Chapter 17

Follow Your Heart

 

"Mom, if you want to get rid of me just say so. Yes, I am going over to his place for a while. I don't know what time I will be home, so I will use my entrance so I won't wake you. We are going to have to go shopping tomorrow. I need some new sneakers." Dara told her.

 

 

"Okay, dear, I will be ready. I can make reservations for us for lunch, then you can tell me all about your vacation. I love you." Her mother gave her a hug.

 

 

"Night, dad. See you in the morning." Dara reached down and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

 

 

"Have fun, but not too much" He told her.

 

 

They made their way over to Jiyong's house, which was just five blocks from Dara. "Amazing, you live this close, and we have never run into each other." Dara commented.

 

 

"I have only been in this house for about three months. I have a studio in the basement, so I don't have to leave to often." Jiyong told her.

 

 

"Very nice. Do you live here, too, Bom" Dara asked.

 

 

"We have the pool house out back. With all the touring and other travel we do, it doesn't make sense to buy a place that we would hardly ever see. Jiyong offered us the pool house, so we jumped at it. Plus, we are here in case we are needed, and we can save for a larger house when we do settle down." Bom told her.

 

 

 

"I think it great to be such good friends that you would look out for each other the way you guys do for each other. That is something I have never had before. I can't remember ever having someone I could call that would be there for me. I miss that now that I see the three of you together." Dara said.

 

 

"We are some of the lucky ones. I have had some of my former foster families contact me since I became famous, but all they wanted was a handout. They tried to use the fact that we may have lived together for a few months to try to get either money or a cake job with a large salary. For awhile after I made it big, I got jaded about people, thinking everyone just wanted to use me for their own gain." Jiyong told her.

 

 

"Yeah, but you did answer one request, didn't you?" Youngbae laughed.

 

 

 

"Yeah, but that was different. One of the guys we were with at our last home had gotten out before us, he was married and had a kid. He was one of the success stories, he is a teacher. He wrote to me, and his letter started out like all the others, but he didn't want money or a job, he wanted to know if he could get an autograph for his daughter. She is thirteen and has a crush on me, His words, not mine, and couldn't believe that her boring dad could know anyone as cool as me. I decided that maybe an autograph wasn't enough, so I met him at his school, the we drove over to her school to pick her up. Her and her friends now think her dad is the coolest guy on the planet. I had so much fun doing that. You should have seen her face. I thought she was going to faint." Jiyong laughed.

 

 

"I can imagine how popular the teen is now. Do you keep in touch with them?" Dara asked.

 

 

 

"Yes, he is a high school teacher that runs a program that helps kids explore careers, so all three of us do presentations when we can for him. We enjoy it, and the kids get something to talk about, while learning what it is really like to be a body guard, or a secretary, or a lowly singer." Youngbae answered.

 

 

They pulled up to the gate at Jiyong's house, and the cameras started flashing. "Where have you been for the last few weeks Jiyong?" someone called out.

 

 

"Well, do you want to get this over with now, or wait till later." Jiyong asked her.

 

 

"May as well get this part over and done with. Then maybe we can have a few minutes while they all send in their reports." Dara said as she looked in the mirror to freshen her makeup, and make sure her hair was right.

 

 

 

"Okay guys, once we get in the gate and it is closed, the three of us will get out and go to them and tell our little story. We can answer a few questions, then I will walk to two of you up to the house." Youngbae told Dara and Jiyong. "You already sent the pr rep the statement today, Bom, so they will be ready for the calls." Youngbae said, scanning the crowd for any potential threats.