Chapter 12

Zero Gravity
“Morning,” Henry switched his phone to loudspeaker mode and wore his work outfit. “Thanks for getting me home yesterday.”

“You’re welcome. Hey, if you can’t take alcoholic drinks, don’t force yourself to.” He buttoned his shirt and put on a tie while looking into the mirror. “Kibum was having fun with you while you were drunk into oblivion.”

“Amber,” She dropped her combat boots on the floor and sat down to wear it. “Yeah, Henry?” She asked as she tugged on a boot and tied it tight.

“That sounded so wrong.” Henry shrugged on his coat and left his bedroom. “You made it sound as if he took advantage of me while I was drunk.” He entered the living room and gathered his work material into his messenger bag.

“Well, he tried to get embarrassing details out of you but you didn’t manage to tell the whole story before you fell asleep.” Henry looked all over the place, searching for his missing folder. Where did it go?

“So what did I blabber?” Amber adjusted her shoes before pushing herself off the floor, grabbing her car keys from her pocket. “Some random stuff. I wasn’t exactly listening.” The lights of the black BMW flashed and she entered the car.

“Why?” Henry left the living room and headed to his study room. “Why!? I was trying to keep you from falling off your seat! In the end, I couldn’t enjoy my dessert because I have to get you home.” He searched the place for a blue folder and saw it peeking out from a stack of papers.

“Sorry to hear that you can’t have your dessert.” Amber started the engine and drove out of the garage. “Yeah, so you owe me!” The gravel crunched under the car wheels as Amber slowed the car while waiting for the mansion’s heavy entrance gates to open. “No problem.”

“Just don’t eat till I’m broke.” Henry heard her faint laughter over the phone as he went through the contents of the folder.

“I have another call to take.” Amber glanced at her phone. “Chat with you next time.”

“Bye.” Henry said before ending the call and opened a drawer, searching for the Post-It pad. “Oh, I hope my headache won’t get any worse.” He muttered as he scribbled notes on the pad, sticking it on the cover of the folder before throwing it back into the drawer.

Instead of shutting the drawer, he reached inside and took out a photo. He smiled as he leaned back onto the chair he was sitting on. With or without make up, Henry titled his head a little; studying the picture, Amber still looks pretty.

“This was taken at the wedding that we both attended.” He stared at it.

“Excuse me,” Henry was talking to Amber when a man tapped his shoulder. “I’m the wedding photographer,” The man showed them his tag which read ‘Photographer: Kim’. “Can I take a photo of both of you?”

“Um, sure.” Henry turned to Amber. “If you don’t mind..“

“Yeah, let’s take it.” Amber answered him and straightens her outfit. “Could both of you move nearer to each other?” The photographer raised his hand and directed Henry’s position.

“This is weird.” Henry moved his arm awkwardly as it was wedged between the both of them. “Come.” Amber took his wrist and pulled his arm over her, resting his hand on her shoulder. “There.” She smiled at him before facing the lens.

Henry leaned his head closer to hers as both of them grinned widely at the camera before the flash went off.


 
~~


“Come in.” The secretary opened the door and led Amber into the room. “Hello, unni.” Amber greeted as she smiled at the others in the room.

“You’re late.” There was a slight edge in BoA’s voice as she signed a document before closing it. “Have this process immediately.” She passed the folder to the secretary. “You know I’m particular about tardiness.” She said while clearing her desk, pulling a folder out from a locked drawer.

“I’m sure she had something to d—“ Kibum was cut short by BoA as she turned her eyeliner rimmed eyes at him. “Was I talking to you?”

“No.” Kibum was caught off guard but stood his ground. “Then, please,” BoA said curtly. “Do not interrupt.”

“There was a stalled vehicle on the road leading to the office. That’s why I was late.” Amber smiled at Kibum apologetically as she walked towards Sulli. “It caused a traffic jam.” BoA turned to her and stood up. “Well, that excuse isn’t good enough. I want you here on time like the others.” She walked to the front of her desk while opening the folder but stopped abruptly when she noticed her secretary was still in the room.

“Why are you still here, Alex?” BoA snapped at her secretary. Even though she’s in 5-inch heels with the top of her head barely reaching Alex’s chin, she still managed to look intimidating. He held the folder closer to his chest, stammering as she approached him with her arms crossed. “M-m-misss Kwon, you did not dismiss me.”

BoA stared at him for a long while. “Do you need me to tell you when to eat too?” She stepped closer. “Did I not say to process this document,” She jabbed the folder. “Immediately?”

“Ye-e-ss.” Alex gulped as he looks at her. “Then get the hell out of here!” She pointed at the door.

Amber inched closer to Sulli, nudging her for an explanation for BoA’s temper. “What’s with her?” Sulli whispered back. “We’re not sure either. We got blasted too the moment we entered her room.” Sulli looked at the secretary as he scrambled out of the room.

“Unni,” Victoria went up to BoA and placed a hand on her arm. “Are you okay?” She asked worriedly. BoA buried her face in her hands and her shoulders droop as she exhaled.

“I’m fine.” She rubbed Victoria’s arm, assuring her. “It’s just the stress.” BoA turned around and forced a smile. “I’m okay. Sorry for lashing out.”

“Mad BoA unni is scary,” Krystal spoke up. “Wouldn’t want to piss you off.” She laughed, breaking the tension.

“Sorry for frightening you all.” BoA went back to her desk and sat back on her seat. “What are you worked up about?” Amber asked while flipping her hair out of her eyes. “I’d rather not talk about it.” BoA smiled at her. “It’s none of your worries, trust me.”

“Well, if there’s anything you want to talk about, you can discuss it with us.” Amber grinned back. “We are here to serve, Your Royal Highness for we are your humble slaves.” Kibum spoke in a fake accent and bowed, drawing a laugh from BoA. “Okay, stop fooling around. Let’s start.”

“Wait,” Amber stopped her as she looked around the room. “Where’s Joon?” BoA pursed her lips and opened the folder. “I’m not interested in getting him involve.”

“Why?” Victoria asked before Amber could. “He’s part of the team.” All of them nodded.

“Fine, you’ll let him know about this yourself. I’m not going to repeat twice.” BoA continued. “Matsuka and Mr. Lee are on a business trip so I’m assigning you your next job.”

“You can do that?” Krystal raised her eyebrows in surprise, looking at the others. “What I am doing is the best for Matsuka so I don’t think it’s a problem on who is giving the orders.” She continued when no one objected.

“I’ve been following a group of men that’s trying to throw over Matsuka and if possibly,” BoA took out fives photos, arranging it before them. “Getting him out of the picture.”

“How did you find out about this?” Amber looked at men in the photos. “I’m Matsuka’s personal bodyguard and head of security. That’s my job.”

“I wanted to handle this personally but I’m asked by Matsuka to attend this trip,” BoA closed the folder and passed it to Kibum. “My men are currently with him while I settle some work before joining them this afternoon. Everything you need is inside the folder.” She leaned back into her seat, weaving her fingers on her lap.

