Chapter 13

Zero Gravity
“Good morning, Sir.” Amber stood and greeted Matsuka when he entered his office with BoA. “Good morning, BoA sunbae.” She bowed at her.

“Amber. Sit, sit.” Matsuka gestured for her to take her seat as he took his while BoA stood next to him. “You must be wondering why I asked you to meet me.” Amber looked from him to BoA and she gave the latter a puzzled look when Matsuka was on the intercom giving instructions to his secretary.

“Would you like anything to drink?” He asked her and she was caught off guard because Matsuka was never known to be friendly with his employees. “No, sir. Maybe BoA sunbae would like a dr—”

“Get me a cup of espresso.” Matsuka cut her off and gave his secretary his order before turning back to her. “Now, where were we?” Amber stole a glance at BoA and she didn’t show any signs of disappointment when he didn’t bother asking her.

“I’m not sure, sir.” Amber ran her hands down her lap, smoothing her pencil skirt. “You just asked to meet me and here I am.”

“Ah, yes.” Matsuka weaved his fingers and placed them on the desk. “I wanted to praise you and the team for taking care of the threat while I was away.”

“It wasn’t my idea, sir.” Amber stopped when the secretary entered the room with his drink and only continued when they were alone. “You’re too modest.”

BoA smiled stiffly at her when Amber caught her eye.

“Sir, I wasn’t the one who gathered info about these men. We were only given the task to eliminate them. Everything was done by BoA sunbaenim herself.” Amber explained quickly while Matsuka took a sip of his coffee.

“Oh, I see.” He looked down and set his cup on the table. “Well, good job BoA.”

“Thank you, sir.” BoA bowed at him as he leaned back into his chair. “I’ve noticed that you’re very efficient at your job.” Matsuka turned back to Amber. “Would you agree to be my personal bodyguard?”

“Uh..” Amber was surprised and looked to BoA for an answer but the latter averted her gaze. “I would have to turn down the offer, sir. I’m currently satisfied with the position I have.”

“Oh, that’s too bad then.” Matsuka pursed his lips and reached for his coffee. “You’d make a perfect bodyguard of mine.”

“It’s because I was trained by BoA sunbaenim.” She diverted the attention to BoA. “Her coaching shaped the person I am today.”

“True. BoA was and still is the best trainee I’ve ever recruited.” Matsuka nodded. “No one can match up to her but you may take her place one day, if she doesn’t watch out.” Amber looked down at her hands while Matsuka laughed.

“Come on, laugh. It was a joke!” He glanced at the two. “Loosen up. I’m sure BoA isn’t that narrow-minded.”

“No, sir.” She smiled stiffly. “She does have the potential of succeeding me.”

“You see, even BoA agrees with me.” Matsuka nodded and took another sip of his drink. “Work hard and the rewards would be waiting for you at the end of the road.” He waved his hand. “You’re dismissed.” Amber bowed and exited the room.

“Sir,” BoA turned to Matsuka once they were alone. “I think it’s too early to promote her. The team is not yet mature and if she leaves, they might not function well. Sulli might be able to take over Amber but Krystal is still in the early stages.”

“Are you questioning my decisions?” He said softly but his calm demeanor was betrayed when the cup hit its saucer harder than normal. “I might have labeled you as my best recruit but don’t forget you’re not without faults.”

“Yes, sir.” BoA took a step back and faced the front with a stony expression. “I shouldn’t have voiced my opinion.”

“Good, good.” Matsuka nodded and ordered his secretary to enter his room. “You’ve never disappointed me except for that one time,” The secretary entered and left the room with his empty cup. “And you’ve also proven yourself to be loyal.”

“But you shouldn’t push the limit. Understand?” His head turned to the side, glancing at her. “Perfectly well.” She forced herself to keep her emotions in line.

“You can leave.” She bowed at him and left the room while reaching for her vibrating phone. “BoA.” She walked back to her office which was three rooms away from Matsuka’s.

“Agashi. We’ve found the traitor.” Alex saw her approaching and got up from his desk. “Who is it?” She looked on as he swiped the card that only he and BoA have and pushed the door open after tapping in the password. “Yoo Junhyung.” She waved Alex away and walked to her desk, dropping herself onto the comfortable chair.

“He’s under Taesung hyung.” BoA kicked her pumps aside and leaned back. “Where is the kid?” She held her hand in front of her, examining her nails. “We’ve brought him to the warehouse near the port. He wouldn’t confess or reveal any details even though we’ve tried all methods against him.”

“Keep him there until I arrive.” BoA sandwiched her phone between her cheek and shoulder, looking at her other hand. “And Chunhee, did you gather the information I requested?”

“Yes, BoA-sshi. I have it with me right now.” She dropped her hands on her lap. “Does anyone else know about the capture?”

“No.The only people here with me are my men.” BoA nodded and turned the chair around to face the window. “Okay. Let’s see whether or not he’ll talk when I’m there.” She brought out her fingers and looked at them again. “After I get my manicure done.”


 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


“That was the best collection she has ever revealed!” Krystal gushed as everyone in the room gave a standing ovation to the designer. “Her Fall/Winter clothes are so going on my list.”

