Chapter 18

Follow Your Heart

 

"Brace yourself, the gates are closing, are we ready for this?" Jiyong asked.

 

"Lets get this over with." Dara took a deep breath and got ready to exit.

 

"Okay, I get out first, then you two follow. As always, stay back from the gate, and if anyone looks suspicious let me know." Youngbae was all business now.

 

Youngbae opened the door and unfolded himself from the limo. He stood at the door, then moved away and held his hand out for Dara. Flashes started going off from the gate. Then Jiyong stepped out and the people began yelling questions.

 

Jiyong draped his arm around her waist and pulled her close. Youngbae led them to the gate.

 

"Jiyong, are you dating Sandara Park now?"

 

"Dara, is Jiyong a rebound romance?

 

" Jiyong, have you melted the ice queen yet?"

 

"Hey, I will not have anyone calling her the ice queen anymore. She is a very warm and passionate woman. It is not her fault that man just didn't see it. In my opinion, he was a moron to let her slip away. But his loss is my gain." Jiyong told them.

 

"How did you two meet?" came the next screamed question.

 

"We ran into each other at the beach. I was lucky enough that she was alone and agreed to share a meal." Jiyong answered smoothly.

 

 

 

"Dara, are you trying to live down you reputation as a prude by dating such a wild guy?

 

" Someone else called out "No, I like him a lot, so I don't care what his reputation is. He treats me with respect, and that is all I care about.

 

No matter what I say, you guys will twist it to what you want anyway, so, have fun with this." Dara threw caution to the wind and turned around to Jiyong and kissed his mouth.

 

Cameras went off everywhere. Jiyong held her close, and the other people seemed to disappear. She felt the warmth spreading in her loins. Jiyong pulled away slowly, a smile on his face. "I think it is safe to say you will no longer be called an ice queen."

 

"Jiyong, Jiyong, are you serious about Dara? Is it true love?" One of the reporters asked.

 

"We are just starting out, but yes I am serious about her. I will let you know when we set the wedding date." Jiyong told them.

 

"Okay, that's enough. Come on Mr. Kwon, Ms. Park." Jason said, ushering them up to the house.

 

Once they got in the front door, Jiyongl turned toward her.

 

"That went well. We are going to have to watch the gossip shows tomorrow to see what they make of this."

 

"Well, it has already hit the internet. A very nice picture of that kiss. Wow, I wish I had this guy do my wedding pictures, he is really good. The picture practically sizzles.

 

Oh no, what did you say Jiyong?" Bom groaned.

 

 

"I don't know. Why?" Jiyong said looking worried.

 

"Apparently, according to this, you two are making wedding plans. I would appreciate it if you would let me know next time you decide to get engaged." Bom laughed.

 

"Well, I don't have to tell you everything. I like that headline 'Rocks hottest hunk melts the Ice Queen.' Did you hear that, love, I am a hunk."  Jiyong laughed.

 

"Tell me something I didn't know already. Can I get a copy of that picture. Maybe I will blow it up and hang it on my wall as a poster." Dara told them.

 

"You aren't upset about the name are you? I told them not to say it anymore, but you know how these things go. After that picture, though, I think you have forever lost that little nickname." Jiyong told her.

 

Suddenly, Dara's cell phone rang.

 

"Hello." She answered.

 

"Were you carrying on with him while we were dating." Came the familiar voice of her ex-boyfriend Donghae. Dara quickly hit the speakerphone button so Michael could hear.

 

"What do you care what I am doing or what I have done?" Dara asked him.

 

"You didn't seem to be concerned about cheating when you brought a date to our engagement party." Dara could tell he was drunk, and was afraid of what he might say.