Chapter 04

Zero Gravity
"Hyung, why did yo--" Joon stopped mid sentence, struck dumb by the sight of the woman in front of him. raisin his finger at her. "You!"

Amber swiveled around in her chair, lifting a lazy hand up in acknowledgement. "Yo."

"Why the hell is she here?" He stomped to his brother's desk, who was too busy with his paperwork to respond to his tantrum. 

"I want you to apologise to her." Donghae nodded at Amber's direction. "For the inconvenience you caused her."

"Apologise?! Hyung! She's the reason why my nose is broken!" 

"Apologise or no apologise? It doesn't really matter to me." She shrugged.

"I'm not apologising."
 
"Oh." She turned to his brother in feigned surprise. "Turns out you'll be cutting him off from his credit cards." 
 
Joon's eyes widened at the information. "You're lying."

"I'm not." Donghae closed the folder and leaned back into his seat. "You either say it or say goodbye to your credit cards."

"You wouldn't dare." His confidence wavered but still didn't apologise.

Donghae tutted his brother and brought out a bunch of credit cards, and Joon scrambled for his wallet but remembered the weird request from the secretary asking for him to leave his wallet behind at the front desk. He watched in horror as the black card separated into two after the scissors went through it. "Hyung!"

"I'm sorry!" Joon admitted defeat after losing 4 cards. "Sorry!"

"Good, now let me officially introduce the both of you." Donghae stood in between Amber and his brother. "This is Joon, my younger brother."

"And Joon, this is Amber. She works for me."

"As what?"

"I'm an assassin."

Joon looked at her up and down before bursting into laughter. "That has got to be the best joke ever." He only realised it wasn't when neither of them were laughing. 
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

Amber unconsciously the bandage on her hand.
 

She watched him attend to her wound and this was the closest they've been since what happened earlier and the mere thought created a warm flush across her cheeks.
 
"You're always getting into fights," he commented the obvious.
 
"Well, most of the time it wasn't me who started it." Amber retorted, only to flinch at the sting of the alcohol grazed across her skin.

"It's done." Henry said, looking at Amber. She was flustered when he moved into her personal space with only a few inches away from her lips. After what seems like an eternity for her, Henry finally made a move.
 

Amber chuckled and brushed her long bangs aside and waited the light to turn green.
 

"There's a bug in your hair." Henry swept it away and got up from the bench. Amber's tensed shoulders drooped a little as she relaxed. "You thought I was going to kiss you again?"

"Yeah," she admitted with a nervous laugh.

"Sorry about what happened earlier. I hope I didn't scare you. I ran out of ideas, that's why." Henry looked a little embarrassed.

 

"YAH!"

She snapped back to reality and swerved just in time to avoid colliding with a truck ahead.

"Were you thinking about your dateless nights or were you trying to kill me?" Joon exploded like a fire cracker beside her in the passenger seat. "I'm too young to die! I haven't even made babies yet!!"

"Shut the hell up, will you! If it wasn't your irritating ramblings, I wouldn't have tuned everything out to have a peace of mind. Now keep your mouth shut, you spoilt brat if you still want to make babies." Amber glared at him. "Why did I even agree to your brother's request?"

 

"Amber."

Joon pushed her out of his way for the door and tripped slightly when Amber shoved him back. Donghae only continued when the door slammed shut, shaking his head at his brother's immaturity.

"You might not like this idea since what had happened between the two of you but this is an order. You will take Joon under you."

"I don't understand."

"As you can see, Joon is still quite immature."


Amber snorted. "Very."

"I'm not asking you to toughen him up but help him grow into an adult. I won't have the time to do that and he's my brother, I would give in to him, it's just a matter of time." Donghae escorted Amber to the door. "You can do anything to him. Make him clean the house or treat him as a sandbag," He winked at that. "As long as you have him back in one piece. I won't interfere."

"Okay, I do what I can Mr. Lee." Amber bowed as he opened the door, signalling the end of their conversation.

"Call me Donghae. Mr. Lee sounds too formal and our  isn't that far apart." He smiled. "By the way, Joon will be living with you from now on." With that, he closed the door before Amber could disagree.

 

"You think that I like it too? Living with you and taking every single order of yours?!" Joon pouted like a little kid.

"We won't have to suffer like this if you could just act your age and quit fooling around." Amber smacked his hand. "And don't touch my stuff with your dirty hands."
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

"You're telling me that he is going to stay with us?" Victoria eyed Joon walking around the large living room of theirs. "Wasn't he the ert the other day?"

