Shattered

The Story of Us

Junhyung’s POV

Hyuna fell asleep right after taking the medicine. Now I only have 3 hours before she wakes up.

I got off the bed very slowly, trying not to make big movements that could wake her up. I went to the study room right beside our bedroom and left both doors open so I could keep watch on Hyuna.

After plugging in a pair of earpiece into the laptop, I swtiched it on. I didn’t want the loud startup sound to wake her. Opening back my unfinished lyrics and song editings, I continued my work.

I didn’t get off work early. I told my manager that I would finish the songs at home instead of the studio just so that I could fetch Hyuna home. But she doesn’t need to know that.

I didn’t realised that it had been 3 hours until my alarm vibrated beside me. I’ve the silent mode on Hyuna’s phone too so it won’t disturb her sleep. I stretched my arms up high and yawned tiredly.

Just as I was about to stand up, a pair of arms hugged me from behind. I startled slightly, looking over my shoulder.

“What are you doing up? Weren’t you sleeping?” Hyuna asked sleepily.

“I was going to wake you up. How did you wake up first? I've silent your phone!” I said, purposely not answering her question.

“I wanted to wake up myself so that you won’t have to wake me up. But it seems that you’re not even sleeping. What are you doing?” she asked. Damn she asked again.

“Okay okay. Let’s go take your medicine then,” I said, standing up. She stopped me before I could drag her back to our bedroom.

“What exactly were you doing Junhyung?” she asked in a stern voice, looking at me as if I was a suspect in a police station.

“Nothing. Just some things.. Come on lets go,” I said but failed to divert her attention again.

“Tell me. Are you.. doing your work? Here?” she said, pointing to my laptop. I bit my lower lip and then sighed in defeat.

“Yes I’m doing my work here.”

“I thought you didn’t like doing work in other places other than your own studio..” she said, frowning slightly. Before I could answer, she had already found her answer.

“You leave work early on purpose to fetch me didn’t you?? And now you have to do your work at home!” she said. I really don’t like her tone of voice right now.

“Studio or home is the same. I’ve changed. I prefer doing work at home now,” I lied.

She scoffed. “Who are you trying to fool Yong Junhyung? I’m your wife. I know you can only do your work in your studio. Why Junhyung….” She said shaking her head and looking away from me.

“Look, I don’t care about where I have to do my work. I care about you more and I’m willing to do anything just for you. Even if it means bringing my work home,” I said, holding her hand.

She shook her head. “I’m ruining your life.. I’m ruining everything..” she said softly.

“No! Don’t say that! You’re not ruining anything okay. I just want to take care of you. Is that so wrong?” I said, turning her body towards me.

She didn’t answer. Instead she kept shaking her head to herself and walked to our bedroom, pulling her hand out of my grip.

“Hyuna.. Baby..” I called after her but she just continued walking. I followed her into the room and saw her sitting at the edge of the bed and took the bottles of medication. She placed all of them on the bed and poured a glass of water that’s on the bedside table.

I sat on the floor beside the bed and looking up at her while resting my arm on the bed. She just ignored me and opened one of the bottles.

She was done with all the medicine in a few minutes and its time for her jab again. She took the syringe on her hand and stared at it. Her expression was a mixture of fear, tire and sadness all in one. I took it from her and she let me. She was still staring at her hand as if the syringe was still there. Carefully I the solution into the syringe and took her hand.

She just let me do whatever like some doll. I pulled her hand towards me gently and kissed the part where she is supposed to get jabbed. I looked up at her and she was slowly tearing up but her face remained expressionless. She stared at me, with tears running down her cheeks. I wiped her tears once again and look at her arm again. With a sigh, I put in the syringe into her arm slowly just like I always do.

~

I was back in the study room but I couldn’t continue with my work. What Hyuna said just now when I put her back to sleep really hurts me. How can she say that? Don’t I mean anything to her?

Hyuna was lying down on the bed being all quiet and I sat at the edge, caressing her arm, up and down. I waited for her to say something but she just looked at me. Finally I gave up and kissed her forehead before standing up. But just as I was about to get up, she spoke.

“I don’t want to ruin your life,” she said. I wanted to say something back but seeing that she was not finished, I waited for her to continue.

“I can’t give you a family. A normal one. Because of me, you’re even sacrificing work. I can’t..” she choked on her words and blinked out her tears that were threatening to flow out.

“I can’t let you do that. For your happiness, I’m willing to do anything too,” she continued. My eyebrows started to crease. I don’t think  I like where this is going.

 “Marry another girl Junhyung,” she said. My heart dropped and crashed into million pieces and the broken pieces hurt me bad. I was bleeding inside the moment she said that. I was trying to find a way to breathe again. I can’t believe she said that.

“Marry someone that won’t ruin your life. That can give you a family. That can-“

“Stop Hyuna. Just stop,” I said as I finally got to breathe again. But the moment I started breathing again, my tears fall.

“You've just hurt me more than the time when my dad beat me mercilessly. More than the time when I thought I lost you forever.” I stopped and stood up, breathing unevenly. I don’t know what to feel. Angry? Sad? But what I know is that I’m terribly hurt. Just with those words. How I wish I could rewind back time and ask her to swallow back her words before I could hear it with my own ears.

“I don’t want to hear those words again. Don’t even think of saying that again,” I warned her and walked out of the room.

I breathe in deeply and closed my laptop. I can’t do this. I’ll just continue this early in the morning.

 

Oh no!! What did Hyuna just say?? Poor them! :'(

I love chatting with yall :)) Makes me feel I have more friends than in real life. Thanks guyss.. <3

Hmm.. What about favourite drinks? Mine is Pepsi but eversince I tried Coke for Junhyung, I started loving Coke too! And whenever i miss him i would buy a bottle of Coke :P Recently I have this obsession for Soya Bean Milk. Every morning I just have to drink it. Hehe^^

So whats yours? :)

Subscribe! Comment! Upvote! Kkekeke^^ Love youuuuu~

tumblr_m987utgiyK1retmluo1_500.gif