“So, you’re not mad at Luc and Jules anymore?” Sulli asked her as she clapped. “You nuts?!” Krystal laughed and cheered loudly when the designer took a last bow with her models. “I couldn’t be any happier with them.”

“What’s up with Krystal?” Henry nudged Amber who was clapping politely next to him. “The dogs thrashed her closet and tore her clothes apart. So, now she has an excuse to replenish her wardrobe.” She looked over at her sister. “And guess who’s paying?”

“Who?” He asked even though he knew the answer to that and laughed when Amber gave him a look. “Yeah, yeah. It to be you.” Henry grinned. “Do you think she’ll freak if I tell her I can introduce them to Sooyoung?” Amber was about to answer him when Krystal interrupted her.

“What! You mean we can meet her?!” Krystal turned to Sulli. “Henry’s bringing us to meet Sooyoung!” Sulli responded by screaming and Krystal joined in too. “You got your answer.” Amber smirked at Henry who flinched from the high pitched screams.

“Bring us to her. I can’t wait!” Sulli grabbed his arm and pulled him. “Come on!” Amber stuck her tongue at him when he mouthed ‘Help me’ while being dragged by Sulli.

“Unni,” Krystal draped an arm around Amber’s shoulders and followed after them. “I can’t wait for him to be our brother-in-law.”

“Yah..” Amber looked at her with her eyes wide open. “He can hear you.” She hissed at her, stealing glances at the back of Henry’s head.

“Oppa, will you be my brother-in-law?” Krystal raised her voice, grinning mischievously at the horrified Amber.

Henry turned around and merely winked at Krystal before he was forward at the backstage security personnel by Sulli.


 
~~


The three of them looked on as Henry went to the other side of the room and greeted a slender woman who was dressed in a figure hugging dress. They watched her smiling widely at him and wrapped her arms around him for a hug.

“Yahh unni.”

Krystal and Sulli stood on either sides of Amber, nudging her at the same time. “Look at your competition,” Sulli whispered to her while Krystal criticized her at her left ear. “Didn’t I tell you to always be in your best outfit? How are you gonna beat that body?”

“Shut up, both of you.” Amber slapped the back of their heads as she grew annoyed the scene before her. “Come on, I’m not even wearing jeans,” Amber pointed to Krystal the pencil skirt she was wearing. “I’m wearing a damn skirt because I couldn’t find a single pant in my closet and was late for a meeting with Matsuka.”

“Yeah and look what an ensemble you came up with? You looked like you’re going for a job interview than a hot girl.” Krystal muttered under her breath which earned another slap to the head. “Hey! It hurts.” She complained to Amber but the latter was already onto Sulli.

“And you! What competition are you talking about?” Sulli pointed at Sooyoung. “That woman over Henry.”

“Why am I competing for Henry? He’s only a friend.” The twins glanced at each other and rolled their eyes at Amber. “Uh-huh.”

“What makes you think that I like him?” Amber asked, she crossing her arms and looked over. “Ooh, we have loads of evidence.” Sulli agreed with her twin as Amber stared at the lady’s hand on his shoulder.

“He’s the first guy that you’ve paid attention to.” Krystal named the reason and Sulli ticked her finger. “You smile more when you’re with him.” Amber looked at her and denied. “I do not.”

“Yeah, you do.” Sulli nodded furiously. “At the birthday party, Henry had to leave the room to take a call and you lapsed into your normal self, merely nodding along to our jokes. But when he returned, you sort of brighten up and started laughing.” Amber didn’t know what to say and the twins went on.

“You care a lot about him.” Amber crossed her arms and leaned on a foot. “Prove it.”

“You were worried when Henry became drunk and got defensive when Kibum oppa .” Sulli gave her a small smile. “And you wanted to take him home personally instead of leaving him at a hotel room to stay the night.”

“Hey,” Krystal slapped her sister’s arm. “Imagine this, we could have been aunts right now if unni had stay the night with oppa and you know—“ She howled in pain when Amber flicked her forehead.

“YAH! Get your mind out of the gutter!” Amber cheeks grew pink.”Anyway,” Sulli ignored her and continued.

“The most important of all is,” Henry and Sooyoung had stopped chatting and were now walking towards them. “You hate it when people touch you. But you don’t flinch away when he does it.” She stopped and was star struck when Sooyoung stood in front of them.

“Sooyoung, meet Krystal and Sulli.” Henry introduced her to the twins who bowed nervously at her. “Hello, nice to meet you. I’m Sooyoung.” She returned the bow and held out her hand.

“It’s awesome to finally meet you.” Krystal shook her hand and blushed. “I’m a fan of yours for a very long time.” Sulli who was standing quietly next to Krystal, blurted when it was her turn to shake her hand. “You’re so beautiful!”

“Thank you.” Sooyoung gave her a winning smile. “I love meeting fans and both of you are so adorable!” Amber followed Sooyoung’s every move, from the way gentle way of tucking her hair behind her ear to the demure presence she exudes. It’s no wonder she used to be Henry’s girlfriend, Amber thought to herself and returned a smile when Sooyoung smiled widely at her, she’s so attractive.

