing that out of love. And she can't help it.

She shook her head, and asks "If you forgive me, then what about Khun oppa? Why are you still so distant towards him? Why are you drawing a line between you and him?"

Her questions made me unable to answer her. I forgive her, I really do. But I can't get myself to trust him. He left me hurt, leaving me alone, and it still lingers within me.

"I can't trust him." I answer honestly.

"It really isn't his fault. It was mine."

"It is not because of you and the lies that happened that made me unable to trust him." I know Yoona must have thought that because of what she did 5 years ago that made me unable to trust him, but it's not.

"I know I'm in no position to ask this, but please give him a chance. At least, let him be closer to you and Kayden. I'm sure Nichkhun will become a better and trustworthy person." She says, and I thought about it.

"Please! Or else I will feel that you are still blaming me."

"Fine." I say, accepting her request. I do not want her to think that I'm still blaming her about the incident 5 years ago.

Even if she did not say that, I know I will still accept her request.

***

"Omma! I'm ready!" Kayden shouts as he carries his backpack and walk towards me. I took his little hands in mine and we walk to the door.

He actually anticipated going to the centre with Erin, but because Yoona and Taecyeon have to go to get some groceries, they went to the centre earlier than us.

"Omma, can Nichkhun ajusshi bring me to the centre?" He asks. I was about to reject, telling him that it might bother Nichkhun, but I was reminded of Yoona's words. I look over to Nichkhun, and realise that he was looking at us.

"Why don't you ask Nichkhun ajusshi?" I say, and he runs towards where Nichkhun is. I look at them, and a few seconds later, Nichkhun stood up and holds onto Kayden's hand. I open the door as they walk towards me.

"Kayden wants to hold Omma's hand." Kayden says as we step outside. I look at Nichkhun, and he was looking at me too. He and I must be thinking of the same thing right now, because I saw him releasing Kayden's hand.

"I want to hold Nichkhun ajusshi's hand too!" Kayden says when Nichkhun releases his hand.

"Okay, okay." I said as I hold onto his small hand. But Nichkhun still didn't hold onto his hand.

"Ajusshi." Kayden says as he's still waiting for Nichkhun to hold him.

I look at Nichkhun as he seems like he's hesitating when he looks at me. "What are you waiting for?" I ask, hoping he gets my hint.

I can see him smile when I said that.

He holds onto Kayden's other hand. The three of us walk together to the centre.

***

We were alone after bringing Kayden to the centre. We were standing outside the entrance, none of us speaking.

"I'll go to work now." I say when none of us are leaving.

"I'll send you." He says. I was about to say that it's fine, but I remember that I said I would give him a chance. "Okay."

We were walking in silent. It was quite awkward. But I’m glad it didn't last long. He started to speak first.

"I hope the guys didn't make you feel uncomfortable." He says, and I know what he is referring to.

Earlier during breakfast, they keep asking me questions on how I'm doing these few years, whether the hostel is okay for me, whether I'm back with Nichkhun.  I don't feel uncomfortable, because they are still the same, lively.

"No, they didn't. I have fun talking to them."

"Really?" He asks for confirmation.

"Yeah."

"I'm glad." He says. He must have thought that I felt uncomfortable this whole time.

"You shouldn't have prepared breakfast though."

"Why?" I ask. Is something wrong with the breakfast I made?

"Don't get me wrong, it was delicious. I actually miss this taste." He said, and whispers the last line. He didn't notice that I could hear what he whispers. I was surprised that he still remembers the taste of my cooking.

"But you're my guest."

"I took your bed, and because of me, you're sleeping on the couch. I should at least do something to show my gratitude. And I thought cooking might be the best idea."

"But I'm the one who brought you here."

"If you reject the idea, then I'll stay somewhere else."

"Alright! I'll accept it. Just stay." He says, and my mouth curved into a small smile because of this little victory.

We reach my workplace few minutes later.

"I'll go to work now. Thanks." I said, thanking him for walking with me to my workplace.

"Um Qi- I mean Victoria, can I come and fetch you after work?"

"Okay." I answered him without hesitating. I said I would give him a chance, and I will… try.

***

A/N:

It's been two weeks since I last update, and I'm sorry for that :'(

To compensate for not updating sooner, I'll update another chapter later.

Encouraging comments are appreciated :)
Hottestpudding signing off xoxoxoxoxoxo