Chapter 21

Follow Your Heart

 

Dara's morning was hectic. While she was away, she had missed a board meeting, and even though she normally didn't attend them, she always had final approval over any changes that were called for. She had to go over every line of Dara had to go over the files she had on the state of the other company and rather she could turn it around and make a profit on it.

 

After four hours of conference calls, product analysis, and just plain research, she approved the boards plans to make the bid. Her secretary had been giving her looks all morning, and Dara was just waiting for her to burst with the questions.

 

Finally, when 10:00 hit, she had finished the paperwork and was ready for a break. She hit the button to call her secretary. Suzanne, could you please grab us each a cup of tea and come in here for a few moments?" Dara knew if she didn't answer the questions soon, her poor friend was going to die.

 

"Right away, Ms. Park." Suzanne called back.

 

Suzanne had been with Dara since she had started her business. She was just a year younger than Dara, but was married with two kids. Suzanne was the closest thing Dara had that could be called a friend. She was always there to talk to, and she didn't mind saying what she thought, even if it wasn't something Dara wanted to hear.

 

 

Suzanne came practically barreling through the door, knowing it was time to gossip. Suzanne wasn't the type to spread rumors, but she said all the time she loved to hear about Dara's life. She told her she could live vicariously through her stories.

 

"Okay, dish." Suzanne said as she handed her boss the cup of tea.

 

"My vacation was nice. It felt good to just relax and turn off the cell phone." Dara said, knowing that wasn't what Suzanne wanted to hear.

 

"Oh yes, I am sure. Did you see anything interesting while there? Maybe meet a guy?" Suzanne said, playing along.

 

"Well, there was this one guy. No one you would have heard of though. He seems pretty nice." Dara was playing it cool. "What did you do while I was gone?"

 

"I didn't get hookup with a rock star, that's for sure. I couldn't believe my eyes this morning when I opened the newspaper and saw my boss kissing my future husband." Suzanne told her.

 

"I thought you were happy with Curtis." Dara said.

 

"Yes, I am very happy with him, but if I got the chance to be with Kwon Jiyong, Curtis would be out the door before he knew what hit him." Suzanne laughed.

 

"I am sorry I was kissing him, I had no idea you two meant so much to each other. I guess I will cancel my lunch date with him, I hate to get in your way of a marriage breaker." Dara pretended to pick up the phone.

 

 

"No,I guess if I can't have him, you might as well. What is he really like? That kiss you two had going in the picture looked like you were going to go at it right there in the driveway."

 

"He is actually very sweet, funny, nice guy. Oh yeah, and y as hell. His body could make you melt where you are sitting." Dara gushed.

 

The door to her office opened. "Anyone I know?" Jiyong said,walking in with a huge bouquet of roses.

 

"No, I doubt it. Just this guy I ran into this morning." Dara said as she waked around the desk to him. "Are those for me?"

 

"Now there not. Maybe I will go find some girl to run into and give them to her" Jiyong teased.

 

"I can get in your way anytime." Suzanne said, standing up.

 

"You know I was talking about you, silly." Dara gave him a kiss on the cheek.

 

"I think these flowers deserve better than that." Jiyongl said as he place them on her desk. He took her into his arms and kissed her tenderly. "Now, what about this other guy?"

 

"What other guy?" Dara asked. Suzanne was clearing . "Oh yes, Jiyong,, this is Suzanne, my secretary and a fan of yours. Did you know she is going to leave her husband for you?" Dara thought it would be fun to tease Suzanne.

 

 

"Really, wow, how about this, darling, if me and your boss don't work out, I'll give you a call." Jiyong told her as he shook her hand and planted a kiss on her cheek.

 

"Okay" Suzanne managed breathlessly. "I have some work to do. See you later, Dara. Have fun." Suzanne ran out the door.

 

"You just can't help but make every woman around fall in love with you." Dara told him laughing.

 

"You are the only one for me. Have I made you fall in love with me?" Jiyonglasked grabbing her lower back and pulling her into him.

 

"Wait, I thought we were going to meet at the diner, has something come up?" Dara asked, trying to dodge the question.

 

"No, I just wanted to surprise you. Are you about ready?"Dara said.

 

 

"Oh, all mine, I like the sound of that."

 

 

They drove in Dara's car since Jiyong had Bom drop him off. She told him about the takeover, and all the work she had done this morning.

 

 

 

"So, besides from romancing my secretary, how was your morning?"

 

"I was down in my studio most of the morning, working on a new song."

 

 

"Oh the one you were singing in the shower?" Dara asked. The song she heard him singing had been a sweet love song, and the way he had been singing it in the shower had a very haunting feel to it.