“Now, who is she Henry?” Sooyoung asked him in a teasing tone. “Sooyoung, I’d like you to meet Amber.” He reached for Amber, placing his hand on the small of her back and brought her closer. Sulli caught her eye and she nodded at Henry’s hand on her, I told you so.

 
~~


“Hello, Sooyoung.” Henry walked up to her and she excused herself from the group of reporters.
“Henry! You made it to my show.” He nodded at her and she hugged him. “Although you just left a message with my assistant for the invitations.” She looked at him slyly.

“Sooyoung,” Henry looked down at his shoes and mumbled. “I’m sorry for not treating you fairly.” He lifted his head and she was staring at him with a small smile on her lips. “I know I was wrong for what I did to you. I should be the one apologizing. I’m sorry, Henry.”

“I guess we’re cool now.” He gave her a bitter smile and slides his hands into his pockets. “Just as long as you love him with all your heart.” Sooyoung laid her hand on his arm. “You know I love him dearly.” She smiled warmly at him. “One day, you’ll find someone that belongs to you too.”

“Maybe I have.” Henry returned the smile. “Really?” Sooyoung shook his arm excitedly. “Who is she?”

“I’m not telling you.” She pouted when he refused to answer her. “So, Siwon has been telling the truth all this while.” Sooyoung muttered.

“What did he tell you?” Henry stood closer to her. “He’s been complaining to me that you’re not paying attention to him anymore and he thinks you have a girl that you’re not telling him about.” He rolled his eyes, shaking his head.. “He sounds like a girlfriend than my mate.”

“Come on, he’s your best friend.” Sooyoung patted his shoulder and looked past him. “Hey, who’s that girl staring at us? The short haired girl that’s talking to the two girls beside her.” Henry turned to look. “She’s my friend,” Sooyoung nodded. “And the other two are her sisters. They’re the ones that I got the invitation as their birthday gifts.”

“I’m supposed to introduce them to you.” He took her by the arm and guided her towards them. He introduced the twins to her and they had a small talk before Sooyoung landed her eyes on the girl that was staring at them. “Now, who is she Henry?” She .

“Sooyoung, I’d like you to meet Amber.” Henry naturally reached for Amber who wasn’t her usual loud self and pulled her closer. “Amber, this is Sooyoung.”

“It’s nice to meet you.” He was amused with Amber’s shy greeting and playfully nudged her. “I’m Amber.” But she nudged back harder than he did. “Oww.” He said through clenched teeth.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too.” Sooyoung greeted her. “I love your hairstyle. The asymmetrical cut is sharp and edgy.” Amber gently touched her long side bangs. “It really suits you.”

“Um, thank you.” Amber let her hand fall to her side. “It looks gorgeous on her right?” Krystal stepped forward, touching Amber’s silky smooth hair. “I told her she looks good in it but she won’t believe me.” She narrowed her eyes at her.

“Yes, it fits her features.” Sooyoung stared at Amber which made her fidgety. “I suggested to our hairdresser to style it this way.” She relaxed when Sooyoung turned her attention to Krystal. “It was your idea?” Krystal nodded.

“She has a keen interest in fashion.” Sulli complimented her sister. “She’s our family’s personal shopper since we are usually busy with work.” Two light pink patches appeared on her cheeks and Krystal shies away. “She does quite well at shopping with our personal preferences in mind. We rarely disapprove of her choices.” Amber coughed loudly and she corrected herself. “Except Amber unni.”

“Oh. I see.” Sooyoung looked genuinely interested. “Would both you like to give me feedbacks about the collection you just witnessed and also try on the pieces?” Krystal opened in shock and pinched herself. “Okay, I’m not dreaming. We can?” Sooyoung nodded and the twins high fived each other.

“Hey, you guys find yourselves home okay?” Amber told them. “I’m not gonna stick around.”

“But you’re coming to the after party later this evening?” Sooyoung asked. “After party?” Amber turned to Henry. “Yeah, it’s at a friend’s club.” He told her.

“Come on, unni. Come to the after party,” Sulli begged her. “We need a ride home after that. You wouldn’t want us to get kidnapped by some weird dudes right?” She stared at Amber innocently even though they both know very well that Sulli is capable at handling any situation without breaking a sweat.

“Yeah, it isn’t safe for two girls at night.” Sooyoung agreed with her and glanced at her watch. “It’s only three hours to the party. You can hang around the mall with Henry before going to the club.”

“Alright, I’ll go.” Amber said begrudgingly after being put on the spot. “Okay, see you two later.” Sooyoung waved goodbye and guided the twins to the changing rooms.

“There goes my day.” Amber groaned while they exited the exhibition hall where the fashion show was held at. “Don’t be a sour plum.” Henry rested his arm around her shoulders and looked down at her feet. “D.amn.. those heels are killer.” Amber followed his gaze and lifted her feet, staring at the 5 ½ inch heels.

“Yeah, the devil put me through this torture.” Amber pressed the button for the lift. “My feet are yearning for flat ground and I have to be in them for another six hours, at least, before getting home.”

“We can get you a new pair of shoes here.” Both of them entered the lift as he suggested to her. “Huh?” Amber raised her eyebrows. “You have probably forgotten that the exhibition hall is at the top floor of the shopping mall.”