“I hope this will be done without any problems. Now, scram.” They laughed and bowed to her before exiting. “Amber, I want to talk to you.” Kibum patted her on the shoulder before he closed the door behind of him. “

Amber remained by the door as BoA came up to her. “You know that I have good instincts.. six-sense about certain people right?” Amber simply nodded.

“And it’s always spot on, agree?” She nodded again, figuring out where BoA is going with this. “So, listen to me,” BoA ran a hand through her hair. “Stay away from Lee Joon as much as possible. I don’t have a good feeling about him. He may, one day,” She looked directly at her. “Ruin you.”

“Maybe, unni,” Amber smiled at her. “Maybe this could be your first incorrect guess.” She went on when BoA didn’t say anything. “From what I see, he can be trusted if you look past his immature personality. He’s not as dumb or useless as one might think of him to be.”

“You’re not taking my advice then?” BoA’s asked, her face emotionless. “I’ll keep it in mind.” Amber answered her. “What about Henry?”

“Henry’s my friend.” Amber’s eyes brighten. “He’s fun and respects me but the most important of all is..” Her voice trailed off as she glanced about the room.

BoA titled her head. “What?“

“Most important thing is,” Amber sighed. “He’s normal. A normal guy living a normal peaceful life.” She looked at BoA in eye. “I know we cannot have a normal life like any other person but it feels nice to be away from our world even if it is just for a day.” Amber looked down and played with her fingers. “Have you ever felt that way before?” Silence filled the space between them.

“I did once.” BoA walked away from her and stood by the window, sunlight shining on her. “Thoughts like ‘Why me? Why not someone else?’ always run through my head. I didn’t like the world we live in.”

“Neither one of us did.” Amber said quietly. “Remember? We were always fighting when we were brought in to be trained by you.” BoA nodded as she turned her back against the window.

“You know, I ran away once.” Amber opened in surprise. “You did?”

“Yes, it happened when I was still in training.” BoA tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “I was depressed at the time and when an opportunity appeared, I ran.” She leaned against the window and crossed her legs at the ankles.

“I felt happier. It was hard at first, adjusting to my new found freedom but not even an empty stomach can bring me down.” She stared into the distance as she thought about the past. “I started working at pubs because no one would employ someone without a high school diploma and also because the pay was good. I could easily earn a few hundred a night through tips. I worked hard and played hard, heading to clubs when I had a night off.”

“But wouldn’t Matsuka have ordered his men to find you and bring you back?” She crossed her arms while looking at Amber. “He didn’t because he knew I would come back.”

“And you did,” Amber stared at her. “But why? You were free.” She dragged a chair and dropped herself on it.

“I was .” BoA said nonchalantly while Amber was too shock to respond. “I was clubbing one night when I got into trouble for insulting some corporate big shot.” Her voice was as hard as stone as she told the story. “I’ve never felt as helpless in my entire life as I lay on the couch in the club’s VIP room while the man and his friends tore clothes off my body. Screams were ignored and I struggled to free myself but they held me down until they were done with me.” BoA pushed herself away from the window and walked towards Amber. “If I didn’t run away, I would have avoided this but I did. I cried night and day, and even tried ending my life.”

“You asked me a long time ago about the scars on my wrist but I didn’t tell you.” She pulled back her sleeve, showing Amber her scarred wrist. “Now you know.”

“While slicing my wrist and watching the blood drip from it,” Amber reached for her hand and held it tightly. “At that moment, I blamed myself. This wouldn’t have happened to me if I had stayed put and continued my training. I was the best in my group and everyone looked up to me, respected me. But after I left, people around me treated me like dirt. I was oblivious to it because the only thing that occupied my mind was my freedom. I grew angrier as I thought more about it and this prompted me to return to Matsuka. I have never regretted my decision."

“Now, in our world.” BoA rested her hand on Amber’s head and played with her hair. “No one dares to disobey me, they fear me instead. They know their lives would be hanging by a thin thread if they dared to get on my bad side. I worked hard to reach to this powerful position and all will go down the drain if I left this for a normal life.”

“Unni, you are really strong for going through all that by yourself.” BoA smiled. “I guess I was strong. That was a valuable lesson to me and it strengthens my loyalty towards Matsuka whenever I think of it because I wouldn’t be where I am right now if it weren’t for the second chance he offered me.” Her hand slide away from Amber’s head as the latter got up from her seat

“Unni,” Amber wrapped her arms around BoA’s small frame. “I know you’re just looking out for me.” She rested her head on her shoulder. “I love you for that.”

BoA returned the hug and gave her a squeeze. “I won’t let anything get in my way or my family’s. I love you all.” She let go of Amber and checked her watch. “I’m going to be late for my flight.”

“How can you be late for your flight when you have a personal jet waiting for you?” Amber and the mood lightened.

“We’ll get this job done before you get back from the trip.”


 
~~


“They are a bunch of Japanese rivals of Matsuka’s,” Sulli read from the information inside the folder. “They planned to get rid Matsuka.”

“And they just landed here a few days ago,” Krystal leaned her head against Sulli’s and read BoA’s scribbled hand writing. “That info was written three weeks ago.” Krystal pointed at the date of the memo and flipped through the pages. “Here’s a recent one, written a week ago.”

“They’re going to ambush Matsuka at his seaside home next week.” Krystal read. “That would be this week. Could the business trip be scheduled intentionally to avoid this?” She glanced at the others.

“Maybe.” Kibum looked away from his laptop. “What else did she write?”

“Um,” Sulli flipped to the last scribbled page. “This one’s written three days ago.” She squinted as she read the writings. “They hired a yacht and,” She paused to figure out the sentence. “It’s situated near Matsuka’s seaside residence.”

“What’s the company of the hired yacht?” Krystal gave Kibum the name and he went to work.

“I suppose the rivals didn’t know about Matsuka’s sudden change of schedule because it says here,” Sulli jabbed at the folder. “They are planning to ambush him this Friday,” She looked up. “The day after tomorrow.”

“Where are we gonna attack them?” Victoria turned to Amber, who was watching a TV show while munching on potato chips. “You guys,” Kibum called out and brought his laptop into the middle of the living room. “The hired yacht is huge, look at it.” All of them inched forward to take a look of it.

“It’s big enough to fit the five gang leaders and their men.” Kibum scrolled down the page. “So, what’s our plan?”

“We’ll get rid of them while they are en route to Matsuka’s home.” Amber switched off the TV and offered the chips to them. “This will be easy.”


 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The moon was hiding behind the clouds and the sea pitch black as thunder rumbled in the distance. But the gloomy weather outside did not dampened the high spirits of the people inside the yacht as they toasted to each other and tinkling of champagne flutes plus loud chatter can be heard from the deck.

While the people in the cabin had fun, their men were patrolling the deck and shivered at the chilly breeze.

“Damn old geezers,” A man brought his hands together and warm them. “Could have at least let us stayed near the cabin. It’s cold out here.”

