One Week

The Story of Us

 

My mouth was already hanging open. “Wow that’s really great news!” I said happily, hugging Hyerin tightly.

“Congrats man. You’re gonna be a father!” Junhyung said to Yoseob.

“How long?” I asked.

“About 2 months. Hyerin here didn’t feel any different so we actually didn’t know. Until she realised she missed her period,” Yoseob said and we laughed short.

We spend the remaining time chatting about their excitement about the new member of the family. I took glances at Junhyung who was talking and smiling happily. But I know beneath all thse smiles and laughter, there has to be a slight tinge of jealousy. It aches me again and again that we can never reveal this news.

Junhyung’s phone rang and he excused himself to pick up the call. After talking for awhile, he walked back to us.

“Jin Taek hyung is here. I guess I’ll be going now,” he said hesitantly.

“Oh okay. Do you want us to see you off at the airport?” Yoseob asked, standing up.

“Um its okay. Just see me off here,” he smiled. The three of us stood up and Yoseob took Junhyung bag and passed it to him. Yoseob and Hyerin hugged Junhyung goodbye and then he turned to me.

“We’ll give you two some time alone,” they said and walked off to the kitchen.

“I’ll see you in one week,” he said, tucking my hair behind my ear. I just smiled and nodded.

He cupped my face and looked at me. “Wae~?” I asked, chuckling.

“I don’t wanna go..” he whined.

“I tell what. You go, and I promise to give you a surprise when you come back,” I said.

“Surprise? What is it?” he asked.

“If I tell you then its not a surprise!” I pouted, smacking his his arm.

“Ayee.. Just give it to me now..” he said, hugging my waist and pulling me closer to him.

I laughed. “No no no.. You have to go to Italy first and then I’ll give you. When you come back!” I said.

He sighed and hugged me tight. “I’ll miss you,” he said softly.

“Me too,” I said, snuggling my face on his shoulder.

After some time Junhyung was still not letting go.

“Yah Yong Junhyung. You’re going to miss your flight,” I said.

“I don’t care. Let me miss my flight,” he said.

“And get shouted by many people. Come on.. you have to go now,” I said, breaking the hug slowly.

He pouted like a child and nodded. Junhyung then leaned forward and kissed my forehead, cheeks and lips at the end.

“I’ll call you when I land,” he said.

I chuckled. “You sound like you’re going for the army or something.”

“It sure feels like it,” he sulked.

I walked him outside and waved him goodbye when the car drove off. I let out a sigh when I felt somebody plaving an arm across my shoulder from behind. I looked over my shoulder and saw Hyerin.

“He’ll be back. Don’t worry,” she smiled. I simply smiled back.

 

Hyerin and I spent the rest of the night after dinner looking for baby things online. She was so excited that she wanted to buy every thing that she see.

“You don’t know the gender yet right?” I asked.

“Nope. But its okay. I’ll look for blue and pink things. Heee~” she grinned.

“That’s really stereotyping you know. Boys are supposed to have blue things and girls, pink. Why not try some other colour?” I said.

“Hmm… Any suggestions?” she asked, turning to me.

“What about…orange for girls? So they are bright and cheerful. And… purple for boys?”

“Ew no! I mean for the purple. The orange is a good idea! But the purple is a no-no,” she said, shaking her head.

“Why not?” I asked.

“People said purple is an international gay colour. I don’t want my son to be gay!” she said.

I chuckled. “But Barney is purple! And he makes people happy!”

“That’s why people said Barney is gay,” she said softly as if its forbidden to say aloud.

I raised an eyebrow. But he’s a fictional character.. How do people know if he’s even male? He could be a lady with a deep voice for all you know.

“So I’m guessing you’re not going to let you future child watch Barney?” I asked.

She chuckled. “I think so. I’ll let him or her watch Thomas the train!”

I laughed. “Why? Coz he’s blue?”

“No no.. Yoseob oppa looks like him!” she grinned. We just laughed afterwards and continued scrolling for baby things.

“So I think boys stick with blue then,” I said.

“Yeah. Boys don’t suit with many colours. That’s boring..” she said.

 

At about 11.30pm, both of us were already getting sleepy. Yoseob showed me to my room and wished me goodnight before closing the door and going back to their own bedroom. With Junhyung always by my side eversince we got to know about the tumour, I feel extremely lonely now that he’s gone. One week Hyuna. Its just one week.

After taking a quick shower I went to my bag to take my medicine. I was at my last pill when my phone vibrated.

“Hello~” I said with smile although he can’t see.

“Hey baby.. You’re not asleep yet? Or did I wake you?” he said. His voice sounded tired but he still calls.

“Nope. I was just taking my medicine when you called. Going to sleep soon I guess,” I said.

“Ahh.. Then sleep okay? I just called to tell you that I’ve landed. And hear your voice,” he said tiredly. I chuckled.

“You sound tired Junhyung. You sleep too okay?”

“I’m not sleepy. I need you here..” he said.

“Okay. I’ll go to Italy now. Wait for me yeah?” I said.

“Ayee no no… I’ll just fly back to you,” he said.

“Very funny. You sound like you didn’t sleep for weeks. Take a shower and sleep on your five star hotel bed. You need to be freshed up tomorrow,” I said.

“Do you know that it’s still afternoon here?” he said.

“Oh! I forgot about the different timezones,” I chuckled.

“Yes. Which is why you need to sleep. Not me,” he said.

“But you just landed. You must be so tired right? Go take a rest,” I said.

“Okay okay. I won’t be disturbing you then. Goodnight baby. I love you,” he said, kissing the phone.

I laughed. “I love you too Jun,” I said, doing the same kissing sound that he did.

We hang up together and I took my last pill. I guess tonight is going to be a lonely night for both of us. I stared at our picture on my wallpaper for awhile before going to sleep.

tumblr_mc5r2fGIft1rotsoao3_r2_500.gif

Comment && Subscribe! ^^

(And no offence to people who like purple. I have many purple things myself! ^^)