“Oh yeah!” She reached for her sling bag but stopped midway. “But I can’t buy anything. I didn’t bother bringing my purse since the girls had cash with them.” She stepped out of the elevator and sighed. “It’s okay. I’d just have to withstand it for a while longer.”

“I know a place where you’ll love.” Henry took her hand and they walked for a short distance before stopping in front of a shop. “A massage center?” Amber laughed.

“Come.” He tugged her hand and entered the shop. They were directed to a private room and were informed that a person will assist them shortly. “Are you treating me to this in exchange of the dessert you owe me?” She asked as she settled into the two-seater sofa next to him.

“Nah, your dessert deal is still safe. And yes,” He pushed himself to the edge of the sofa. “This is on me. Hey, lemme see your feet.”

“It’s squashed up in the shoe,” Amber reached down and slid the pump off her feet. “My feet’s gonna look hideous.” Henry took the shoe from her and stared at the red creases running along the skin around the area of her red toes.

“It looks painful.” He commented as she took off the other heel and pushed herself off the couch. “This feels so good.” She closed her eyes and sighed while taking small steps bare-footedly. “You’ll feel better after the foot massage.”

“Why don’t you have one since we’re here?” Henry shook his head and stood up when someone knocked on the door. “I’m not the one who had her feet jammed into a kill heel.” He smiled at her and walked past the masseur.

“Where are you going?” Amber frowned and settled back on the sofa when told by the masseur. “I have something to do. I’ll be back soon.” He assured her and closed the door behind of him.

“Bring me food when you get back!” She shouted and she heard him mumbled something in reply. “Whatever! Just get me food!”


 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


“How are you?” Victoria set down the food container on the bedside table and settled into the plastic chair. “I’m okay. I guess.” Nichkhun smiled painfully at her.

She ran her eyes over him. Nichkhun had a thick bandage around his forehead and his swelled eye was now at a darker shade than before. “The doctor said I have a broken rib and a twisted ankle.” He pushed himself off the bed and she helped him leaned back against the pillow she had pulled behind of him. “But other than that, it’s just external injuries. No biggie.”

“No biggie?!” Victoria raised her voice. “You were beaten up and it left you with bruises all over your body plus a deep gash on your scalp.”

“Okay, okay. It’s a big deal.” Nichkhun flinched when she threatened to jab his chest. “I’m sorry.” He apologized to her and she returned to her calm self. “Are you hungry yet?” She looked at her watch. “I made chicken porridge.”

“I’m famished.” Nichkhun rubbed his tummy to prove his point but winced when he accidentally touch his broken rib. “Eat slowly. It’s hot.” She told him and passed the bowl of porridge.

“It’s so, oh my god, delicious!” He said after swallowing a mouthful. “You’re exaggerating.” Her cheeks flushed from his compliment. “It really is!” Nichkhun spooned a little and blew it. “Try it!”

“I know my own cooking..” She chuckled and he fed her the spoon of porridge. “Delicious?” Nichkhun asked her and she played along. “Yes, so yummy!” They laughed and he resume to his meal while she watched him in silence.

“How did you find me?” Nichkhun asked her as he passed her the empty bowl. Victoria made herself look busy, clearing the place up. “I know the guy that kidnapped you.”

“What? You know him?” He stared at her in shock. “What.. how did you do to get me out of there?”

“Nichkhun, there’s something you need to know about me.” Victoria sat on the side of the bed. “I used to race when I was younger. Illegal racing was how I earned a living.” She reached for his hand.

“You were a racer?” He widened his eyes. “Yes, I was.” She patted his hand. “But I quitted 6 years ago.”

“As for the guy, he’s the person in charge of the race.” Nichkhun looked at her closely as if not believing the words coming out of . “And I got you away with a help of an old friend.” Victoria told him the partial truth.

“They let us go without putting up any fight?” He knitted his eyebrows together. “That guy was determined for me to stay and rot there.”

“Well, he couldn’t go against the order of his superior to let go.” Victoria sat closer to him and gently touches his bruised cheek. “Thank goodness, they didn’t do anything worse.” She whispered while examining his face. “You could have been dead.” Nichkhun noticed her wet eyes and tighten his grip on her hand.

“I’m still alive right?” He said softly as his eyes looked into hers. “Thanks to you, I got out of there alive. It must be frightening.” Victoria let out a small smile and looked down. “I’d do anything for you because you’re special to me.”

Nichkhun stared at her. “I have something to tell you too but,” His other hand reached for her and lifted her chin. “I can’t right now.” A smile crept onto his face and he closed the distance between them, his hand slid from her chin and cupped her cheek

“Because you’re special to me too.”

Victoria closed her eyes and he kissed her.

 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


“I fell asleep?” Amber rubbed her eyes and lifted her head from his shoulder. “Why didn’t you wake me?” She rubbed her eyes, looking around her surroundings.

“I tried but you smacked me and told me to get lost or else you’ll kill me.” Henry guided her head back onto his shoulder. “You even kicked my shin.”

“Sorry.” She mumbled and moved closer to him, throwing her arm over his body, hugging him like a pillow. “Just another five minutes.” She whispered and the room fell quiet. He stared straight ahead while his thumb made lazy circles on her arm that’s stretched across his tummy.

