Chapter 27

Follow Your Heart

 

They pulled up to the restaurant amid flashing cameras. They handed the keys to the valet and made their way into the dining room. "We have reservations under Park's." She told the host.

 

"Yes ma'am. The rest of your party is already at the table. Please follow me." He led the back to a private room. Dara saw her mother and father waiting.

 

"Hi, I hope we haven't kept you waiting to long." Dara said as she slid into the chair held for her.

 

"Not at all, dear. We wanted to try to get here a little early to beat some of the photographers. So, please start talking. Why the reservations?" Her mother said, smiling.

 

"Well, Mr and Mrs. Park, I have asked your daughter to marry me and she has agreed." Jiyong really was starting to sound nervous.

 

"So I am going to be stuck with a guy who screams and calls it music for a son? I don't know. What do you have to offer my little girl?" Her father asked.

 

Jiyong started to squirm in his seat. "I know she has money, so I can't give her that. She has the chance to do anything she wants in this life, so I can't compete with that either. I am offering her the one thing I will always have no matter what, love."

 

 

"Well, I must say you do have a way with words." Her father said. Turning to Lisa, he said to her, "Do you love him?"

 

"More than any other man, besides you of course." She answered.

 

"Well of course, I am just too lovable. Fine, I knew it was coming, but I thought you would wait. Your mother won the bet." Her father said grumpily.

 

"What bet?" Dara asked looking from her mother to her father.

 

"Oh, no big deal. I bet a new set of dishes that you two would be engaged within a week. You father thought you would hold out for at least three weeks. Now I can get rid of those hideous dishes. Do you have a ring?" Her mother asked.

 

"Yes, it was Jiyong's mother's." Lisa showed her the ring.

 

"I must say, your father had excellent taste. Not too pretensions, very classy. Welcome to the family." Her mother said.

 

Dara's dad looked at them both. "You couldn't wait a couple of more weeks, could you? Welcome to the family Michael. Don't call me Mr. Park again though. I thought we went through this last night."

 

"Yes, sir. I just didn't know how you would feel after we told you." Michael was more at ease now.

 

"I would feel much better if you had waited a couple of weeks, but we knew last night this was coming. Dara had that glow about her that we had never seen before. I knew that look immediately. You make her happy, keep doing that, and I won't have to have someone break your kneecaps." Mr. Park said, smiling at them both.

 

 

"So, what is the plan?" Mrs. Park asked. "Do I get to help plan a big wedding, or are you going to deprive me of the pleasure?"

 

"You woman really do know how to get your way, don't you? I am leaving that up to Dara. Whatever she wants, that is what we will do." Jiyong said.

 

Mrs. Park laughed. "You already know the procedure I see. Good, less training for my daughter to do."

 

"Are they always like this" Jiyong asked Mr. Park.

 

"No, not at all." He laughed. "This is mild compared to things they really want. That is when you know you are in trouble."

 

 

They ate their meal and made plans to meet with Bom the next day to get the shower and wedding plans made. Mr. Park and Jiyong just sat back and relaxed as the women called the dressmaker and the baker for the cake. They knew they had to have the wedding before Jiyong started his tour, so things were going to have to be rushed. Dara told her mother about how Jiyong had proposed after singing to her.

 

 

Mrs. Park smiled a huge smile. "Why don't we have Kyuhyun cater the reception? It will be a neat little idea. Since that is where you got engaged, it seems fitting. Plus, I don't think anyone else has had burgers and fries for their reception. It will be great with the waitresses, too. I think we may start a trend." She said, making a note to call the diner tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 more chaps to goooooo :) <3