Anew

The Story of Us

The doctor smiled. “The surgery went well. She’s still unconscious. But in about an hour or slightly less, she’ll be awake.”

Junhyung sighed heavily in relief and he thought he might just collapse right here due to the tension.

He shook the doctor’s hand and thanked him again and again.

Hyuna was transferred back to her own ward and Junhyung just sat by her. He her hair lovingly, looking at her.

“It’s over baby. The fight is finally over. You’re okay now,” he said softly. “Thank you for convincing me to take this risk with you. Thank you dear.”

Junhyung kissed the back of her hand that he was holding and at the same time a tear dropped from his eyes. He just couldn’t put into words the feeling he felt at that time. All the mixed of positive emotions filled his heart. The main thing is that he’s grateful that she’s safe and still by his side.

 

After about an hour, Hyuna’s finger started moving slightly.

“Hyuna? Baby?” Junhyung called out and hurried to move closer to her. Her eyes fluttered open, little by little and finally he could finally see her beautiful eyes again.

Junhyung’s lips automatically formed a smile. “Wait here okay. I’ll call the doctor.”

He kissed her forehead before quickly leaving the room to get the doctor as told earlier.

After doing some checks and confirming that everything was reacting normally, the doctor and nurses went out, leaving Junhyung and Hyuna some time alone. She still has to come back for a few more appointments just to go through some checkups. But other than that, she’s good as new.

“Hey… How are you feeling?” Junhyung asked gently.

“Okay. Just still a bit dizzy,” she replied. He just gave her a small smile and nodded.

“I bet when the numbness is gone, its going to be so painful,” Hyuna pouted.

Junhyung caressed her cheek softly. “Just slightly. Its okay I’m here. If its too painful, you… erm.. You can bite my hand.”

Hyuna narrowed her eyes. “Don’t make me laugh. I can’t laugh so much yet.”

“I’m not! Really. Just bite my hand. We’ll share the pain together okay? I’m just happy you’re safe now,” Junhyung said.

Hyuna can just manage a smile and nod.

 

When Hyuna could return back home, Junhyung had to start on his schedules again. He had already taken so many off days while taking care of her in the hospital. Hyuna said she could take care of herself at home but as usual, being the slightly paranoid Junhyung, he even hired a private nurse to take care of her while he’s away.

Despite Hyuna getting well quite fast, they don’t really have much time together as much as they hoped for. Junhyung sometimes accidentally spent too much time in the studio and got back home late. He’s only human. As much as he tries to balance both work and life, he would tend to be more towards another side.

When Hyuna was sick, his mind would be too filled with worry, he can’t even focus on his work- what’s more composing songs. But now that he knows Hyuna is fit and healthy again, he could focus more easily and not to mention inspiration hits him right on when thinking back of his own feelings during the time he was outside the operating theatre.

Hyuna understands. She could see that he always tries his best to spend more time with her even when he’s tired from a full day of schedules. She’s glad at the same time that he’s back to his normal working life and not spend his whole life just worrying about her.

However, lately Junhyung felt something change with his body. He gets tired way too easily. Not the normal no-stamina type of fatigue.

 

“Junhyung-ah, did you fall?”

Junhyung looked up from his writing pad with a questioning look on his face. He was in his studio as usual with Taejoo, his composing partner, when suddenly the older asked him that question while pointing to the area near his elbow.

“Huh?” he replied blurly and turned his attention to his arm. There was a slight blueish-black bruise on his arm.

“Oh? I didn’t noticed it. Did I hit something hard?” he thought out loud.

Taejoo chuckled. “You don’t even remember if you hit anything. Put some warm pack or towel on it when you get home.”

Junhyung just nodded and they went back to work.

 

He was too busy to notice but he realised he’s been told by many different people of some bruises he got. All of them asked the same thing; Did you fall? You hit something? Rough night?

Junhyung just got into the waiting room, waiting for his makeup artist to come. As he was sitting on the couch, he did a self body check.

Junhyung frowned as he spotted about 3-4 light bruises on his arms and 1 slightly bigger bruise on his leg. He don’t remember falling or getting hit by anything hard. Sure he had bumped into some table edges or the side entrance of a door, but that’s about it. Nothing serious.

 

Junhyung was downing his can of coke when Doojoon commented. “Woah slow down man. Have you not drink for like 5 years? That’s like your fifth can!”

Junhyung rolled his eyes. “I’m just very thirsty okay.”

“And are you like really busy nowadays that you don’t get enough rest? You seemed like you lost weight,” Gikwang, also known as AJ, said.

“Have I really? Coz that’s what Hyuna said too,” Junhyung said.

Both of his friends nodded. “Get some rest Junhyung-ah. You work too much,” Gikwang said.

“I know I work too much but I still eat a lot. I even ate breakfast since Hyuna made them for me already. In the middle of work I ate lunch, I eat the food fans give, dinner even. And when I got home, if Hyuna cooked dinner already and she haven’t ate coz she was waiting for me, I eat dinner again with her. I eat a lot!”

Gikwang and Doojoon were both clueless. “That’s weird.. Maybe you should see a doctor,” Doojoon said.

“I’m not sick,” Junhyung said a little bit too defensively.

“I know you’re not. Just a checkup won’t hurt right? Just maybe ask the doctor what you’ve been eating wrong since you ate a lot but you didn’t gain weight. You even lost weight!” Doojoon said.

Junhyung pouted slightly and took another sip of his coke. He sighed and just nodded, agreeing to the suggestion.

 

 

Sorry for any grammatical errors or any other errors. I'm really sleepy right now so I'll proof read later maybe^^