Results

The Story of Us

“What schedules I have today?” Junhyung asked his manager.

“Not much. Oh, but you have that doctor’s appointment you told me to make last week,” Jin Taek said, checking his phone. Junhyung bit his lip slightly and nodded. He was confident nothing was wrong with him. He didn’t feel any pain or something seriously wrong with his body. Its just that he gets tired easily. And the bruises? Well maybe he’s too busy he didn’t even realised he had hit on something hard.

After finishing his schedules from morning till about afternoon, Jin Taek send Junhyung to the hospital. Junhyung find it more confidential if he did a checkup at the hospital rather than a normal clinic.

 

“Hello Mr Yong. How can I help you?” Dr Lee asked politely as Junhyung took a seat infront of her.

“You can just call me Junhyung. I’m not really used to these formalities,” Junhyung chuckled nervously.

Dr Lee just smiled and nodded. “So Junhyung-ssi? Is there anything I can help you with?”

“Erm.. You see.. I’ll just go straight to the point. I don’t feel any pain or anything different whatsoever but I’ve been getting these bruises on my arms and at times my leg. And I’ve been eating a lot. Like, more than before but my wife and friends said I looked like I’ve lost weight. Is there..something wrong with me?” Junhyung asked nervously.

“Hm.. Let me do some basic checkups first before I could confirm anything,” Dr Lee said. Junhyung just nodded and followed through the checkups.

“Okay Junhyung-ssi. The results will be ready in about 3 to 4 days time. I will call you when its ready,” Dr Lee informed him.

As Junhyung was about to go out of the room, Dr Lee added, “Oh and one more thing. Just for precaution, avoid taking too much sugar. Like sweets, chocolates or sweet drinks.”

 

He followed what the doctor said such as sweets, chocolates or anything too sugary. But Junhyung was still quite stubborn. He still couldn’t quit his coke intake. He tried to cut down the intake but he still took bout 2-3 cans a day.

He was on his way to a rehearsal when a call came in.

“Hello?”

“Hello Junhyung-ssi. This is Dr Lee. I’ve gotten the results for your checkup about 3 days back? Can I know when you will be free to come and collect the results?” Dr Lee asked.

“Oh its out? Erm.. I’ve been quite busy lately. Can you mail the results instead?” Junhyung said nicely.

“Oh right. Sure. But you have to set a follow up appointment as soon as possible so I can tell you more about it,” she said.

“Erm.. Sorry Dr Lee. But, can you tell me now what the result say? Just briefly. Is there really something wrong with me?” he asked.

Dr Lee remained quiet for awhile. “I’m sorry to say this Junhyung-ssi. You have type 2 diabetes.”

Junhyung froze on the phone. He didn’t know what else to say. He didn’t know much about diabetes and now he’s having Type 2. Just the number itself suggests that it’s a higher level of diabetes than the normal one.

“Junhyung-ssi? I know you must be quite shocked right now. I just want to remind you that you need to set a follow-up appointment so that I can advice your diet and the medications you have to take,” Dr Lee said gently.

Junhyung took a deep breath and nodded to himself. “Okay. I’ll make another appointment soon. Thank you doctor.”

Both of them hang up almost the same time. Junhyung just stared at the back of the seat infront of him.

 

“Junhyung-ah, we’re here,” Jin Taek said, snapping Junhyung out of his thoughts. He got really quiet after that call. He just followed where his manager took him, rehearsed (though his mind is not fully on the rehearsal) and went to the next schedule quickly. He became like a soulless body for a moment. Jin Taek kept on asking why he was being so quiet but he just shook his head.

He was no doubt hungry. The food and drink was already placed nicely infront of him, just waiting for him to eat. But he afraid. Will this type of food make his diabetes worse? Will it go to Type 3? Is there even a Type 3?

“You’re not hungry?” his concerned manager asked. Junhyung just nodded slowly and took the spoon.

“Yah. Are you okay? You’ve been strangely quiet today. Something wrong?”

Junhyung smiled half heartedly and shook his head.

After everything was over, he wasn’t ready to go home. He don’t know how to face Hyuna even though she doesn’t know anything yet. She went through the risk of a surgery just to be healthy and so that they could lead a normal happy life. And there he is now. Sick.

Did he kill someone in his previous life to deserve all these cycle of unfortunate events? Is karma getting back at him for something he did before? He’s sick of all these happening to him. To them.

 

“I’m home,” Junhyung said monotonously as he took off his shoes and closed the front door.

“I’m in the kitchen!” he heard Hyuna say cheerfully.

Junhyung placed his bag on the couch in the living room and went straight to the kitchen. As he stepped into the kicthen, he saw about 3 to 5 different colours of frosting and baked cupcakes on trays.

“I made cupcakes!” Hyuna grinned. “Its for Hyerin’s baby shower tomorrow.”

He mentally slapped himself for forgetting about the event. Hyuna had told him about it and he said he will try to keep that day free so he could go to the baby shower with her.

“Are you going?” Hyuna asked, turning to face Junhyung who was walking closer to her.

“I haven’t told Jin Taek yet. But I’ll check later if I have any schedules tomorrow,” he said.

Hyuna smiled and nodded. She placed a pink coloured frosting on her finger and pointed at Junhyung. “Wanna try some?” she grinned.

“Erm..”

“Why? You don’t like frosting?” she asked innocently.

“I.. kinda had a little bit too much sweet things for today,” he said apologetically.

“Oh.. Its okay then,” Hyuna said. He didn’t like seeing that expression on her. She’s feeling slightly disappointed but she still try to look as if everything was fine.

“But a little frosting won’t hurt?” he added quickly.

“Are you sure?” she asked. He smiled and nodded. Junhyung took her hand gently and the frosting from her finger. He slightly by trying to be seductive about it but she end up just giggling and smacking his arm.

“Go shower so you can sleep. You must be tired,” Hyuna said.

“Arasso~ Aren’t you sleeping soon?” he asked.

“Yeah. I’ll just clean up and pack these. I’ll be up soon.” Junhyung nodded and gave her a kiss on the cheek before going up to their room.

Just seeing her made him feel better. But he knows he’s not getting better. The fact that he has diabetes doesn’t change. He didn’t want to tell Hyuna. He didn’t want to ruin her happiness that she just earned after months of suffering from her own illness. Maybe if he just takes care of himself, take his medications secretly, she wouldn’t have to know. Besides, diabetes doesn’t show right?

 

 


So I'm getting the vibe from readers that "What.... sick again? Junhyung now? Seriously?"

If you feel that I'm just repeating the cycle just to extend the story, you're wrong. There's more to Junhyung's case and although the sickness is not as serious as Hyuna's, it will bring much more greater problems (if you read from the preview).

But if you feel that its getting boring coz "Ahh now Junhyung is sick. Just like Hyuna before. Is it almost the same....", then I suggest you don't read? I've warned you before in the tags and preview that this isn't a sweet lovey dovey happy happy story. Its angst. So yeah^^

I hope my readers don't take this note the wrong way. I'm just warning you and suggesting things :)

 

(Sorry again for any spelling or grammatical errors. I hope you still understand^^)

*edited due to some errors in the medications. Credits to skywaywhisper for telling me^^*