Sacrifices

The Story of Us

 

Hyuna’s POV

I woke up the next morning and looked around for Junhyung. He wasn’t beside me anymore so I guess he had woken up first. Just as I was about to go the the bathroom, I heard Junhyung talking on the phone in the room beside our bedroom. Since its quiet in the house, I can hear his words quite clearly even when he’s not talking loudly.

“I’m not going back to the studio. I’m going to complete the songs and show them to Zico. Taejoo hyung can be in charge of the recording and such,” I heard him say. I leaned my body on the cupboard nearest to the door as his conversation caught my attention.

“No hyung. I have to be at home. Don’t you understand? My wife needs me right now. I want to take care of her,” he said again but his tone was slightly agitated.

“God! Why can’t you understand?? I’m hoping you would be the one to understand me among all the other people out there!”

I shut my eyes and let my body slide down the cupboard as I clutched onto my chest. Why is Junhyung doing all this for me? He don’t deserve this. I want to stop him and ask him to go back to his studio where his work belongs. Not in the study room. But I know it will be pointless. He will still do this even if I tell him not to. Right now, all I can do is be strong. For him and myself. I want to show him that its okay for him to leave me sometimes. I can’t be sure but I can try.

I heard him coming into the room and I quickly wiped away my tears with the back of my hand and stood up. I turned and opened the cupboard, pretending to be looking for clothes.

“Hey morning~” he said as he hugged me from behind, giving a soft peck on my shoulder.

“Morning~” I said with a smile as I glanced over my shoulder.

“Who were you talking to just now?” I asked.

“Oh you heard? Did that wake you up? I’m so sorry..” he apologised.

“No no.. Of course not. I was already awake when I heard you talking on the phone. Is everything okay?” I said.

“Yeah everything’s fine. I was just talking to my manager. Where’re you going baby?” he asked.

“Work?” I said, taking out a pair of formal wear from the cupboard.

“Hm? You’re going to work? Why…?” he pouted.

I chuckled. “What you mean why?”

“I thought you would quit..” he mumbled letting me go hesitantly.

“I am Jun.. I have to go to work to send my resignation form right?” I said, walking to the dressing table. I took the white envelope on the table and waved it to him with a wide smile. His eyes widened and his lips curled up into a smile.

He walked to me and hugged me tight and kissed my forehead. “Are you sure you want to do this?” he asked looking at me.

“Of course not. But I can’t work anymore so what’s the point?” I sighed. He the side of my hair and gave me a small smile.

“I’ll send you okay?” he said. I just nodded and went into the bathroom.

~

“Resign? But why??” Mr Lee asked confused.

“I have some.. personal issues,” I said.

“Are you going to another magazine firm? Don’t you like it here?” he said with slight sadness in his voice.

“No no of course not. I don’t think I’m going to be working anymore..” I said.

“Oh? Did something happened Hyuna? I’ve been your boss for almost 5 years now. You’re not the type who.. doesn’t work,” he said. Why is he making it hard for me…

“Nothing happened Mr Lee. I just want to take care of my husband full time now. He’s been busy and I want to be at home when he gets back from work,” I said. Well technically I didn’t lie. I do want to take care of Junhyung. But that’s just not the reason why I’m quitting.

Mr Lee finally nodded, understandingly. “But just so you know, whenever you decide to come back, please do. I’ve never had such a great employee like you before,” he said sincerely. I smiled and nodded.

 

Gina offered to help me with my things and bring the boxes with me to Junhyung’s car.

“I’m so gonna miss you being around!” she said as she hugged me tight beside Junhyung’s car. Junhyung closed the boot and waited for me and Gina to finish our farewells.

“Me too!”

“I’ll drop by your house whenever I’m free okay? And take care of yourself please,” she said, looking at me. I nodded.

I waved one last time before Junhyung drove off.

“What am I supposed to do at home Junhyung?” I pouted as I slouched into my seat.

“Hm.. Maybe you can try sewing, painting, drawing,..” he suggested.

“I don’t like those kind of things…” I mumbled, crossing my arms. Junhyung puffed his cheeks and tried to look for other ideas.

“Why not we ask Dr Park later? Maybe he have some ideas?” he said.

“Like what? Do aerobics 3 times a day?”

He chuckled. “Come on.. He’s a doctor but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a life.” I blew air through my closed mouth lazily. I don’t like staying at home and Junhyung knows it. Sometimes I wished I had taken the operation. I may not live, but at least its better than living without a life. At least Junhyung doesn’t have to sacrifice anything for me too. Everything would be better if I was dead.

“What?!” Junhyung shouted and stopped the car just in time at the red light. did I just said that out loud? Damn damn damn! I mentally smacked myself in the head and turned to Junhyung blurly.

“What?”

“What did you just say?” he asked frowning at me.

“I didn’t say anything,” I tried to cover up.

“Yes you did Hyuna. I heard it,” he said. He sighed frustratingly and slammed the steering wheel with his fists. I jumped at his anger and moved away slightly from him, leaning on the door.

First, you told me to get married to another girl. Now you’re being suicidal??” he said angrily, glaring at me. I gulped looking at his fierce expression. The only time I’ve seen this side of him is when he was punching on the wall at his own house after a quarel with his father.

My chest started to ache because my heart was beating so fast but I held it in. I bit my lower lip so hard that I could taste my own blood. I even clenched my fist until my nails are sinking into my palm.

“I know this is hard for you. But can you not do this to me?? I can’t live without you! Don’t you see that?? I’m willing to do all these for you because you’re my life. And you can easily say that you’re better of dead??” Junhyung said. Anger and disappointment can be seen clearly in his eyes.

I’m focusing so much on the pain and trying to get my heart back to its normal state that I nearly didn’t catch what he said. Junhyung shook his head and start the car again.

“Don’t this Hyuna.. Please..” he said softly as the anger on his face previously eventually faded but I can tell he was still angry.

“I’m-“ I was about to apologise when he cut me off.

“You’re sorry? Is that it? Then you’re going to say all these again right? What’s the point of apologising Hyuna,” he said without looking at me. His eyebrows were creased to the middle as he drove.

Everything was silent until we reached the hospital. I didn’t like the taste of blood but I had to my lower lip to prevent Junhyung from seeing that I had biten my own lip to hold in the pain. He parked the car at the basement and helped me out. I pushed him slightly as if telling I can walk by myself.

I wasn’t angry with him but I don’t know what else to do. I can’t apologise. What can I do to cool him down?

I walked towards the elevator, clutching on my phone, and I heard him slam the car door shut before locking the car. You’ve gone too far this time Kim Hyuna. He’s really really angry now.

 

My brain was slightly drained. Hahaha~ But anyways, I got no more questions. If you guys have any questions for me, feel free to drop it in your comment okay? :)

Subscribe! Comment! ^^ Thank youuuuu~ <333