“Amber-yah,” Henry rested his cheek on top of her head as her chest rise and fall steadily. “As cheesy as it may sound.” He said softly while matching his breathing with hers. “Thank you for appearing in my life—“ Henry stopped talking when Amber suddenly fidgeted.

She tightened her grip around him and sighed, and he continued. “You helped me get through the pain in my heart that was left behind by her. And you also indirectly helped mend my relationship with her. You made me realize there’s nothing more important than one’s own family.” Henry held her in his arms and her face was pressed against his neck.

“I felt something in me when I saw your interaction with your brother and sisters.” He thought of the birthday party he attended a week ago. “You teased and laughed at each other which reminded me of the past I had with her. There’s still a small fire burning for her, inside of me but I’m learning to let go now. Little by little, until it’s gone..” The words became softer as it trailed from his lips.

“I have feelings for you,” Henry smiled to himself when she let out a soft snore. “But I’ll only make a move when I’m sure the feelings I have for her has disappeared, or else it wouldn’t be fair to you.”

“But for now, I just wanna say.”

He shifted his face and kissed the top of her head.

“Amber Liu, I like you.”

 
~~


“These waffles are delicious!” Amber said and took another bite. “Peanut butter and strawberry jam.. hmmm..” She sighed as the melted peanut butter spread filled .

“Chill, girl.” Henry grinned and bit into his own chocolate spread waffle. “You might choke and you have peanut butter on your cheek.” He took a tissue and wiped the spot away.

“Thanks.” She smiled warmly at him. “What would ever happen to me if my ‘assistant’ isn’t by my side?” Amber winked at him from the top of her waffle.

“You’ll rot?” He jogged away from her to avoid her smacking. “Get back here!” Amber ran after him while people around them looked over as Henry stuck his tongue out at her, weaving his way through the crowd of shoppers.

“Hey, where is she?” He turned back to look and Amber wasn’t anywhere in sight so he back tracked.

“What happened?” Henry walked up to a sulky faced her. “I knocked into someone and my waffle dropped onto the floor.” Amber glared at him and hit him. “I am always never able to savour my food whenever I’m with you.” She narrowed her eyes at him. “What are you? Some sort of bad luck that only applies to food?”

“Come on, don’t be like this.” Henry held up his half eaten waffle to her. “I’ll share mine with you. Happy?” Amber pushed his hand away and gave him a disgusted look. “Eeew.”

“Okay, more for me.” He was about to take a large bite when she pulled his hand away from his mouth. “I was just kidding.” She bit into the waffle and grinned. “Let’s get bubble tea.” Amber pulled him along to the beverage stall.

“Are you happy now?” Henry asked her when they left the stall with a large cup. “So-so.” He snorted and took a sip.

“Henry, thanks for getting me a new pair of shoes.” Amber looked down at her ballet flats. “You didn’t have to actually. The foot massage was good enough.”

“And listen to your complains about how much your feet hurts?” He smirked at her to which she responded with rolling her eyes. They walked in silence and awhile later, she thanked him again. “I wanted to, so, no problem.” He brushed it aside like it’s no big deal but his cheeks gained colour.

That’s the nicest thing anyone’s done for me, she side glanced him, other than unni and the others. Amber stole another glance at her black Ferragamo flats. “I like it.” She lifted her head and smiled at him.

“What do you want to do? We have an hour to kill before Sooyoung’s after party starts.” Henry asked and her mood changed at the mention of the name.

Amber’s face darkened as if a gloomy cloud had appeared above her head. “Eat.” She answered grumpily and pulled him into a café they had just walked past. “Again?” His eyebrows rose and she dumped him into a sofa chair. “Got a problem with that?” She snapped at him and gave the waiter her order.

“You know, you were mumbling about Sooyoung when I drove you home the other day.” Henry nodded, drinking the bubble tea she had abandoned for coffee. “I’m guessing she was your ex-girlfriend and now you’re interested in another girl. Such a playboy.” She clucked her tongue at him, still annoyed with the aforementioned ex name.

“I’m not a playboy.” He frowned. “And yeah, Sooyoung was my ex but FYI,” Amber was taken aback by his reaction when he slammed the cup on the table. “She dumped me.”

“Relax.” She said softly and bowed apologetically at the café’s other patrons. “People get dump all the time.”

“Yeah? Have you ever heard anyone dumping their lover for the father?” Henry said bitterly and leaned back into his seat. “What? I don’t get it..” Amber stared at him, confused. “You mean Sooyoung broke up with you,” She pointed at him. “To be with your dad?”

“I saw a ring on her left hand.” She whispered to herself and she let out a gasp when it hit her. “Your ex-girlfriend is now married to your dad.. which makes her, your stepmother...”

“My family’s messed up right?” Henry said dryly. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” opened and closed as she thought of what to say. “How could you have known?” He muttered and the waiter appeared at their table.

“Yeah, I also heard you mumbling about another girl.” Amber stabbed her two layer chocolate cheesecake.

“What! I mean, what did I say?” Henry sat anxiously at the edge of his seat and she looked him, irritated. “Something about falling in love with her. You didn’t mention her name.”