“Hey, lower your voice.” Someone bumped his shoulder. “You wouldn’t want to get into trouble.” The latter said as he placed his hands under his arms.

“Onichan,” The man turned to him and gestured at the warmly lit cabin. “Why do they need us to guard the yacht anyway? Who’s gonna attack us from the sea?” He raised his cupped hands to his mouth and blew into them. “We’re not even near the mansion yet.”

“Who knows what goes on in their heads?” He brought out his hands from under his arms and slid them into his pockets.

“What are you doing?” The younger man looked around in alarmed when the other man took out his gun. “I heard a splash.” He leaned over the deck railings and peered at the water below the yacht. “It came from here.” He took out a mini torchlight and shone it at the dark waters.

“Maybe you were hearing things.” He patted the man’s shoulder. “Let’s get closer to the cabin for heat.” The man was left standing alone when his partner left him in the direction of the cabin.

He continued to scan the waters for any suspicious movements but couldn’t find any. “Maybe the cold is playing tricks on me.” He shook his head as kept his gun and torchlight, heading towards the cabin.

 

~~
 

Footsteps were heard walking away from the side of the deck and the sound grew more distant before Amber allowed herself to relax.

“Damn it, Joon.” She dropped her hand that was clamping his mouth. “Why did you have to splash so loudly?”

“It’s not my fault, the flippers are super long and when I kicked.” She adjusted her diver goggles and reached for the waterproof bag that he was holding. “It splashed a little louder than usual.”

“Whatever, just be careful.” She ped the bag and took out a few palm-sized black boxes. “Now, focus.” The sea water was up till their necks as they kicked their legs to keep themselves afloat and they could feel the chill on their wet faces. “Stick this lot evenly on the sides of the hull.”

“And activate them.” Amber reached for her mouthpiece that was linked to an oxygen tank behind her back. “When you’re done, meet the others at the end of the yacht.”

“Hey, where are you going with those?” Joon pulled her arm before she went under water. “I’m sticking them at the base of the yacht. Stop wasting time and start working.” Amber pulled her arm from him and clicked on the flashlight she wore around her head before diving into the water.

“Look who’s talking.” Joon muttered to himself as he held the bag above the water. “She splashed too.” 

Amber kicked hard and followed the light as it guided her to the base of the yacht. She glanced at her watch and 2110 hours glowed at her. Still within the time frame, she reached the bottom of the yacht and started sticking the explosives evenly on the base. Red dots on the five boxes began blinking once it was activated and she returned to the surface.

“Unni,” Sulli turned around when Amber surfaced behind of her. “I think most of the men have returned to the cabin, I don’t hear any footsteps on the deck anymore.” Amber took out her oxygen mouth piece. “Where’s hyung?”

“He went around to double check the pops.” Joon was holding the bag above his head. “Did you just call the explosives, ‘pops’?” Sulli pushed her goggles away from her face. “Yeah, explosives explode don’t they.” Joon shifted the bag to his other hand.

“But explosives don’t ‘pop’.” Sulli shook her head. “You never make sense, do you?” Amber snorted. “When has he ever made sense?” She checked her watch again.

“You know what? I’ll just keep my mouth shut.” Joon sighed as he switched the bag from his sore arm to another. “That’s probably the wisest thing you have uttered since I met you.” Amber smirked.

“Yeah, yeah. What’s taking him so long?” He sighed again. “My arm hurts from holding the bag.”

Amber swam over to him and slapped his arm, reaching for the bag. “It’s a waterproof bag.” She zipped the opening and passed it back to him. “Quiet.” Sulli raised a finger to at the others as footsteps grew louder.

“We’ll make a move as soon as hyung’s back.” Amber checked her watched again when the sound of footsteps faded.

“He’s back.” Joon stared at the air pockets bubbling up next to him and Kibum emerged from the water. “Everything’s set,” He said after pulling out his mouth piece.

“Okay.” They swam towards the steps leading up the yacht and looked around. 
“Try not to let the body drop onto the floor.” Amber told Joon while pulling herself up onto the platform. 

They cleared their diving equipments and reached inside the waterproof bag for their guns. “Kibum and I will head to the meeting room. You guys make sure the deck’s clear.” Amber said as she slings another bag over her shoulder and went up the steps after Kibum. “And get the place ready.”

“Come on,” Sulli said as she tucked extra magazines around the belt of her diving suit. “This thing is huge.” Joon’s eyes scanned the yacht from top to bottom. “Where’s the meeting room again?”

“It’s on the second floor.” Sulli pulled him behind a pillar when she heard footsteps that was accompanied by a shadow. She pulled the trigger the moment a man appeared and lunged forward to catch his body before it could hit the floor. “Hold this,” She passed her gun to Joon and dragged the body towards a bench, kicking the body under.

“We have to split.” Joon returned the gun to her. “I’ll take the left side.”

Sulli nodded. “We’ll clear this floor and meet at the front before heading down the decks.” With that, she left him and proceeds to the right with her gun held out.

“This is a damn big ship.” Joon muttered as he stalked the corridor. He cursed under his breath when a door opened and five men walked out of it. Joon shot them before they could see him and they fell onto the floor with loud thuds.

“Hey, what’s happening?” A voice called out from inside the room. Uh-oh, Joon quickly reached for the bag he was carrying and tore it open.


 
~~


“Something’s wrong,” The man looked at the others around the table and threw his cards down. “I’ll go check.” He pulled a gun out of his pocket. “I’m gonna wring their heads if it’s a false alarm.” He was heading for the door when it opened and something was thrown into the room. The object started emitting smoke and soon everyone in the room was clutching their chest, coughing hard before falling unconscious.

The door opened and Joon dragged the five bodies from the corridor into the room. “10 down.” He depressed the button on the door knob from the inside and shut the door.


 
~~


The man’s head jerked forward as he collapsed but a pair of hands caught hold of him and let him down on the floor slowly.

“Hyung,” Amber whispered to him as he emptied the dead man’s gun. “This is the room.” She placed the bag she was carrying down on the floor and reached inside. “Gas the room before killing the leaders.” Kibum caught the gas cans that Amber threw and went ahead, leaving her to finish her job.

Kibum pulled the pin of the gas cans and held the door open, throwing it into the room before shutting it. He held onto the doorknob as the other side tried opening it and thumped the door but all grew fainter after a while and Kibum entered the room.

Champagne bottles were littered around the place while broken glass shards crunched beneath his feet as Kibum walked across the room. He looked around and identified the five targets, sending them to their deaths with a bullet to the head.


 
~~


Amber went around the exterior of the cabin, placing explosives and activating them when she saw movement from the corner of her eye. She continued acting busy with the explosives as she reached for her gun.

“Put your hands up where I can see them and turn around.” Amber heard the click of a gun. “Or I’ll shoot.” She stopped what she was doing and held her hands up. Amber noticed the scars on his face, presumably from previous fights as he stepped into the light. “Who are you?” He asked.

