Going to Work

The Story of Us

As he had promised, he took me to work after I’ve rested for a few days. I know he needed to get to the studio as soon as possible when I heard him talking to his manager on the phone but he tried to hide it from me and told me he’s not rushing to work. I got ready as quickly as possible so that we could go out earlier.

“I’ll call you every 3 hours. Remember to keep your handphone on okay?” he said, turning to me from the driver’s seat as we reached the building.

“Yes Junhyung. Can you relax? I’m not handicap you know,” I said, caressing his cheek. I chuckled but he wasn’t the least bit amused.

“I’m worried. Are you sure you want to go to work? I can work alone and support the both of us, really,” he said sincerely.

“I know you can. But while I still can work, I want to. When I really can’t take it then I’ll quit.”

He looked at me as if not sure if he want to let me go. I decided to just make the decision for him. I took off the seatbelt and leaned forward, kissing him softly on the lips.

“See you later ja-gi-ya~” I said and got out of the car quickly before he could grab hold of my hand and drive me back home. I’m not sure if he would really do that but its good to be prepared. I closed the door and waved at him through the window. I saw him sigh and gave a small smile as if admitting defeat. He waved back and mouthed ‘I love you’ in the car with a pout at the end. I giggled and went inside.

I was welcomed warmly by all my collegues and some even gave me flowers and small teddy bears. They didn’t know about my sickness. They only know that I got into the hospital after collapsing in the office that day. I decided to just let it be that way. I don’t want anymore symphathy from people. Junhyung’s care is enough.

There was a knock at the door when I was just sitting at my office chair, looking around me. Gina peeked at the door before walking in with a wide smile on her face.

“Can I come in?” she asked.

I chuckled. “You already did.” She just grinned and went to sit across me. Gina had been my close friend eversince we both started working in Posh!. We met during the interview and started became friends since then.

“Sorry I didn’t visit you at the hospital. I figured I couldn’t get in with all the fans outside. You’ve become popular eversince you married Junhyung,” she said.

“Yeah you can say that. Its okay. I’m already here right now right?”

She nodded with a smile. “How are you? What did the doctor say? Are you like, pregnant?” she asked me in one breath.

I raised an eyebrow. “Pregnant?? What makes you think that way??”

“I mean you kind of fainted. Isn’t that how preganant women should be?” she tilted her head.

“Um.. I don’t think so Gina,” I said. She just pouted and nodded.

“So what did the doctor say?” she asked again. Should I tell her? Gina’s kinda cool about things. She won’t really overreact or spread the word when she’s not supposed to.

“You promise you won’t tell anyone? Promise?” I said. She nodded quickly as if her life depends on it.

I bit my lower lip. “I have.. a.. tumor. Near my heart.” Her eyes widened and she raised her eyebrows.

“Is it serious? Do they have like.. a cure?” she asked worriedly. I stared at my table.

“Operation. But its fatal so I don’t think I’m going to do it,” I said.

“How’s Junhyung?”

I moved my attention to the a picture frame on the table of me and Junhyung together on out honeymoon.

“He’s been really understanding and caring. Too caring in fact. He nearly didn’t let me go to work anymore,” I said chuckling.

“I feel him. I mean seriously, what are you still doing here?”

I sighed. “I’m okay. The doctor said the tumor will grow. Now when it is still small and I am still capable of working, why not?”

“Just make sure you don’t overwork like you always do. I admire your hardwork but if it affects your health, please don’t. If you don’t care about yourself, at least think of Junhyung,” Gina said.

I smiled. “I know I know. Thanks Gina. I’ve never seen you being concerned.”

“I’ve always been concerned okay! I just don’t bother to show it,” she smirked. I just laughed and shook my head.

After talking for awhile the both of us got back to our work before we got the look from our boss. The work that I had to complete the day I collapse was already completed by a group of other editors. Now I have another set of columns to edit before its being published for the month.

My phone beeped continously and I glanced at it. It was my 3 hour alarm. I sighed and stopped my work hesitantly. I took out the bottles of pills and syrup along with the syringe and solution that is to be injected, from my pouch and placed them neatly on the table. I took a picture of myself putting the pill on my tongue before swallowing them and did the same for all the other pills.

As for the syrup, I took a picture of the syrup on the plastic spoon before taking it. Whoever see me doing this must think I’m crazy. Next was the most hardest thing to do. Junhyung had taught me how and where to inject the solution on my arm as detailed as he can. I’m already scared enough of jabs and now I have to do it myself. I can’t close my eyes obviously.

I looked around for a solution and saw Junhyung’s picture on my handphone’s screensaver. This will do.

I took the last picture which is of me about to inject myself before locking my phone and letting it go on screensaver mode. I placed the phone on my arm, just right above the place where I’m supposed to insert the tip of the syringe. I looked at his picture while inserting the sharp part into my arm. I winced at the sharp pain but continued as I look at his picture for strength.

At last, I was done. I heaved a long sigh and placed all the medicine back into my medicine pouch. After that I selected all the pictures I’ve taken and sent it in a message to Junhyung. I typed a caption saying ‘I took all my medicine like a good girl Junnie. You don’t have to worry okay? Love you!’.

Seeing that he didn’t call me, he was probably busy which I understand. That is why I decided to just send him the picture so he will be less worried.

After a few minutes he called me. I just smiled and answered the call.

“Hey~” he said.

I chuckled. “Did you like my pictures?”

“I’m sorry I got caught up with work just now. I was about to call you when my manager dragged me to the meeting room. Are you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah I’m okay. Don’t worry Jun.. I can take care of myself at work. You just focus on your work okay?”

I heard him sigh. “Okayyyy….” He said dragging his word. I was chuckling when I heard his manager calling him.

“Baby I have to go…” he said sadly.

“Okay.. I have to go back to my work too. See you tonight?” I asked.

“I’ll pick you up,” he said.

“Junhyung….” I whined.

“No no. I’ll pick you up no matter what. Even if I’m in the middle of singing, I’ll stop and tell the audience I have to pick up my wife,” he said seriously.

“Yong Junhyung!” I stomped my feet slightly. As if he can hear.

He laughed. “Okay okay. I’ll make sure I end work in time to pick you up. Don’t you dare go home alone Hyuna.”

“Fine.. When I end work, I’ll just text you to let you know. Okay you should go now. Love you Junnie!” I said and hang up before he could whine any further.

 

I thought I give Hyuna a friend since in WPH she doesnt seem to have any. :P

Subscribe && Comment! <333

This is for all of you! Its to remember some good times and also I love this song :)