“Oh.” Henry relaxed and picked up the extra fork. “Looks delicious.” Amber pushed his fork away from the cake with hers. “None for you.”

“But I’m paying!” His fork tried to get past hers but she blocked his every move. “ to be you.” She smirked.


 
~~


“My men found the traitor that worked for the Japanese rivals.” BoA’s high heels clacked loudly as she walked towards a man who was tied up and gagged at the end of the ship.

“I’m just informing you, Amber.” She answered the phone curtly and her eyes fixed on him. “There’s no need for you to be here.” BoA laughed and switched her phone to her other hand.

“I’m in a ship in the middle of the sea after dark. No one will see anything.” She nodded. “Yes, goodbye Amber.” She ended the call and turned her attention to the man.

“So, don’t you just tell the truth?” BoA slid her phone into the pocket of her trench coat and knelt down to the same level as the man.

“You would have saved everyone’s precious time from forcing the words out of you and,” She reached out and gripped his chin, turning his head from side to side. “You wouldn’t have to go through the tortures. “ She examined his bloody left cheek that was earlier branded with a searing hot iron crowbar.

“Have you ever seen anyone this resilient, Taesung?” She got to her feet and turned around. “They would usually talk after they had one of their limbs broken.” BoA glanced at the man’s leg on the floor which was facing a weird angle.

“He’s tough.” She stepped on the broken leg and he let out a muffled scream. The man’s face grew red from shortness of breath as he held onto the pain. “I wonder what the reason is.” BoA crossed her arms and stared at her second-in-command.

“Maybe he knew if he blurted out the information,” Taesung approached the man and stomp on the man’s leg. “He would lose more than a broken limb.” He grinds the heel of his boot on the leg.

“That could be it.” BoA nodded, agreeing with Taesung and held out her hand at Chunhee. “Let’s see how long he can last.” She closed her fingers around the metal pliers and gestured her men. “Untie his arm.”

“Now, tell me what you know or I’ll grow new nails for you.” BoA asked him sweetly as if asking a little kid what their favourite food is.

“Get away, you b.itch.” The man spitted in her face once he was gag-free. “You think you’re an almighty person that everyone’s scared of?” BoA accepted a tissue from Taesung and calmly wiped her face as he punched the man. “Junhyung! How dare you talk to her like that!” Taesung shouted at him. “I can’t believe I trusted you!” He pulled back his arm and landed another punch.

“Halt.” BoA held up a hand to stop him and he retreated. “So you aren’t afraid of me?’ She crouched in front of him and he tried attacking her. “No ****** b.itch can scare me.”

“Stuff him.” She looked on as her men inserted the ball of cloth back in his mouth. “His arm.” BoA flexed her fingers. Junhyung narrowed his eyes at her and struggled when she held the pair of pliers in front of him.

“Young-ah,” BoA glanced over her shoulder at her apprentice who was all along standing next to Chunhee. “Never ever give them a chance to doubt you. Show them what you mean or you will never get the upper hand.”

The girl with identical blonde hair as BoA nodded and smirked, clearly enjoying the scene before her. “Yes, unni.” BoA smiled and clamped down the pliers at the tip of his nail and pulled with all her might.

“MPPPPH!” He let out a muffled scream and tears sprung from his eyes as he stared at his bloody finger that is now without its nail. BoA looked at him without emotion. “How does that feel? Want to have another shot?” She pulled the cloth from his mouth.

“I-I’m the only one.” He blinked back his tears and bit his lips, withstanding the pain. “No one else.” BoA caught him glaring at someone. “Tie the weight to him.” Her men brought out an anchor and tied it with him.

“I have no problems with drowning you but think of the people you’re partnering with.” Her men dragged him to the side of the boat and carried him onto the ledge. “They’re getting away with it while you die alone.”

“Agashi, just kill him. You’re wasting your time.” BoA ignored Taesung and laid out an option for Junhyung. “If you tell me who else you’re working with, I won’t drown you.” Her men loosened their grip on him and he fell overboard but the men jerked back the rope they were holding onto, which left Junhyung suspended in the air by the side of the boat.

“I’ll tell you!!” Junhyung screamed, looking down at the dark waters a few feet below him. “I’ll tell you! You promised not to drown me if tell you?!”

“I won’t go back on my word.” She said as her men hauled him back onto the deck.

“But he will seek other Japanese rivals that want Matsuka dead since they are willing to pay any price!” Taesung bombarded her with possible scenarios. “He could be telling a lie just so he wouldn’t have to die!” He shouted at her and looked at Junhyung being untied.

“Quiet!” BoA turned around and slapped him forcefully. “No one tells me what to do and what not to do.” Taesung held his smarting cheek, glaring at the petite woman. “I know better than you do.” She hissed and shifted her attention to the man. “Now, tell me!”

“It’s Taesung hyung.” Junhyung pointed at him. “I worked together with him.”

“You liar!! You’re dragging me into this mess with you!” Taesung advanced at him but was held back by BoA’s men. “Tie him up.” BoA said coldly. “Agashi, I’m innocent!” She looked at him with fire burning in her eyes.