The man fired a warning shot into the air in attempt to frighten her when she refused to answer but Amber barely flinches. Amber eyed him as he step closer to her. “Answer me or you’re dead.” He pressed the gun tip on her forehead.

“Hey Amber! Is everything alright?” Someone shouted.

The man’s attention on her broke as he looked around for the source of the voice. Amber took the chance, grabbing his hand which held the gun and moved out of the way. The man struggled and accidentally pulled the trigger which shattered the glass window behind of her.

Amber punched him and pushed him back against a wall, slamming the gun-holding hand against it which made him lose grip of it. She punched him one last time and quickly reached for the fallen gun, killing him before he could come after her.

“I heard a gunshot and you didn’t answer me.” Kibum dashed onto the scene. “Ah.” He looked at her emptying the gun before throwing it on the dead man.

“Is everything set?” He asked her as Amber picked up where she had left off. “I have a few more to set up. Why don’t you check on the other two? I can handle it from here.”


 
~~


“Set the explosives,” Sulli passed Joon the bag after taking out a few. He juggled five in his hands and dumped them on the floor at the corner of the room. “Hey! Careful with it!” She hissed at him from the other side of the room.

“Sorry.” Joon muttered and they work in silence.

“So, how’s Lucifer?” He suddenly asked. “He’s good but playful.” Sulli giggled at the thought of her dog. “A few days ago, he went into Krystal’s room and somehow managed to get into her closet.”

“Luc,” Sulli activated the last explosive and came over to Joon’s side. “He got into her closet and messed the whole place up. Krystal was so mad when she found Luc and Jules playing among the heap of her designer clothes.” Joon looked at her sideways as they got to their feet after setting up the place. “What did she do?”

“My sister screamed and got them out of her room.” Sulli zipped the bag and sling it over her shoulder. “I saw them whimpering while scratching on her door. She had to let them in just so they’ll stop damaging her door.” She switched off the lights and left the room with Joon.

“But there’s a downside to this,” Joon stepped over bodies of the men that they had earlier knocked out. “She has a good to reason to go shopping again.”

“Now that you mentioned it,” He closed the door behind them and walked up the flight of stairs. “The fashion show is coming up soon, when is it?” Joon ran his hand through his damp hair and flicked it away from his face.

“It’s two days from now.” She looked over her shoulder as she talked to him. “We can’—“

Joon covered with his hand and pulled her back against his body. “Shhh.” He whispered into her ear.

Both of them stood in the shadows, listening to the sound of footsteps as it walked past them. “Get inside the room,” Joon whispered to her, pushing her back to where they had come from. “Go!” He hissed at her when she refused to listen to him.

After he was sure Sulli was in the room, he walked up the stairs slowly with his gun held in front of him. He looked out of the stairs opening and saw two men talking at the end of the yacht. He saw them looked over the edge, down at the platform where they had left their diving equipment.

Joon was about to go after them when a loud gunshot rang from the deck above him. The men turned around at the sound and noticed him. “Hey!” The shorter one between the two took out his gun and opened fire at Joon, who turned and leaned back against the wall, dodging the bullets.

“Here it goes.” He took a deep breath and returned fire. The shorter man dropped onto the floor when a bullet hit his leg which momentarily distracted his partner. Joon shot him in the chest but the man simply staggered and ran from the scene. “Damn vest.” He said through clenched teeth.

Joon killed the man who was struggling on the floor and went searching for the other man. He kicked open a door leading to one of the rooms and looked sideways to check whether there’s anyone behind the door when he was grabbed from behind.

The man slammed Joon’s wrist against the door frame and he dropped the gun from pain. Joon kicked the man’s shin, freeing himself and reached for his gun but a foot kicked it away which he responded by sweeping his leg under the man. The man fell and hit his head on the hard surface but scrambled to his feet quickly as if his head didn’t hurt.

Joon moved backwards to avoid the man’s punches and turned his body, lifting his leg in the process. He aimed his high kick and his feet came in contact with the man’s head. Joon punched the man repeatedly as he advanced towards him but the latter shielded his head from Joon’s punches with his arms.

The man lunged forward and toppled Joon onto the ground, punching him in the face. Joon reached for the man’s neck and tighten his grip on it. But the man merely snatched his hand away from his neck and latched his huge hands around Joon’s neck.

Joon scratched the man’s face weakly as his face slowly turned into a dark shade of red. He was wheezing for air while kicking the floorboards, trying to free himself when someone came up from behind of the man.

Through his tear filled vision, he saw a pair of hands reached for the top of the man’s head and chin, twisting it in a swift move. He gasped for air the moment he was allowed to breathe and Sulli kicked the man aside to reach him.

“Hey.. Oppa.” Sulli’s hair fell over his face when she bent down to check on him, touching his neck. “Nothing serious.” She said and helped Joon to sit upright.

“Nothing serious?!” He wheezed, holding his throat. “He just bruised your esophagus.” She rubbed his back, calming him. He scoffed and tensed up when Sulli took her gun out and turned around, aiming at the stairs leading down from the deck above.

“Woah, put the gun down.” Kibum jumped off the last steps and walked towards them. “It’s just me.” He took a peep at the stairs that led down to the deck below and whistled. “There’s a lot more men down here than in their bosses’ room. So, everythings’s good?”

“Yeah.” Sulli stood on her feet and looked at her watch. “Victoria unni, should be here soon.” She snatched her bag off the floor and walked towards the end of the yacht.

“What happened to you?” Kibum helped Joon to stand while the latter had his hand around his neck. “Got strangled.” Joon massaged his sore neck.

“We’ll be home soon.” Kibum swung his arm over Joon’s shoulder and walked. “Then, I’ll find someone to serve and nurse ‘Your Majesty’.”

“Har har,” Joon nudged Kibum in the ribs and looked past him at the speedboat in the distance. “She’s here.”

Both of them were almost at the platform when the speedboat reached the yacht. “Hey ya, kiddos.” Victoria turned off the engine and remained in the speedboat. “Start packing.”

“It’s all set.” Amber stepped on the platform and helped Joon with the loading of their equipment. “The sea is getting a ‘lil rough.” She said as she handed the oxygen tanks to Kibum to arrange.

“Yeah, a thunder storm is scheduled to come up later this evening.” Victoria walked to them with a basket. “Refreshments, anyone?” Sulli took a bottle of orange juice and passed one to Kibum. “We better leave before the storm starts.” Victoria hold onto the speedboat railings to steady her as a big wave hit the boat.

“Okay, let’s go.” Amber climbed into the speedboat after Joon and stood next to Victoria while she powered up the boat. “This should be what you’re looking for.” Victoria reached across the panel and passed her a black remote while accelerating the speedboat.

“I’m gonna make a countdown,” Amber shielded her face from the spray of seawater as boat gained speed.

“3.” She switched on the remote and pulled the antenna up.

“2.” Her thumb flipped open the case that shields the red button.

“1.” All of them except Victoria focused on the yacht as it grew smaller in the distance.

