Epilogue

Zero Gravity
The death of Matsuka had the business community talking about his successor and many turned their attention to his nephew. However, the company announced that it was liquidating instead.
 
Joon was laid to rest next to his brother and Amber was the only one who attended to his funeral. She may not have forgiven him for what he had done but she went anyways because it was her friend, Lee Joon, who died. She was glad that the man she knew had finally returned, even though it was in his last moments.
 
Sulli decided to study abroad and Krystal accompanied her to England while Sungjae remained in Korea. Sulli began dating Sungjae upon her sister’s encouragement and they recently only gotten engaged.
 
Victoria returned to Nichkhun’s family to care for his elderly parents in place of their only son. She neither remarry nor did she meet anyone new despite her in-laws blessing. Although she didn’t have children, she had many nephews and nieces who love her dearly and she treats them like her own.
 
~~

 
“So, Krystal’s still playing around while Sulli’s expecting her first child soon.” Henry chuckled, wrapping the blanket around them and made sure she was covered properly from the chilly sea breeze. Amber snuggled into his neck and his shadow shielded her eyes from the setting sun.
 
“Krystal’s like the female version of Siwon. Though, Siwon has stopped playing around ever since he dated her years ago. Wait. He did ask me about Krystal the last time we met him.” Amber paused and craned her neck to look at her husband. “Do you think he’s still interested in her?”
 
“Well, he did mention that he’d like to see her again. Don’t tell him I told you that, okay?” He chided her and she merely laughed.
 
Amber listened to the crashing waves with her eyes closed and smiled when she heard high pitched shrieks. A little boy ran along the beach and giggled when the incoming waves hits his feet. He jumped happily in the receding waves and turned to his parents who were seated by the steps of their beach home. “Come play with me!” He waved for them to come over.
 
Amber nodded gently with a soft smile on her face as she watched the boy screamed when the waves came and ran further away from water. She lets out a content sigh at the scene before her. “What are you thinking?”
 
“Do you remember the conversation about our future?” She elaborated further when all she received was a blank stare. “You said that there were only two roads to walk on. It’s either we break up or get married.”
 
“At that time, I couldn’t see myself living a normal life. There were so many reasons but I knew it was because I didn’t dare to dream of it.” Amber held his hand and played with his fingers as her eyes followed the little boy. “Sometimes, I still can’t believe what I have now.”
 
“Maybe you need something to remind you that this is reality.” She shivered at the contact of his lips on her skin as he peppered kisses along her jaw. Amber closed her eyes in anticipation and he pressed his lips over hers briefly before they jumped apart at a squeal.
 
The little boy was standing at the foot of the stairs with his small hands over his eyes and he peeked through them. He watched his mother’s cheeks grow pink and his father grinned at him. “Come here, you.”
 
Henry reached for his son but the boy danced out of his grasp and ran away screaming excitedly. “Pa, ni hao man!” (Father, you’re slow!) He made a face at his wife and ran after his son. “Slow?” Henry easily overtook the boy in large strides and lifted him into his arms. “Who are you calling slow, James?”
 
Amber walked up to them and held her arms open for the boy to climb in. “Your father will always be slow.” She teased and James nodded in agreement. “You’re ganging up on me!” Henry pouted and narrowed his eyes at them. “You’re gonna be in trouble when I catch you two.”
 
“Ma! Run!” James hits her shoulder lightly and she started jogging down the beach. “We have to run before daddy catches us!” Amber chuckled and turned around, running backwards as she made faces at Henry. “Slowpoke!” She stuck out her tongue and held on tighter to her son before quickening her pace.
 
James giggled into his mother’s neck as he watches his father fall behind them. Amber smiled and slowed her pace for Henry to catch up which elicited an outburst from James. “Ma, why did you slow down? Daddy’s catching up!” He bounced in her arms while pointing over her shoulder.
 
“I caught the both of you!” Henry wrapped his arms around Amber and panted loudly. “Now you shall suffer for what you’ve done.” He tickled James who wriggled nonstop and Amber had to set him on the ground before he fell out of her arms.
 
“Both of you are slow. Ma, ni wei se me ting xia lai?” (Why did you slow down?) James made the same pout as his father did earlier. “Ma ye hui lei ma.” (Mom can also get tired.) Amber kissed him on the nose and a bright smile replaced his pout.
 
“It’s time to go home now.” Henry picked up his son who wrapped his small arms around his father’s neck firmly and his eyelids fluttered tiredly. Amber brushed his hair out of his eyes and pinched his rosy cheeks lightly.
 
Henry rests an arm over her shoulder and brought her closer, his lips at her ear as she s her arm around his waist. “Can you believe it right now?” He whispered. Amber stared affectionately at her sleeping son before fixing her attention on Henry.
 
“Yes.” Amber couldn’t imagine loving another man other than Henry and smiled. “It’s a dream come true.”

 
THE END.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
This is finally the end. I want to thank you guys for supporting and giving so much love to Zero Gravity. Your neverending support has been a huge part of this project! To those who have been following the story since chapter one, I admire your patience! :D
 
This story began in late 2009 and it ends on this day, 17th December 2013. It’s been a wonderful journey and this experience has encouraged me to write more! I hope to greet you guys with a new story soon! ;)
 
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below!