Chapter 8

Follow Your Heart

 

"Sounds great! Let me see if I have any marshmallows. You want to come in here with me. Maybe we can see what else is in the kitchen we can enjoy." Jiyong helped her to her feet and they walked to the kitchen.

 

In the large kitchen Jiyong pointed Dara toward the pantry, telling her if she found something that seemed good, grab it. Jiyong headed for the fridge.

 

The two of them searched and met at the island in the middle with their arms full of treats. They had not only the marshmallows, but also chocolate, graham crackers, hot cocoa, and whipped cream.

 

"Okay, what is with the whipped cream?" Dara asked.

 

"I don't know, I guess if I have a beautiful woman stay with me, I want to have supplies ready." Jiyong wagged his eyebrows at her.

 

"Oh, please, does that really work on women? I mean is that one of your pick-up lines? Hey there good-looking, want to come back to my place? I've got whipped cream?" Dara asked him.

 

"No, I think I am a little more polished than that. I usually walk up to the woman, lean down real close, maybe trail my fingers down her neck, say something like, you have gorgeous eyes, want some whipped cream." Jiyong had been showing Dara all this as he said the words, and followed it by squirting her with the whipped cream.

 

 

"You, jerk!" Dara yelled as she got hit in the face by the whipped cream. "Give me that." They started wrestling over the can of cream. By the end, they were both covered in the white mess.

 

They sat on the floor laughing every time they looked at each other. "I think we made a mess."Dara said.

 

"Well, you started it. Insulting my suave pickup lines. I think you should do the cleaning." Jiyong told her, sticking his tongue out at her.

 

"Oh no, I am a guest. You have to do the cleaning. You sprayed me first." Dara stuck her tongue out back at him.

 

"Look you two, I don't care who started it. I am going to tear both of you up if you don't get this mess cleaned up pronto. Do I make myself clear?" Boms voice sounded from the doorway.

 

"Yes, ma'am" They both said in unison.

 

"Good, if you are going to act like children, I am going to treat you like children." Bom was trying hard not to laugh.

 

"I write your paycheck, you know." Jiyong told her.

 

"No, I print them and stamp your name on them. If I have to play chaperone for you when you have a sleepover, I am going to give myself a raise." Bom finally broke into giggles. "By the way, Jiyong, you have a little whipped cream on your face and your shirt, and your pants. You look like the can exploded on you really."

 

 

"Okay, that's it" Jiyong jumped up and chased Bom around the kitchen threatening to hug her.

 

"Look, if you get me messy, I am going to beat you with the broom. Richard will be in soon to cook breakfast, so you better have the place cleaned up by then, or you know the trouble you will have. I have to try to reschedule your interview with Rolling Stone without letting them know where you are.

 

So, chop chop, let's get this day started." Greta walked out of the kitchen, leaving Dara and Jiyong sitting in the middle of a huge mess.

 

"She is right. If this place isn't perfect when Richard gets in, he has a fit and we end up eating cold cereal for breakfast. Come on, we better get to work." Jiyong told her.

 

They grabbed sponges and a mop and started working on the mess. Dara was a little shocked by how much his touch had affected her. None of the other guys she had dated had ever made her feel any kind of longing for more, but the feel of him running his fingers down her neck, and the closeness of his body had defiantly awakened something inside her.

 

She had only just met this man, but already she thought him more of a friend the all the people she hung out with at home. He was a famous rock star, but Dara often forgot that as she sat around talking and laughing with him. She didn't know what to make of these feelings.

 

So many times she had heard her friends talking about the way a guy made her come alive. Dara had begun to think there was something wrong with her that in twenty seven years she never felt like that. Now suddenly she begins to feel it with a guy who has been with women all over the world.

 

 

Dara couldn't seem to equate the guy she had spent the whole night talking and laughing with to the guy that was in the papers being shown drinking, or having some woman hanging on his arm. Which one was the real Kwon Jiyong? Dara guessed she wouldn't really have time to find out.

 

As soon as the ice melted, he would probably be happy to have her leave so he could continue his private getaway. She knew she was just someone to waste time with while he was stuck in the house.

 

"It looks like we got this cleaned up. Richard will be here anytime now. Would you care to join me in the living room? I think Bom probably has fresh coffee waiting for us." Jiyong offered his arm to her. She took it and let him lead her in.