When its time, its time

The Story of Us

Junhyung was just stunned. He just looked at Hyuna as if he didn’t hear what she just said. Hyuna waved her hand infront of his face, checking if his soul is still there with her.

“Junhyung? Did you hear what I said?” she asked.

He cleared his throat and snapped out of his daze. “This is my surprise?”

Hyuna pouted slightly. “Wae? You don’t like it?”

“No no its not that I don’t like it. Its just.. erm.. Why so sudden?” he asked. Junhyung got back from Italy that afternoon with Hyuna already waiting for him at home. They had their dinner and talked on and on about how everything had been without each other around. As Junhyung just finished showering and was changing to his night clothes, Hyuna sat on the bed and asked him if he wanted his surprise then. Junhyung got excited all of a sudden since he actually forgotten about it.

“Well its not that sudden. You were away and I did some thinking.. So yeah,” Hyuna smiled.

“You’re doing this for me right? Because you want to give me a ‘normal’ family?” Junhyung asked.

Hyuna chuckled. “I do love you Jun but don’t flatter yourself. I’m doing this for myself and also for you in a way. But definitely not solely for you.”

“What have you been thinking about until you reach to this decision??” Junhyung was starting to panic but he doesn’t know why. Just the thought of Hyuna actually going through the surgery is frightening enough for him.

Hyuna looked at him weirdly. She expected some panicky reactions from Junhyung but seeing it herself was way different from what she had imagined.

“Will you relax? Its not that I’m saying I want to die. I want to go for the surgery, to remove the tumour.. To make myself healthier,” she his back gently.

“If there’s no risk, I would be more than willing to send you to the operation theatre. There’s a risk. A fatal risk,” Junhyung said seriously.

“I know. But look at it this way. If its my time to go, even if I don’t go through the surgery, I would die soon. I would die in an accident or fall down the stairs, or-“

Junhyung covered with his hand. “Stop. I don’t even want to hear it.”

Hyuna sighed. “What I’m saying is, I don’t want to die not trying to cure myself. If its not my time to go, the surgery would be a success. But if its my time, even if I don’t do the surgery, I would go. We cannot escape death Jun.”

Junhyung looked at her, deep into her eyes, trying to really understand her intentions. He should stop thinking about himself and start thinking about her. Maybe she’s tired of taking those medicines everyday. Tired of feeling sick. Tired of depending on other people.

“Hm?” Hyuna asked again, looking at him with pleading eyes.

“We’ll.. we’ll go and see the doctor tomorrow. Ask for advice. Okay?” he said eventually.

Hyuna’s smile widened and nodded. “Do you want a massage?” she asked happily.

“I think I need more than just a massage right now…” Junhyung said, rubbing his temples. Hyuna smacked his back.

“I meant Aspirin!”

 

They went to the hospital as planned the next day and met Dr Park. When Hyuna told him what she had told Junhyung the previous night, she was met with the same stunned reaction. But since Dr Park is a doctor, he got passed the stunned stage quite quickly.

“Why the sudden decision Mrs Yong?” he asked.

“I just thought over things and I came to the conclusion that I don’t want to die without trying,” she said calmly. He glanced at Junhyung and Junhyung gave an expression showing that there’s nothing he could do to change her mind anymore.

“But the surgery.. The precentage of success is really low. Are you sure you want to do this?” he asked. Hyuna just nodded confidently.

“Well.. I see that there’s nothing that can make you change your mind. I respect your decision Mrs Yong. When do you want to undergo the surgery?” Dr Park asked.

“As soon as possible,” Hyuna said before Junhyung could even discuss anything with her.

Dr Park looked through a book while the two of them just waited.

“How about.. 3 days from now?” he asked, still looking at the book.

“3 DAYS??” Junhyung accidentally shouted. Dr Park immediately looked up.

“Erm.. You want it to be later?” he asked nervously.

“No no. 3 days is good,” Hyuna in and just held Junhyung hand to calm him down. Junhyung turned to Hyuna, giving her the are-you-serious and pleading-desperately look when Hyuna just ignored him and smiled to the doctor.

