06. Don't Fantasize About My Sister!

I Like You The Best

 

[Author's Note: Very random chapter ahead. Interestingly enough, it's sort of based on actual events. :b ]

 

---

 

“What are you wearing?” Junhyung placed a hand on his sister’s shoulder, stopping her from walking down the hall, hours after dinner, and eyed her clothes, specifically her choice of trousers. Typical house clothes, shorts, and a loose shirt.

“They’re called shorts, oppa.” Jaeni replied nonchalantly.

“They’re short.” His left eye twitched.

“Uh, yes?” She put her hands on her hips, shrugging her brother’s hand off her shoulder. “That’s why they’re called shorts, not longs.”

Junhyung’s left eye twitched again. “A tad too short, Jaeni.” Jaeni frowned at this statement.

“Since when were you this protective about what I wear?” She asked with a raised eyebrow. “They’re just shorts.”

Hyunseung, hearing the commotion of the Yong siblings, stepped out of the room. “Hey you two, what’s going on?”

“Junhyung oppa’s being such a dad.” Jaeni said, shooting a glare to her brother. “Making such a big deal over shorts.”

“SHORT shorts.” Junhyung said giving the same glare.

“They are…” Hyunseung’s eyes traveled to Jaeni, then down to her legs. “…not so bad..” His voice trailed off. He was snapped back to reality when Junhyung’s hand met his face. “What was that for?!” He barked, rubbing his now red cheek.

“Don’t stare at my sisters leg!”

“I was not!”

Junhyung sneered, grabbing Jaeni’s arm and dragging her across the hall, back to her room. “Change.”

“Yah!” Jaeni pulled her arm away. “I don’t have anything else.”

“Wear jeans. Or borrow some from Yunji. I don’t care. Change.” Junhyung ordered flatly, closing the door and walking back to his room. He heard Jaeni scream in frustration from inside her room. He smirked.

“Junhyung ah.” Hyunseung was still rubbing his cheek. “That hurt.”

“You shouldn’t have been staring at Jaeni’s legs.”

“But I wasn’t!”

“Yes. You. Were.” Junhyung’s face was serious, his over protectiveness showing. “And I better not catch you staring at her like that again. You got that?”

“How come you have such a small ? Jaeni’s is… normal sized.” Hyunseung was looking up, tapping his chin with a finger.

“MWORAGO?” Junhyung’s eyes blazed, and he grabbed onto Hyunseung’s collar. “WHAT DID YOU SAY?”

“Nothiiing.” Hyunseung grinned innocently. “I didn’t say anything Junhyungie~”

“That better had been nothing!” He growled, slightly shaking Hyunseung. “Or I swear…” He added threateningly.

“I didn’t say anything.” Hyunseung giggled and pried away from Junhyung, quickly retreating to their bedroom and shutting the door.

“JANG HYUNSEUNG.” Junhyung growled, before taking a deep breathe and shutting his eyes.

“Yong Junhyung.” Doojoon emerged behind the rapper and tapped his shoulder. “What’s happening to you?” He had his toothbrush sticking out of his mouth.

“DON’T FANTASIZE ABOUT MY SISTER.” Junhyung spat out and stormed to the bedroom, slamming the door behind him, and leaving Doojoon standing in the hall, blinking repeatedly, a confused expression all over his face.

 

“He’s being so annoying!” Jaeni complained.

“He’s just being a brother, that’s all.” Yunji replied.

“No. He’s being a prison warden, that’s what!”

“I think he’s just trying to protect you.”

“Yes because the Beast members are wanted murderers and rapists.” Jaeni said in a sarcastic tone.

“No,” Yunji chuckled, “Because the Beast members are guys. It’s normal for Junhyung oppa to act like that.”

“It’s so irritating!” Jaeni whined, sitting next to Yunji. “He was never like that before.”

“If you ask me, I think it’s because he was never really around when you were younger, right?” Yunji looked at Jaeni, who nodded. “The most contact you get is by phone, and his occasional visits. Maybe he doesn’t quite know how to show affection. Or something.” She added with a shrug. “It’s normal for an older brother to be overprotective over matters like these.”

Jaeni stared at her friend for a moment, before hitting her with a pillow. “I hate how you’re always right when it comes to these things, unnie.” She said with a small laugh.

“I am two years older than you are.” Yunji said, “It’s only normal that I think more maturely.” She stuck out her tongue.

“Really? But Dongwoon oppa’s the same age as you, but he’s very… Childish.”

“Oh?” Yunji replied a little blankly. “I never noticed.”

“Don’t you two go to the same university, and have the same majors?”

Yunji nodded. “But I’ve known him only for a day, and it’s not like I pay any attention. Besides, he’s always swarmed with girls. It’s annoying, really. All those girls screaming all high pitched. Doesn’t help either that I share almost all my classes with him. All that barrage of noise is so distracting, especially when I’m trying to get some reading done.”

“I can’t believe you’re not one of the girls who are screaming.” Jaeni laid down and grabbed a pillow. “I mean, if Hyungseung oppa went to the same school that I do…” He eyes glazed.

“Well I’m not really a fan girl, like you. And I don’t like Dongwoon like you like Hyunseung oppa.”

“Hyunseung oppa’s really amazing, isn’t he?” A big smile crept on Jaeni’s face and her eyes were staring at the ceiling, as if in some sort of trance. “He sings well, he’s an amazing dancer, and he’s so flawless.”

Yunji sat up and raised an eyebrow. She chuckled, “I’m gonna go get a late night snack, I’m hungry. You want anything, Jaeni ah?”

“I’m good, unnie. I’ll just watch TV.” She grabbed the remote before throwing it back, “No, wait!” She scurried to her bag and took out her laptop. “I’m going to watch videos of Beast oppas!” She said excitedly. “Watch with me, unnie?”

Yunji laughed. “I’m good, thanks. I’ll just eat and enjoy the cool breeze outside.”

“What cool breeze? It’s cold, unnie, not cool. It must be below zero right now.”

“Probably right. I’ll get soup.” Yunji shrugged. “You just enjoy your fangirling.”

Jaeni grinned, “Oh I will! Enjoy your snack, unnie!” With that, Jaeni put on her headset and completely immersed herself in videos.