Chapter 15

Follow Your Heart

 

Dara didn't know what to say. Had Jiyong been lying to her? What had her father found out? Was Jiyong a drug user, or maybe he wasn't as good as he seemed.

 

Dara was worried about how Jiyonglwould take her father's overprotective attitude, also.

 

"What do you mean?" Jiyong asked, not looking worried.

 

"I mean, you have let people believe that you are a drinker, but according to my findings, you barely ever touch the stuff.

 

Your parents were killed by a drunk driver when you were three, so you aren't the party boy some would believe you to be. You have no history of drugs, and you have actually fired one of your band mates when they began using drugs and refused to get help to stop.

 

You have three nice houses around the country, but only one of them can actually be traced directly back to you.

 

Then there is the women. You have never lived the life of a monk, but your exploits have been exaggerated to say the least.

 

You are not free with your money, you have several very good investments, including a fair amount of stock in my company. Have I forgotten any thing." Minhyuk finished.

 

"Yes, do I wear boxers or briefs?" Jiyong said with a smile.

 

 

"I haven't gotten the in depth report back yet. That should be in there." Minhyuk laughed.

 

 

"Yes, I admit, I am not all that my public relations company has made me out to be. I don't drink often, and I have sworn never to drive while drinking.

 

I am very anti-drug, and the band and anyone else who works with me is aware of this. I have a very good financial analyst who handles all my investments, so I am doing well financially. I have the two houses secretly so I can escape if I get to stressed out from life in the fast lane. I have dated some very beautiful women, but most of the time, the women I have been seen with are just friends.

 

I don't believe in one night stands or just using a woman. Did I cover everything?" Jiyong said.

 

"Good, good. I like a man who isn't ashamed of the fact that he is a gentleman. So many men in the music industry believe that a women is put here to please them and then go away.

 

I understand about you having to keep a certain persona for your career, but I am glad to see most of it is just publicity." Minhyuk seemed to be satisfied with the answers he received.

 

He turned his attention to Bom and Youngbae. "I know about the two of you, also. I know how you wish you could be foster parents but the system won't allow it because of the traveling you do.

 

I think it is a great thing for you to do. I did some checking, and Minyoung and I are considering becoming foster parents for just one or two children at a time.

 

There seems to be a need for homes that will take in teens, so many are afraid there may be trouble associated with them. Since you both entered the system as teens, I was wondering if you may have some advice on how to make a child feel at home.

 

Dara knew when her father decided to do something, he put all he had into it. Her parents had wanted more kids, but they had not been able to. This seemed like a great way to share their experience with more children and help out some of the children, too.