Fate Accepted

The Story of Us

Author's Note: I don't really like to delay the of the story so here it is, in Chapter 2. kekeke^^ 

 

 

I was in the office, typing my life away, editing for the latest issue of the magazine. I was quite worried I couldn’t finish it on time and as I typed, my heart even beats faster and faster. Suddenly I felt like I was panting. As if I just finished running. I stopped typing abruptly as I felt my heart beating abnormally fast and I was breathless. The fast beating made my chest hurt and I clutched onto it to try to release the pain. What’s happening? Why am I like this? I can’t.. breathe..

The next moment, my world went black.

 

I opened my eyes slowly and noticed that I’m in a room, lying on a bed. I looked to my left and saw Junhyung sitting beside me with his head on the bed. His hand was holding tightly onto mine. I was in a hospital.

I looked to my other side and saw that it was dark outside. It must already be night. Night?? What about my work??

 I sat up too quickly that I woken Junhyung. He looked up shockingly and looked at me panickly. “Baby what’s wrong?” he asked worriedly.

“My work. I haven’t finish-“ Junhyung hushed me before I could continue.

“You need to rest baby. You fainted. Don’t you remember?” he said, my hair gently.

I looked around anxiously. “But-“

“Baby I’m sure it can be postponed or something. Your health is more important,” he said and raised his eyebrows slightly.

It didn’t really calm me down and my heart was starting to hurt again. “Ahh…” I groaned as I clutched onto my chest.

“Hyuna?? Are you okay? I’ll call the doctor!” he said quickly and rushed outside. The doctor rushed in quickly and checked on me as Junhyung waited impatiently by my side.

The doctor told me to take in deep breaths slowly and I did what I was told. While I did that, one of the nurse my chest gently but applying a slight pressure onto it. Soon I was back to normal and the pain was almost gone.

“Mrs Yong, you cannot be too agitated or anything that makes your heart beat fast,” the doctor advised me.

“Is anything wrong with my wife doctor?” Junhyung asked worriedly, holding my hand.

The doctor looked down for a second before meeting Junhyung’s eyes. “Mr Yong, your wife has a tumor near her heart. It got bigger and if her heart beats a little too fast, it will hit the tumor and that causes the pain,” he said carefully.

“If it grows bigger, it might occupy the space of her heart, making it harder for her to breathe,” he explained. He pursed his lips and turned to me. I didn’t realise tears were already welled up in my eyes until a tear fell onto my cheek.

“It can be prevented but if you want it to be cured… it can be fatal,” he said slowly.

My mouth was slightly ajar as I gasped softly. Junhyung sat beside me and hugged me by the side, kissing my temple and rested his forehead on mine. Our intertwined hands were shaking so I’m not sure if its his hand or mine that was shaking. Maybe its both.

“I’ll give you two some time,” the doctor said and walked out of the room with the nurse.

I was crying terribly by the time the door closes, leaning on Junhyung’s chest and he hugged me tighter. “Jun… Jun.. I don’t want… I don’t want to..” I couldn’t even finish my sentence but Junhyung didn’t let me finish anyway.

“We’ll go through this together okay? I promise you baby, I won’t leave you no matter what happens,” he said but his voice was trembling.

We stayed in each others’ arms just crying. I know I didn’t suffer from those fatal kinds of illness but its just too painful to know a news like that. I’m sick. I’m bringing a burden to Junhyung’s life. He doesn’t deserve this.

 

The next day I was discharged from the hospital around noon. Junhyung cancelled all his schedules to bring me home. I was still a little bit weak. My sickness has not come to the stage yet when I become weak but I had been crying the whole night that I was too tired and my body felt lifeless. As Junhyung came into the room, he smiled. I know he wants to be strong for me. I should be strong for myself too. I smiled back.

I could see faint black circles around his eyes and his face was quite tired. He leaned forward and pecked my forehead lightly.

“Morning baby..” he said lovingly and sat on the chair beside my bed.

“I’m discharged at noon. Why did you come now?” I asked. I want him to rest more.

“Wae? You don’t like me here? I just don’t want you to be alone. That’s all,” he said and smiled tiredly.

“But you look tired Junhyung. You should rest more,” I said, caressing his chubby cheeks.

He shook his head slightly. “I’m not tired,” he said simply. I’m too tired to argue about how tired he looks so I just let him be. No matter how I argue, he will still stay anyway.

“Have you eaten?” he asked, holding my hand and caressing it softly with his thumb.

I shook my head. “The food ,” I complained.

“Really?” he pretended to be shocked. I smacked his shoulder weakly and he chuckled.

He stood up and walked towards my breakfast that was on the table that was attached to my bed. “Well I happen to have magical hands. Whatever I touch becomes delicious,” he said.

“Oh really..” I said smiling.

“Yes my dear. Now let’s see what do we have here…” he said looking at the food on the tray.

“Rice and vegetables.. hmm.. It does ,” he commented.

“Told you so. So how does your magic hands going to change it from being y?” I challenged him.

He took the tray at looked at the food carefully as he walked back towards his seat. But this time he sat on the bed instead, facing me. He placed the tray on his lap and lifted both his hands up. I raised an eyebrow.

“Magic magic hands~ Make this food taste like the best food in the world so that my lovely wife can eat it~” he chanted, wriggling his fingers towards the tray. I chuckled at his foolish act.

“Done! Let’s try shall we?” he said. I pursed my lips to prevent myself form laughing and nodded.

He took a spoonful of rice and place some green vegetables on top of it. His eyes lit up exaggeratedly as he chewed on the rice. “This.. this is like the best rice ever!” he said with his mouth full.

I shook my head in disbelief. How old do you think I am Yong Junhyung??

“Try it! It’s really nice!” he said taking another spoonful of rice and vegetables, putting it near my mouth. I just stared at him.

“Really.. You don’t trust me?” he said. Fine. I’ll play along.

I opened my mouth and he fed me. I imitate his actions when he was eating the rice. “Wow! You’re right! This is the best rice ever!” I said.

His eyes widened and nodded once as if to say, “I told you just now didn’t I?”

“Let’s eat somemore okay?” he said happily and kept on feeding me. I ate the food without complaining but was struggling not to chuckle. I cannot believe you actually made me eat it Junhyung..

 

I'm seriously hoping none of my readers is a doctor coz I kinda made this up? I searched about it and there is a heart tumour. Just that some of the things that will happen coz of this tumour might not be true in real life. I mean this is a fiction right? :))

For those who had upvoted the story, THANK YOU SO MUCHH!! For those who haven't, I hope you will in the future (?) 

I LOVE YOU ALL!! <33