“Chunhee has gathered information that proofs your allegiance with the Japanese mafia.” She threw the papers that Chunhee had passed to her at him. “Not only did you want Matsuka dead, you wanted me out of the picture too!”

Taesung stared at the documents and candid photos of him with the Japanese rivals while he was tied up roughly. “I admit..yes.”

“Because once you’re dead, no one will be in my way of attaining power.” She kicked his stomach and he bend over in pain.

“And this is for the torture I had to go through.” Junhyung picked up the pliers BoA had thrown aside and swung it at Taesung. “I’m now free.” He taunted Taseung whose head was bleeding profusely.

“Hey! What are you doing?!”

Junhyung struggled under the men’s firm grip as they dragged him to BoA. “You said I was free if I told you the truth!” He looked at the other blond girl passing BoA a gun.

“No,” BoA switched off the safety and pressed the gun tip on his head. “I only agreed to not let you die a slow painful death by drowning. I never said you were free to go.” She pulled the trigger and Junhyung slumped to the ground.

“Tie him together with Taesung and dropped them off the ship.” She turned around and Chunhee and her apprentice followed her back into the cabin.

BoA muttered to herself.

“No one will or can replace me. No one.”

 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
“This music, if you consider this as music, is giving me a headache.” Amber downed the glass of whiskey as the heavy bass thumped through the club and her heart. “And the dimmed lighting and mass of bodies on the dance floor.” She looked down from the first floor of the club which was less packed than the dance floor. “Ugh..” She glanced sideways. “People enjoy this?!”

“Cheer up, you Grinch.” Henry passed her his drink and clamped his hands on either side of her head. “Feeling better now?”

“A little but my poor heart feels like it’s gonna jump out of my chest soon.” Amber nodded and finished his drink in a gulp. “Huh?” She held the glass away from her, frowning at Henry. “Who drinks water at a club?”

“Finally! Someone that agrees with me.” A handsome man in a shirt that showed off his great physique came up to them. “He’s a weirdo isn’t he?” His thick eyebrows raised in Henry’s direction. “So, who are you, miss?”

“Who are you?” Amber repeated his question at him. “I am,” He took the glasses from her, setting it at a nearby table and took her hand. “Choi Siwon.” He lifted her hand and kissed it.

“Yah! Cut it out!” Henry slapped Siwon’s hand away and stood between them. “I’m his best friend.” Siwon who was almost a head taller, grabbed Henry by the shoulder and pushed him aside. “Unfortunately.”

“Nice to meet you, I’m Amber.” She introduced herself and shook his hand. “So, where have you been keeping this pretty lady all this while, huh?” Siwon nudged Henry. “She’s hot.” Henry pinched his nose bridge and Amber looked away, pretending she hadn’t heard him.

“She can hear you.” He hissed at Siwon. “So?” The latter simply looked at him, expecting further explanation when someone called his name.

“Sorry, can’t stay long. It’s nice to meet you, Amber-shi.” Siwon jerked his hand in Henry’s direction. “Now I know why he’s been ignoring my calls.” Amber laughed and he winked at her before leaving them alone.

“He’s nice.” Henry snorted and reached for their glasses. “Uh-huh. He can be very flirty around girls.” She pinched his cheeks and chuckled. “Someone’s jealou-uh-us.”

“Whatever.” He pushed her hands away. “Do you want another round? I’m heading to the bar to get water since you finished mine.”

“Sorry.” Amber ran a hand through her hair. “Another round would be good.”

“Okay, I’ll be back soon.” He leaned into her and whispered. “Just watch out for yourself while I’m gone.” She looked at him quizzically and followed his gaze. Her eyes landed on a shabbily suited bald man who was eyeing them.

“He’s been staring at us, specifically, at you for quite some time now.” Henry glared at the man who smirked at him in return.

“I can take care of myself.” Amber turned back to him and patted his arm, reassuring him. “Now, get the Grinch her drink before she turns into Hulk.” Henry looked at her weirdly before holding up his hand, shielding her from his vision. “I do not know this person.”

“Get going.” Amber stuck her tongue at him and pushed him in the direction of the stairs. She watched him walked across the dance floor towards the bar. “He finally left you alone.” She rolled her eyes and turned around.“But I’m okay with that.”

She stared silently at the bald man while he reached into his pocket. “Three hundred bucks. Should be enough?” Amber looked down as he shoved scrunched up cash notes into her hands. “No need to worry about that guy.” He nodded at the bar. “He can get another girl from the agency.”

“What do you think I am?” Amber asked, sorting out the notes. “You’re kidding me,” The man laughed and his eyes ran over her body. “You’re those high class escorts, aren’t you?” He looked at her go through the cash.

“Three hundred is too little for you?” His hand dived into his pocket and threw at her a wad of cash. “That’s another five hundred. Now, let’s go.” He reached for her.

Amber grabbed his arm before he could touch her and twisted it behind his back. “A high class , huh, gotta tell that to Krys.” She muttered over his cries of pain.

“B.itch, let go of me!” Amber forced his arm higher past his shoulder before pushing him away from her.

“I’m not an so take your money and leave.” She hissed and threw the money at him. The man turned around, glaring at her and picked up the cash notes. “Mad woman!” The man was about to walked away when someone punched him, causing him to fall onto the floor.