The moment she pressed the red button, the yacht burst into a ball of flames and debris flew in all directions as the explosives around the yacht detonated. The once majestic yacht was now reduced to piles of wood floating around the vicinity while the ship frame sinks into the rough tides.


 
~~


Nichkhun walked out of the teashop and dialed the number listed first on the speed dial. “You have reached this number and the phone is currently switched off. Please leave a message after the beep.”

“Hmm,” He glanced at his watch. “It’s a little early to be in bed.” Nichkhun was typing a message when he bumped into someone.

“I’m sorry.” He bowed to the person briefly and looked up at the sky. It was supposed to be a full moon tonight but it was hidden behind the layer of dark clouds. Maybe it’s a bad idea to ask her out now, Nichkhun sent another message to Victoria to cancel his plan as thunder clapped in the distance.

“Hey! You!” A hand reached for Nichkhun’s shoulder and pulled him back forcefully, landing him on his bottom. “What do you want?” He pushed himself off the ground as he looked around him. There were six men surrounding him and they reeked of alcohol. Just my luck, Nichkhun bent down to pick his phone from the ground.

“You knocked into me.” A man with bleached blond hair stepped closer to him as he took a swing from the beer bottle. “And I apologized.” Nichkhun stared back at him. “Look, I’m not gonna fight you so, just walk away from this.” He pushed his way out of the group but one of them pulled him by his arm.

“You think we can’t fight!” The guy with electric blue hair and nose piercings glared at him. “Let go of my arm.” Nichkhun warned him.

“I’m gonna prove to you that we can!” The boy punched Nichkhun and he tripped but caught himself before he fell to the ground. “I don’t want to fight you.” He walked away from the group but they came after him and started attacking.

Nichkhun caught a man’s arm and twisted it behind him while he swept another under his feet. “Stop it.” He pushed the man away from him and looked around at the others. “And no one gets hurt.” He turned his back and walked away.

Nichkhun moved his bottom jaw from side to side and touched it. “Drunkards.” He shook his head.

“Hey!”

He turned around and the last he saw before he passed out was the sight of a beer bottle swinging his way.


 
~~


“What are you doing here?” Victoria asked as they stepped off the speedboat while Matsuka’s men bowed to them and unloaded the boat. “You’re supposed to be at home.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Krystal rolled her eyes, running her hand through her hair. “Well, I’m not.” She moved out of the way for the men and walked next to Amber. “Luc and Juliet are driving me nuts.” She whined while the group of them walked on the path leading back to the mansion from the private dock.

“What did they do this time?” Kibum wrapped the towel that was given to them, around his shoulder. “They went into my closet again and chewed my shoes!” Krystal threw her hands up in the air. “My Louboutins are gone!”

“I knew something was wrong when they disappeared from my sight,” Sulli came over and draped her arm around Krystal’s shoulder while she continued her story. “They were having a tug-of-war with my shoe when I found them.”

“What did you do?” Joon jogged up the slope and entered the guarded compound of Matsuka’s mansion. “Made dog soup out of them?” All of them stopped walking and stared at him in disbelief. “What the hell?!” Amber slapped his arm. “Hey! That was a joke!” Joon defended himself.

“That was not funny,” Krystal narrowed her eyes at him. “Okay, fine. I’m sorry.” Joon said in a fake sugary voice. “So what did you do?” She waked past the sliding doors and settled on the white couch in the living room. “I dragged them by the collars,” She suddenly smiled. “And fed them bacon that I found in the fridge.”

“What?” Victoria came back into the room with a change of outfit and fiddled with her phone. “You fed Lucifer and Juliet, bacon?”

“Yup,” Krystal took off her shoes and brought her legs up on the couch, hugging them. “Initially, I was pissed at them but,” Sulli had changed into an oversized shirt and leggings, tying her hair up as she sat down next to her sister. “Oh boy..”

“This wardrobe massacre,” Kibum stifled a laugh at Krystal’s choice of words while drying his hair. “Might be a blessing in disguise. The dogs probably didn’t like what they found in my closet which is why they ripped the place apart.”

“What kind of logic is that?” Victoria smiled when she saw a missed call and two messages from Nichkhun. “My point, exactly.” Amber agreed with her while Victoria read his messages.

Victoria dialled his number as she left the group and stood by the windows, looking out into the sea. “Rain is not gonna prevent me from meeting you,” She chuckled, waiting for Nichkhun to pick up the call.

Unconsciously, a wide smile appeared on her lips when the call went through. “Nichkhun, I don’t mind meeting you despite the unfavourable weather.”

“Ohhhhh, so that’s your name.” Victoria froze and her smile disappeared when someone else’s voice answered the phone. “Who is this? Where is Nichkhun?” She raised her voice and the others look at her.

“Shh.. why are you mad?” Drunken laughter filled the phone as Victoria went to Kibum and held the phone to her chest. “Kibum, I want you track this call. Do it now.” He nodded and rushed off to retrieve his laptop. “I’m asking you,” Kibum came back into the room and she gave him the number. “Who the hell are you!”

“Where are my manners?” Victoria shut her eyes and opens them after taking a deep breath. “I’m Dooj-j-joon.” Kibum gave her a thirty second countdown for him to locate the call. “Took you long enough to answer a simple question.” She hissed. “Why do you have Nichkhun’s phone and where is he?”

“He must be your boyfriend or else you wouldn’t be so concerned about him.” She rested a hand on her waist and walked out of earshot of the others.

”Hey, you!” The man named Doojoon walked over to Nichkhun, who was strapped to a chair with his mouth gagged. “Your girlfriend is on the phone.” Nichkhun stared him down and mumbled. “Dumb, dumb.” Doojoon pulled the cloth away from his mouth. “I can’t hear you.” He put the call on loudspeaker and passed it to the boy that was standing by his side. “I don’t have a girlfriend.” Nichkhun said.

“Really? You heard that didn’t you,” Doojoon looked at the caller ID.

“Victoria?” She dropped herself into the couch, reaching down to pull off her heels. “I never said I was his girlfriend.” Kibum held up two fingers when she looked over. Twenty seconds more, Victoria ignored the quizzical look Joon gave her.

“Hmm, how would you react when,” Doojoon took off his jacket and tossed it aside while someone shoved the ball of cloth back into Nichkhun’s mouth. “I do this.” He pulled back his right arm and punched Nichkhun, causing him to fall sideways onto the ground along with the chair.

“What did you do!” Victoria shouted into the phone when she heard a crash on the other side. “I just gave him a little smack on the cheek and he fell.” She tightened her grip on her phone. “What do you want in order to let him go? Cash?! Give me the figure.”

“I’m not sure about money but I know one thing,” Doojoon titled his head as he looked down at Nichkhun who was glared while shaking his chair violently. “Looks like your boyfriend has something to say.” Doojoon snatched the cloth out of his mouth.

“Victoria! Don’t give him anything! Call the police! Don’— ughh!” Nichkhun stopped short when Doojoon kicked his stomach. “He is very noisy.” He kicked him again and Nichkhun rested his forehead on the ground, coughing out blood.