"Yeah, it's his brother's order. We can't do anything but accept it." Amber raised her eyebrow questioningly at the twins. "What's up with them?" Sulli and Krystal were sharing shy smiles and their eyes followed Joon like a hawk.

"They're giggling like it's seventh heaven because the guy they were stalking at the party is going to live in the same house as they are," Kibum sighed dramatically. "They don't even act like that even though they've been living with me for so long and decided to go fan girl-y over a kid like that?"

"Since he's joining the team last you guys can boss him around as long as we don't return him with several missing limbs." The three of them smirked. "Now, meeting's over."

"Joon, you'll be sharing a room with Kibum until you're worthy of having your own room," Amber winked at Victoria, who threw a suspicious yawn and rubbed her eyes. "And Victoria unnie here is really tired but she hasn't finished the chores. Would you help Victoria?"

"No." Joon said blankly. "Take me to your room." He nudged Kibum.

"That wasn't a question." Amber patted his shoulder. "Go take a short rest 'cuz you're gonna need it."

Krystal kept pestering Amber until she can't take it anymore. "Hey!" She shouted when Joon and Kibum were already halfway up the flight of stairs.

"They wanted to be introduced to you." She pushed the tomato red Sulli and Krystal to the front. "This is Sulli and her twin sister Krystal."

"I know." Joon winked at them and followed his room mate.

"He knows our names. How did he know?!" Sulli started giggling again.
 
"He must have asked around during the party. Did you see him wink at me?" Krystal collapsed into her sister's arms.
 
"You? He was looking in my direction not yours." Sulli pushed Krystal away from her.

Victoria rolled her eyes. "I'm going to buy something, wanna come?"

"Yeah, let me get my stuff."
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

"We'll meet back here in half an hour," Victoria told Amber before they went their separate ways. "I'm going to Chinatown to get something."

She was going through the aisles when someone caught her attention and her lips curved into a smile. Whenever their paths crossed and he looked at her with those crescent moon shaped eyes, her heart would beat like she had run a marathon. She had never really chatted with him before, unless asking for the tofu section was considered as chatting.

The man spotted her as he looked up from his work and gave the friendly smile like he does to every passing customer. Victoria blushed, hidding her face behind her long hair as she contemplated her next move.

"Excuse me."

"Yes, how may I help you?" He bowed and paid full attention, making her embarrassed.
 
"Hi, uh, my name is Victoria," she stuttered, racking her brain for words. "Um, can I, no.."
 
He raised his eyebrows as Victoria closed her eyes and did some sort meditation before finally blurting out something almost incomprehensible. "Wouldyougooutwithme?"

It had him flustered as he looked around while running his hands against his jeans but kept his cool. "I can't. I'm sorry."

"Oh, it's okay." Victoria turned red and grabbed something off the shelf. "Um, I've got the stuff I wanted.. well, um.. bye."
 
He looked at the object clutched tightly in her hand and the goodbye was stuck on his lips as she hurried pass him for the check out counter. The cashier handed her purchases after she had paid and winked. "Have a good day. Please come again."

Victoria nodded and dashed out of the store as if in a mad rush. She didn't stop until she reached the place she and Amber were supposed to meet.
 
"Hey, what took you so long?" Amber rubbed her hands. "It's getting cold."

"Long story," Victoria replied curtly and resisted the younger woman's constant questions fairly well until she ultimately gave in at the sight of puppy eyes.
 
"Well, he wasn't mean when he answered that, at least he didn't say 'Who would want to date you?'" Amber held up her hands in defeat when Victoria eyed her. "I was giving an example!" She shuddered at the cold stare. "Now stop staring at me and get in the car."

"So what did you take?" Amber peeked into the bag and looked back to Victoria and burst into fits of laughter.

"What is it?" Filled with curiousity, Victoria took the bag from Amber's weak grasp as the latter couldn't stop laughing.

"Oh my god." Victoria took out her purchase and stared. "Oh my god," she repeated, this time banging her head on the steering wheel. "Oh my god. No wonder the cashier winked."

"This is epic." Amber rubbed her stomach to soothe the pain from laughing too hard. "Well, at least you left him a deep impression of you."

"A very deep impression, Amber." Victoria threw the box out of the car window.
 
"I can't believe I took a pack of condoms."