“Apologise to her.” Joon stared down at the man who looked disorientated. “A-po-lo-gise.” He kicked the man at each syllable when he refused to answer.

“Enough, Joon.” Amber reached for him and pulled him away. “Let him go.” She dragged him to one of the empty booths and sat him down on the corner seat. “How did you get in here?” She asked while standing in front of him. “This party is by invitation-only.”

“I met a girl at a coffee shop and she asked me out to this party. Couldn’t say no.” Joon leaned back and studied her through half-lidded eyes. “You’re looking nice today.” Amber looked down at her fitting attire, a white dress shirt and high waist knee length pencil skirt which showed off her rarely seen curves.

“Huh,” She scoffed. “And this got that guy thinking I’m a paid . So where’s your date?”

“Oh, I dumped her as soon as I got in. She’s very clingy.” Joon flinched when she slapped his arm. “You’re mean. How does she look like?”

“Tall, curvy and huge s.” He described to her and she stared at him disgustedly. “Now I know why you were interested in her in the first place.” She looked away with her eyebrows raised, where is Henry?

“Well, now I have my sights set on another girl.” She asked absentmindedly as she scanned the place for the sign of him. “And who’s the lucky girl?”

“You are the lucky girl.” Amber froze and turned her head so fast; you’d think it’d snap. “What are you doing?” Joons’s hand circled her small waist and pulled her against him.

“Joon, stop playing with me.” Amber laughed nervously. “Don’t make me hurt you.” She placed her hands in front of her, shoving him away but this only made him pull her closer to him.

“You’re so beautiful tonight.” He rested his head on her shoulder and whispered, his husky voice filling her ear. “Amber, you’re beautiful.” She stomps on his foot but he didn’t loosen his grip on her as she had expected.

“I think you had too much to drink,” Amber caught a whiff of alcohol when he faced her. “You’re not thinking straight.” She stopped struggling and stood his arms, staring into his unreadable eyes. “Let go of me.” She said softly as he stared at her.

“I will. After,”Joon’s face came closer to hers. “I kissed you.”

“What?!” This alarmed Amber and she forced her face away from him. “No! Joon! Don’t do this!” She tried moving her arms that are wedged between their bodies but his hand held her neck and angled her face to his.

“Joon, NO!” She leaned as far away as possible and his lips were almost touching hers when he was pulled back roughly.

“Hey!” Henry pushed Joon away and stood in front of Amber. “What do you think you’re doing?!”

“It’s obvious. I was about to kiss her.” Joon walked towards him and tension was in the air as the two guys stared each other down. “But you got in the way.”

“And it’s also obvious that Amber doesn’t want you to kiss her.” Henry glared at him while holding her back. “Henry, he’s just drunk.” Amber tugged his wrist and walked past him. “And people are staring.” People were looking over their booths and some hanged around, eavesdropping on their conversation.

“Hey, sober up.” She stood closer to Joon and spoke just loud enough for him to hear. “I’ll see you back home.” Amber looked at him worriedly before walking away with Henry.

“Is he usually like that?” Henry asked as he looked over his shoulder at Joon. “Because if he is, he can be sued for ual harassment.” Amber smiled to herself knowingly. “He’s j—“

“Amber.” Joon pulled her into a hug. “Just one kiss.. you’re so beautiful..” She placed a hand between their lips. “Joon! You’re drunk. You do not want to kiss me.” Joon pulled her hand away, leaning into her. She turned her face just in time and his lips landed on her cheek.

Henry threw a punch at Joon and the latter staggered back a few steps while Henry escorted Amber away. “Let’s get you out of her—“ Henry almost tripped if it weren’t for her, holding onto his arm as Joon returned the punch. “Joon!”

“Stop it!” Amber pushed him back while a crowd started forming around them. “Joon, you’re not in the right mind.” He simply glanced at her before pulling his arm back, delivering another incoming blow.

This time Henry was able to dodge the punch and did a triple spin kick which Joon narrowly avoided. “Fight! Fight! Fight!” The crowd was chanting and whistling, encouraging the fight while Amber tried to break up the fight but in the end, she stood helplessly by the side because it was too intense for her to enter.

“Move out of the way!” Amber turned and watched as Siwon made his way into the ring formed by the crowd around the fight. “Hey! Cut it out!” Siwon grabbed Henry from behind and Amber pulled Joon away, separating the both of them. “You a.sshole!” Joon shouted at Henry, kicking his feet in the air. “Yah!”

“Unni!” The twins appeared next to her and helped her restrain Joon. “What happened?” Krystal shouted over the noisy crowd. “I’ll explain later. Ssul, get the car.” Sulli nodded and left them.

“Damn it, Joon. Stop moving!” Amber hissed and Krystal slapped him across the face which made him stopped struggling in their arms. “I’ve always wanted to do that.” Krystal shrugged at Amber as they dragged him out of the club.
 
 
Upcoming chapter

 Cover Matsuka! Get him to safety!”

“Amber, Kibum told us that you’re running low on fuel.”

“Oppa, Amber’s car is pinned against the railing again an—Oh my god.”

“UNNI!”
 
 
 
A short trailer that I made. Guess who is appearing soon?