“Stop whatever you’re doing to him!” Victoria shouted and rushed to Kibum’s side when he found the location. “Its north of the city and, about twenty minutes drive from here.”

“I swear I would make you regret this.” Victoria hissed into the phone and ended the call. “Amber, give me your shoes and,” Amber took off her army boots and passed it to her. “Krystal, can I have your car?”

“Unni, what is happening?” Sulli asked while Victoria wore her leather jacket and later straightening the shirt inside. “My friend is in trouble. I’m going to get him now.” Krystal placed her car keys on Victoria’s open palm.

“We can go with you.” Amber stood up and reloaded her gun. “No. I can handle this. The kid over the phone.. I doubt it will be a problem for a member of Matsuka’s team.” Victoria smiled, gathering her hair into a ponytail.

“Kibum,” She said over her shoulder as she rushed out of the room. “Send the location to Krystal’s GPS.”

“Victoria.” Her hand rested on the front door handle and turned around. “You didn’t take these.” Joon passed her a gun and some magazines. “Be careful.” He looked concerned.

“I will.” Victoria smiled and patted his arm before she turned her back on him.


 
~~


The GPS location brought Victoria to a winding road up a hill and there were a lot of people milling around cars that were parked by the side of the road. “Is this a racing venue?” Custom painted cars fitted with windbreakers and flashy wheel rims caught her eye.

She parked the yellow Mini Cooper behind a heavily customized car and got out. “I haven’t been to one of these in a long time.” Victoria lifted the back of her shirt and stuck the gun in the waistband of her jeans while looking around the place.

The crowd was mostly made up of people in their early twenties with wild hair and piercings while some girls only wore bikini tops and shorts that were so short, you could see their underwear.

“The weather’s damn cold,” Victoria shook her head as her eyes followed a girl with minimal clothes on. “I’d be freezing if I wore that.” She zipped her jacket up to her neck.

“Excuse me,” She stopped a man in his path. “Do you know a guy around here named Doojoon? Hey!” Victoria snapped her fingers at the man, who looked away from staring at her body. “No, but,” He came closer to her. “I do know someone called Junho.” He rested his hand on her waist and pulled her to him.

“Stop playing with me.” Victoria reached for his hand and twisted his fingers. “Do you know the guy?” People were now looking their way and pointing as she tightened her grip while he bend his body along to minimize the pain.

“Yes! Yes!” She let go of his fingers and he held them, wincing. “He’s the guy in charge of the place.” He tried to walk away but she pulled him back. “Not so fast.”

“Take me to him.” He rolled his eyes at her and guided her through the crowd. “Damn, what’s your problem? I was just flirting with you; do you have to do that?” Victoria saw him flexed his fingers.

“I’m not in a good mood.” She ignored the random whistling from the men in the crowd. “You just picked the wrong girl to mess with.” They pushed their way out of the hordes of people and walked towards the white tents that were set up behind the crowd.

“This is it.” The man stopped in front of two tattooed men, who were standing guard outside a tent. “Thank you.” Victoria said to him before she approached the men. “I want to meet Doojoon.”

“He’s not available.” The man with shades said without glancing at her. “He will be.” Victoria crossed her arms and said firmly. “Tell him Victoria wants to meet him.”

“No can do.” The man merely chuckled at his partner, who scoffed. “Bug off.” She stared at him before turning away.

“Who does this chick think she is? Though she is kinda ho—“ The man stumbled when a fist hit his face.. “What the hell?” Victoria punched him in the abdomen and reached for his arm, flipping him over her.

“B.itch!” He shouted at her as Victoria pulled his arm behind him and jabbed her knee in his back. “Pass the message.” She stared at the other man whose mouth was hanging open. “Please.” He turned back and scrambled into the tent.


 
~~


“Welcome.” Victoria entered the tent and looked around. There were about ten men inside along with several scantily clad girls. “You are beautiful, Victoria.” Her eyes stopped scanning the place and focused on a man. “I’m the one and only Doojoon.”

“How old are you, punk?” She titled her head, staring at him. He sat at the couch with two girls at either side of him while bottles of beer lay at his foot. “I’m twenty seven. You?”

“Definitely older than you.” Doojoon stared at her as she walked around the room, scrunching her nose at the smell of alcohol. “An older woman.” He his lips while he ran his eyes over her body. “I like that.” He frowned and pushed the girls away from him. “Get out!”

Victoria crossed her arms while looking over her shoulder at the girls, who left the room one by one. “I have never taken interest in older women.” She turned back and her eyes followed him as he circled her, staring at her body. “But you might be an exception.”

“Nice you have there.” The moment his hand touched her bottom and she elbowed him before turning around, grabbing him by the neck and threw him to the ground. “Cut the chase. Where is he?” His men in the room came up to her, ready to tackle her when he raised his hand to stop them. “Halt.”

Doojoon leaned on his arms as he looked up at her, smirking. “Feisty.” Victoria ignored him and repeated her question. “I’m not letting you and him go so easily. Why not make a deal?”

“What?” Victoria stared at him while he got back on his feet. “You will have to compete with my best racer.” She raised her eyebrow and scoffed. “That’s it?”

“Well, if you win,” Doojoon crossed his arms and paced. “I’ll let you leave with him. But if you lose,” He looked at her with a naughty smirk. “I would still let him go based on one condition. That you stay back with me.” He walked closer to her and touched her smooth cheek. “And I’ll show you what I can do to make you a happy woman.”

“You can make me happy by staying away from me.” Victoria pushed him away from her and looked at her watch. “I want to see him.” She kept her voice even while trying to stop herself from imagining the worst case scenarios. “For all I know, he could be dead.” She stared at Doojoon. “I want to see him.”

“I guess it wouldn’t hurt to show him to you.” He motioned to his men and they disappeared behind a curtain that led to another tent. “I take this as your agreement to race then.” She pursed her lips and stood with her back facing him.

Victoria gasped when two men dragged an unconscious Nichkhun by his arms into the room and dropped him in front of her. “Nichkhun.” She fell to the ground next to him and turned his face to her. “What did you do to him!” He didn’t stir as Victoria propped him up against her body.

She traced the dried stream of blood from his face to the top of the head and parted his hair, peering at the wound. “He’s far from dead.” Doojoon said nonchalantly and opened a new bottle of beer. “You b.astard!” Victoria looked up from Nichkhun’s bruised cheek and cut lip, glaring at Doojoon as she cradled him.

“V-vic-to..” She looked down and her face immediately softens as Nichkhun tried to speak. “Hey,” Victoria caresses the side of his face. “It’s okay. I’m here.” He struggled to open his welled up left eye while she reached for his hand.

“I..t-thought I heard your v-voice.” He smiled as he gripped her hand weakly before breaking into a long cough. “You’re gonna be okay. Don’t talk, save your breath.” Victoria sooth his coughing fit by rubbing his chest but he winced at her touch.