“Well.. um okay. I’ll go get some documents printed for you to sign then. Excuse me,” Dr Park said and went to another side of the office.

“3 days?? Isn’t that too fast?!” Junhyung said. Hyuna turned to him and smiled.

“It’ll be okay. The faster the better. So I won’t change my mind,” she chuckled.

“Isn’t that better? So you can think this through more?” he said.

“I’ve done enough thinking Jun. Now all I want is to get the surgery done with,” she said.

Junhyung looked at her warily. “You’re not having like some kind of a death wish right? I still remember the time when you ‘accidentally’ said you wanted to die okay.”

Hyuna laughed out loud, smacking Junhyung in the process. “Death wish?? I’m not suicidal anymore. Don’t worry. Like I said, if its time, its time.”

 

After signing the papers and all, they went home. Junhyung immediately noted down the day of the surgery in his phone calendar. He tried his best to reduce the amount of schedules he have for the next 3 days so that he can spend more time with Hyuna. He tried to think positively about the surgery but he just couldn’t. The only thing that could soothe his heart when thinking about the surgery is Hyuna’s smile. She had never smiled so much eversince they got to know about the tumour. She was happy. Happy that she got to do what she wanted. And what she wanted is the surgery.

Junhyung was going to work right after breakfast. As he walked down the stairs, he saw her cleaning up the table. He rushed down to help her.

“You don’t have to clean these. I’ll clean it okay? You’ve already cooked breakfast. Go and rest,” Junhyung said taking the plate from Hyuna’s hand.

“I’m fine. You know sme days I can do work like normal right? Well today is one of those days! Go to work! You’ll be late,” she said taking back the plate.

“But I’ve never seen you so.. full of energy before,” Junhyung said.

“I know right? I feel different too. Like I’m not even sick. But of course I am,” Hyuna chuckled.

Junhyung just looked at her. “You’re not acting like everything is okay so that you won’t worry me right? I’m more worried to be honest.”

“Yes I know you very well. I’m sick and weak, you’re worried. I’m happy and full of energy, you’re still worried. So why do I even bother to act? Come on. Go to work. You can check up on me whenever you’re free later,” Hyuna said.

“Fine.. But if there’s anything you need help with, call me. Don’t think. Just call,” Junhyung said, giving a kiss on her cheek.

Hyuna smiled and nodded.

 

Junhyung just finished his performance and went to the waiting room where he shared with another two idols.

He sat on one of the couches, dead tired. He took out his phone and just stared at the screen, contemplating whether he should call her or not.

“Yah. Are you okay?” Doojoon asked.

Junhyung sighed. “You know Hyuna..”

“Yes I know Hyuna. She’s all over the news when you married her,” Doojoon chuckled.

“I’m not finished!” Junhyung frowned, throwing a tissue box at him.

Doojoon laughed. “Okay okay. Yes continue please.”

“Hyuna.. Lately she’s been so happy. Too happy actually. And just… full of energy. I;m worried,” Junhyung said.

“She’s happy and you’re worried?” Doojoon raised an eyebrow.

“She’s not usually this happy okay. And full of energy. Like, really full of energy,” Junhyung tried to explain without telling Doojoon that Hyuna is sick.

“Hm.. Well um.. Don’t take this the wrong way. I’m just saying what I know. It might not even apply to Hyuna,” he started. Junhyung guessed that he might say Hyuna is having an affair or something. He know that’s not the case so he’s ready to roll his eyes and say that Hyuna isn’t that type of person.

“You know how people say.. When a person acts differently than how they were, usually that means their time is near..” Doojoon said softly.

Junhyung frowned slightly. Their time is near? What time?

If its time, its time.

“Yah! Don’t sprout nonsense!” Junhyung shouted angrily and threw a pillow at his head.

“I’m just saying what I know!” Doojoon defended himself, rubbing his head. Junhyung pouted, sulking away. He already felt like crying. That can be it right?

 


Hiiiiiiiiiiii~! I change the point of view to a NO POV story. I hope you don't mind. Its easier that way for me. Unless I reaaalllyyy need to show one of the POV, then I'll write it. But until then, its NO POV from now on :)