The Start

The Story of Us

 

The next morning I woke up after just 2 hours of sleeping. I’m tired but I can’t sleep. Her words kept ringing in my head. I took a quick shower and a simple breakfast of bread and jam before going back to my work.

An hour later, my alarm rang. I heard shuffling sounds from the bedroom and I know Hyuna had woken up by herself. I wanted to just continue with my work fearing that she might say those words again. But I didn’t. Just as I was about to stop my work, I felt someone staring at me by the door.

I turned and saw Hyuna just standing there, looking at me. “Oh morning,” I said with a smile as if nothing happened 3 hours ago.

“Junhyung-ah..” she said softly.

“Do you want breakfast? I’ve prepared it for you,” I said, standing up and walking towards her.

“Junhyung,” she said again.

“Or you want to shower first? I’ll just put your breakfast for you then,” I said, walking passed her. she grabbed my arm, making me stop right beside her.

“Junhyung..”

“If you want to say those words again, I suggest you let go of my arm now,” I said seriously. I saw her shaking her head slightly and she made me turn to face her.

“I’m sorry” I know she wanted to say it loud and confident but it came out as a whisper. I just looked at her, waiting for her to continue.

“I shouldn’t.. say.. what I said yesterday. I didn’t know it would hurt you that much. I just want you to be happy,” she said, sobbing slightly.

I held her shoulders and she looked up at me.

“Hyuna ah.. You are my family. Normal to me is being with you. I don’t need anything more.” I sighed.

“I just need one thing from you. Don’t doubt my love for you. Please?” I said and she nodded profusely. I gave a her a small smile and hugged her tight.

“I love you. I can never love anyone else,” I said.

~

“Yes goodafternoon. May I speak to Dr Park Jaemin?”

“Ok sure I’ll hold.”

“Dr Park? Yes this is Yong Junhyung.”

“May I ask if there is any way you can reduce the number of medicine my wife has to take? Its really tiring for her to take all every 3 hours.”

….

“Really? That’s great! Thank you so much! Yes yes I’m available this afternoon. Thank you again Dr Park. See you later.”

~

I knocked on the door before going into the room. Dr Park looked up from his laptop and smiled at me.

“Ah Mr Yong, good afternoon,” he greeted me warmly. I greeted him back with a bow and took a seat across him.

“So is there really another medicine doctor?” I asked curiously.

“Yes but there are some side effects to it. Its much stronger as compared to the current one. Actually I was only going to prescribe this medication when her muscles are getting weaker but since you really need it, I think it’ll be okay.” I nodded as Dr Park’s explained.

“She only has to take this pill once a day. But she has to take the pink tablet and the syrup twice a day,” he said, showing me the new medication.

“What about the others?”

“She can stop taking those. Try to put it aside so that you won’t mix them up,” he said and gave me the bottle.

I nodded in acknowledgement and after talking for awhile, I thanked him and leave to pay at the counter.

~

Hyuna was really happy when I showed her the new medicine I got that afternoon. Eversince that night, she never said those words again. I’m glad because I never want to hear it. I might just tape if she ever say that again. Which of course, I don’t have the heart to.

2 months passed and I can see how Hyuna’s health had become worse. Even the slightest perfume or any alien smell other than air can make her cough non stop. She started getting breathless so easily that even sleeping can make her restless. But the worse has yet to come. That night, it came.

 

I just reached home after a last minute meeting. I’ve sent Hyuna back home after her work and went back out again. Its already 10pm and I’m assuming Hyuna is already sound asleep. I went into the house and it was pitch dark. I closed the door and went up the stairs slowly as if a step can wake her up.

Suddenly I heard a crash sound. Sound of a broken glass.

“Hyuna??” My heart beats fast and I ran up the stairs and dash straight into our bedroom. I swing the door open and saw Hyuna sitting at the edge of the bed, looking at the broken pieces of glass infront of her.

Her hand was shaking, extended in mid air as if she was still holding onto the glass.

“J-jun..” Her voice shaking as she slowly looked up at me.

I went up to her quickly but careful enough to not step on the glasses. I sat beside her and tears were streaming down her cheeks.

“Baby I’m here..” I said trying to calm her down and reached for her arm. I turned her towards me and hugged her tight.

“What’s happening Junhyung? Why.. w-why..” she stuttered while sobbing on my shirt.

“Shh shh.. Everything is going to be okay..” I said softly, her back.

After she seemed to be out of shock, I let her sit on on the bed while I clean up the broken glass. Dr Park had told me about this. Her muscles will get weak. Which is why she can’t even have a firm grip on the glass.

I poured a glass of water into a plastic cup and held the it for her as she drink.

“What’s happening Junhyung? Why did I drop that glass?” she ask in a whisper.

“Your muscles.. are getting weak Hyuna. But don’t worry.. Coz I’m here. I’ll always be here for you,” I said, holding on her hand, to assure her. She shut her eyes and tears started flowing again. I don’t know how many times she had cried and everytime her tears fall, it breaks my heart.

She took in a deep breath and opened her eyes. She tried her best to force out a small smile. “I’m okay,” she said nodding her head. She’s convincing herself more than she’s trying to convince me. I believe in her. She can do this. I will always be with her.

The rest of the night was silent. Hyuna didn’t talk much. It seems as if she wants to gather her energy for doing work so that she won’t need my help. I brought up the food I had cooked for the both of us to the bedroom. We rarely even use the living room and dining table anymore with both of us busy working.

I placed the tray on the bed and wanted to feed her but she placed a hand over mine and shook her head with a smile. “You eat,” she said simply. I just nodded and smiled back.

I was about to take my bowl when the bowl that Hyuna was about to pick up fell back on the tray. She stared at the bowl and her fist slowly formed into a fist. Her jaws clenched. She wasn’t sad. She was frustrated that she can’t even pick up her own bowl. I took her bowl and pick up the spoon.

“Its not wrong for me to feed my own wife right?” I said, raising an eyebrow. She pursed her lips and looked up at me. She tried to smile and nod.

“We’ll eat together. We’ll take turns eating okay?” I said, trying to brighten the gloomy situation a little bit. She just chuckled. It been a long time since I hear her laugh though I don’t know if that was a fake or genuine one.

 

~~~

Thank you so muchh yall for talking to me. I tried to reply to all of you but sometimes I just don't know what to reply. I don't really talk much actually. I like to listen more. :) But anyways, right now I'm listening to Seo In Guk's Broken on replay. Its a nice song! :) For me at least. No I'm not gonna ask your fav song. Instead, what's the current song you're listening to when you're reading this? Can be before you read this or during. Just wondering. :))

So... Subscribe! Comment! Upvote! Yeah? :D

(btw did you guys see our baby Junhyung being all cute in Twitter today? Well if you have one. He's using cute emoticons and all! Hahahha! XD)

tumblr_mf13erJUUx1qc7p5do1_r1_500.gif