“What?” She reached for his shirt and pulled it up. “Oh god.” Several reddish-purple spots were forming under the skin and he inhaled sharply when she gently touched his rib.

“So what do you say?” Doojoon came up to them and offered a hand to Victoria. “Are we deal for a race?” She stared at him emotionlessly and swatted his hand away. “I win and we’re free to leave.” Victoria pushed herself off the ground and put Nichkhun’s arm around her shoulder, helping him towards the empty couch.

“That is,” Doojoon smirked as he took a sip of beer. “If, you win.”


 
~~


“Hey! Hey! Move out of the way.” A man pushed his way through the crowd forcefully in order to reach the woman that was dressed in a black leather jacket and grey jeans. “Hey!” He shouted at the woman as she entered the sports car. “You!”

“Yah!” Victoria looked out the car window to see the man she had tackled earlier, rapping on the window. “Open this up!” She obliged and loud cheers from the crowd filled the car. “What is it?” The man stuck his head into the car the moment the window went down.

“I heard that you’re competing with Chansung.” He looked past her and she followed his gaze, looking at the driver in the car next to hers. “What were you thinking?! He’s notorious for cheating!” Chansung glanced over with an eyebrow raised, blowing a kiss to her.

“Junho.” He tore his gaze from the other driver. “That’s your name right?” He nodded as he looked into her dark brown eyes.

“Well, Junho.” Victoria looked away from him and smiled at Chansung, giving him a small wave. “You’ll see who the real boss of the road is.” She turned back to Junho when she heard him let out an exasperated sigh.

“You don’t get it!” Junho gestured wildly and accidentally bumped his head on the ceiling. “Ow..” He rubbed the top of his head as he explains to her. “His cheating has led to other racers’ death before. Not one,” Victoria looked over and saw someone giving instructions to Chansung by the window. “But six!”

“I’m not worried at all.” She ran her hand over the steering wheel and rested the other on the gear clutch. “How can you not be worried?! Plus your car is small! It might be unstable when you race and it looks like it might rain so— “

“Junho.” Victoria said firmly. “I have a friend that they are holding captive and he’ll only be released if I win this race which I will win.” Junho opened his mouth to counter her statement but she held up a hand. “Let me finish. I’m capable of turning this place upside down just to get my friend out but I won’t do that because there are too many innocent people around.” The crowd around them suddenly cheered loudly and an announcement went on in the background.

“I know what I’m doing.” Victoria reached for the seatbelt and pulled it over her body, clicking it into its receiver. “Wish me luck.” She smiled to him before the window went up and she looked to the front.

“I hope you know what you are doing,” Junho stepped away from the car and shove his hands into his pockets. “Or else, you’d end up in a morgue.”


 
~~


“Ladies and gentlemen,” Victoria let the car roll until it reached the starting line before pulling the hand brake up. The announcer walked between the cars and stood next to the flag girl.

“Tonight, we have a very interesting race.” The projector screens displayed live camera feeds of a rowdy crowd that’s waiting at the finish line while another cheered from of behind the competitors.

“The unknown driver in the yellow Mini,” Victoria stepped on the gas pedal, revving the engine of the modified Mini Cooper. “Is challenging the defending champion.” She leaned her head back onto the head rest and looked at her competitor’s car as the announcer hyped the crowd.

“So let’s give it up for the defending champion, Chan-sunggggg!” The announcer pointed to the car on his left and the crowd erupted into loud cheers for Chansung to which he responded with a wink at the camera when it focused on him.

“And the challenger,” Victoria glanced out of her window and caught herself appearing on one of the projector screens. “Vic-to-ri-aaaa!” She shielded her face from a man as he came up to her open window with a camera. Victoria pressed a button and the tinted window went up while the screens displayed a crowd booing at her.

“The level of difficulty for today’s race course varies,” The announcer explained to the crowd as well as both of the drivers while the projector screen displayed camera cuts from different spots around the course. “Today’s race is on a mountain road. With thirty metres between each bend, this would test the drivers’ ability to manoeuvre around the sharp turns and corners that this road has to offer.” He ended his explanation, looking away from the screen and at the competitors.

“So, are the drivers ready?” The announcer continued when he got the thumbs up from Chansung and Victoria. “Let me tell you a trivia fact as the drivers prep themselves for the last time.”

“The only woman to ever win against men in these races was a little known Chinese woman.”

“She left the race scene six years ago and,” The announcer walked closer to the tinted window of the Mini. “There wasn’t anyone like her ever since.”

“I’m just letting you know.” Victoria rolled her eyes when she heard his muffled voice through the window. “I’m not trying to scare you.” She scoffed as she arched her back to reach for her gun and dumped it on the passenger seat. “Yeah right.”

“Well, good luck to you, Victoria.” The announcer talked to his own reflection on the window before returning to his spot next to the flag girl.

The girl held out two different colour flags and raised it above her head.

“Chansung! You beast! Win it for me!” Victoria gripped the steering wheel and looked at the rear view mirror. “No, you b.itch.” She whispered as a bodyguard restrained a girl from running up to Chansung’s car. “I’m winning this race.”

“That was unexpected.” The announcer chuckled as the girl screamed ‘I love you, Chansung’. “I guess lady luck would be on your side. Chansung.”

“Okay now, drivers ready.” The red flag grew more impatiently as the flag girl waved harder while the drivers revved their cars.

“Go!” The girl waved down the green flag and both cars sped past her with the Mini in the lead.


 
~~


Victoria glanced in the rear view mirror and noticed Chansung was catching up on her. She ignored him while she switched gear and turned the steering wheel around completely as they approached a bend.

She had a hand on the wheel and the other on the gearbox, controlling the car as it drifted around the bend.

Car lights flashed from behind as Chansung tried overtaking her but Victoria prevented him from being able to. “Amateur.” She smirked, steering her car to the right, denying him of the chance of squeezing past the Mini. As the second corner is approaching, Chansung took a risk and switched to the next lane, driving side to side with Victoria instead of following behind of her.

“Nutcase is gonna crash into the road barrier if he doesn’t stay behind of me.” Victoria glanced to her right and the other car showed no sign of slowing down. “Well, no one’s stopping him from killing himself.” Both accelerated in hope of out beating each other but as the last five metres approach, Chansung pulled back behind of Victoria when he realized there was no chance of him overtaking her.

“D.amn!” Chansung cursed while turning the wheel and drifted behind of Victoria. “Chansung, I paid you to win.” A man’s voice cackled through the walkie-talkie that was on his lap. “Not follow that b.itch around like a lost puppy!” Chansung stepped down harder on the gas pedal and bumped into the Mini in front of him.


“She won’t give me an opening,” Chansung shouted into the walkie-talkie. “We underestimated her,” He bumped into Victoria’s car again. “Her car must have been modified to run at this speed.”

The speed of the cars decreased as they approached another bend. “I’ll clear a way for you.” The man lowered his voice as he threatened Chansung. “You better win or else, who knows what will happen to your sister. Maybe she’ll serve as a personal slave to me, if you know what I mean.”

“Doojoon, you b.astard!” Chansung shouted into the walkie-talkie. “Leave my sister alone! Yahh!” There was no reply from the other end. “He changed his frequency.” He turned the wheel too early and the car nearly skidded into a tree. “Fcuk him!” Chansung flung the walkie-talkie away from him and stamped on the gas pedal, running into the back of the Mini again.

“What the hell!” Victoria jerked forward as he bumped into her car again. “Krystal will kill me when she sees the condition of the car.” She glanced into the rear view mirror. “Yup, she’s definitely gonna explode.” She muttered through clenched teeth when he ran into the car again.

The race course was almost nearing to an end when there were crowds of people at the side of the road leading to the finish line. They cheered as the two cars drifted around the bend and they jumped out of the way just in time, when the tail of Chansung’s car came too close to them.

Again, Chansung switched to the next lane and both cars were speeding side to side. Victoria tore her eyes away from the road when he honked and Chansung flipped the middle finger at her, smirking before pointing to the front.

Victoria looked back to the front and gasped when two men dropped a gagged and bounded man onto the lane she was speeding on. ”S.hit!” She wanted to switch to the next lane but Chansung isn’t giving her the chance and it left her no choice but to slow the car down.

The wheels started to burn and the car produced a tortured screeching sound as Victoria stepped on the brakes. It slowed her car down significantly, allowing Chansung to overtake her.

She switched to his lane after he took the lead and followed behind closely as both cars approached one of the last few bends.


 
~~


“Chansung is currently in the lead with Victoria tagging along closely,” The commentator’s eyes were fixed on the large projector screen while he spoke rapidly. “Both drivers are currently at the second last bend of the course and Victoria may have a hard time of regaining her original number one position since they are almost at the end of the race.”

Everyone in the crowd paid full attention to the camera feeds on the screen because most of them had placed bets on the winner of the race.

“They have just rounded the last bend and are now approaching as I speak.” The crowd looked away from the screen and cheered loudly as two specks appeared at the end of their vision. “Clearly, we know who the winner of this race is.”

The crowd started chanting Chansung’s name and some were celebrating even before he had crossed the finish line when suddenly his car veered to the right and spun violently in circles as the Mini went around it.

“What the..” The commentator looked back at the projector screen. “Chansung just lost control of the car and Victoria is now the winner.” He gasped as the yellow Mini sped past the finish line. “Of the race. This is the first lost for Chansung and he lost it to a woman.”

The crowd roared with disapproval while Victoria slowed the car and pulled the brakes. She reached for the gun in the next seat and exited the car.

“Oh my god.” Junho ran towards Victoria as she closed the door behind of her. “Oh my god. You beat Chansung on your first challenge. You won!” He walked along with her while she was looking around, searching for Doojoon. “You’re lucky Chansung lost control of the car or else you wouldn’t have won.”

“It wasn’t luck.” Victoria stopped walking and Junho following her gaze, looking at Doojoon. “He lost control because I shot his wheel.”

“You what?” Junho stared at her in shock. “I had to do what was necessary for me to win.” She told him before he was dragged away by Doojoon’s men.

“I won the race,” Victoria slides the gun behind her back and pulled her jacket over it. “Now release Nichkhun.”

“B.itch!” Doojoon rushed forward and threw a punch at her. “You cheated! My men saw what you did!”

“A pot calling a kettle black huh?” She spun around on the spot and delivered a high kick. “You placed an innocent man on the road just to slow me down.” Her feet connected with his head and he fell onto the rough surface of the road. “It’s just fair that I sabotage your chess piece as well.”

“Then you can say goodbye to your boyfriend.” Doojoon got back onto his feet with a fresh cut on his cheek. “Get rid of her!” He shouted at his men as the crowd gathered around them. Five men came at her and she whipped out her gun, shooting their legs which crippled them. People screamed and shouted as they tried to get away from the scene.

“Don’t test my patience. Get him to me now or I’ll wreck this place and kill you.” She glared at Doojoon who looked taken aback. “There’s no need for that.” Both of them looked away from one another and at an attractive man who approached them with Nichkhun supported by his men.

The man wore an all black suit with matching black tie and had red wine short hair with cold sharp eyes peering from beneath his long fringe. He looked familiar to Victoria but she couldn’t recognize him.

“Hyung, I can take care of this. Leave it to me.” Doojoon told him as the man observed Victoria. “And find dead bodies on my territory?” The man’s eyes left her and focused on Doojoon. “I won’t allow that. The man leaves with this woman. End of discussion.”

“But hyung—“ The man cut him short. “I’ll deal with you later.” He glared at Doojoon while he gestured his men to bring Nichkhun forward.

“Have I met you before?” Victoria asked as a man helped Nichkhun into the passenger seat. “You look familiar.”

“I guess we have.” The man smiled at her and laughed. “Qian ah, don’t you remember me?” Victoria was surprised that he called her by the name she once used before she left the racing scene six years ago. She was usually referred to as ‘the Chinese girl’ but only one person called her by that name. “Jaejoong?”

“Yes, I’m Jaejoong.” He broke into a grin and held his arms open. “How are you old friend?” Victoria reached for him and hugged him tight. “I’m good. I see you are too. You’ve change a lot. To the extent I couldn’t recognize you.” She held him at an arm’s length and took a good look at him. “Who knew the nerdy mechanic would become this good-looking.” She winked at him and both had a laugh.

“So what are you doing now?” She ignored the shock look on Doojoon’s face. “Well, I’m a manager right now. I’m in charge of the activities in this territory.” Victoria nodded. “Who are you working for?”

“I can’t tell you.” Jaejoong smiled apologetically at her.

“Hyung!” Doojoon came up to Jaejoong and looked from him to Victoria. “You once told me about the Chinese female racer you used to work with a few years ago was named Qian.” He stared at Victoria and asked quietly. “Did you just call her, Qian?”

“Yes. I’m Qian.” Victoria answered his question and colour drained from his face. “Now, do you realize what a fool you made out of yourself?” Jaejoong asked him while sharing smiles with her. Doojoon muttered under his breath and left the two of them.

“Jaejoong, I have to leave.” Victoria said abruptly and walked over to the driver’s side when lightning flashed, followed by thunder as it rumbled above their heads. “Yes, you should and I’m sorry for what your friend has to go through.” He glanced over at Nichkhun.

“It’s not your fault.” Victoria said as the window went down and she held his extended hand. “Goodbye Jae.” She shook his hand. “And I hope we won’t ever meet again. For safety reasons.”

“I understand.” Jaejoong smiled. “I hope we don’t too. Goodbye Qian.”
 
 
 
Hope you like my new banner :) btw, if you're wondering how long the chapter is, it's 11,530 words long (my longest chapter to date)
I can't express how happy and thankful I am whenever I read your comments. It makes my day and also gives me strength to continue writing, knowing that my fanfic is appreciated. I love my readers! * gives a huge kiss*