Reluctant Promise

Swapping Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“I don’t get it how this thing works!!!” Seung Hyun screamed in frustration.

 

 

Chaerin and Seung Hyun already spent hours fiddling on the twitter application on her smart phone. They were supposed to prepare dinner for that night but they ended up with nothing done.

 

 

“No, I think this is how you’re supposed to tweet honey…” Chaerin took the phone from him and tried it herself. She looked so serious that anyone would’ve thought she was trying to solve a huge problem like predicting the prices of the stock market.

 

 

“No honey, it’s still not working.” Seung Hyun talked over her shoulder.

 

 

“Ugh. I don’t know why my boss asked me to make an official twitter account for our magazine. She knows that I am cyber illiterate.” Chaerin sighed in frustration.

 

 

Meanwhile, Jaejoong and Jiyeon were just watching the two while drinking red wine. They were supposed to eat dinner; it seems like they won’t be expecting any home cooked meal for that night.

 

 

“I don’t know why we’re putting up with this. I’d rather go back to my apartment and watch the heart transplant I need to.” Jiyeon sighed and tried getting up but Jaejoong stealthily s his arm around her waist and made her sit back down on the couch.

 

 

“This is entertaining. It’s like watching the three stooges, or dumb and dumber. Look at them.” Jaejoong chuckled, seeing the clueless faces on Chaerin and Seung Hyun.

 

 

“I don’t have time for this.” Jiyeon complained. Jaejoong didn’t listen and he tightened his grip on her waist and locked her in his arms, smelling her hair in the process.

 

 

“How many times do I have to tell you to stop touching me? There’s such a thing as respecting my personal space.” Jiyeon tried pushing him away but Jaejoong wasn’t planning to let her go anytime soon.

 

 

“Why don’t you just relax? You’ve been at the hospital for three straight days and you go home and want to watch your boring videos.” Jaejoong murmured in her ear making Jiyeon skip heart beats upon feeling his voice caress her ear. She became aware of his hand, gently and slowly rubbing her waist. His palm found its way underneath her shirt and was making her skin hot with his touch. Jiyeon looked up at him and gave him an accusatory glare of what he was doing to her but he just gave her an innocent smile as if he wasn’t doing anything.

 

 

“Three seconds, Jae.” Jiyeon muttered.

 

 

“What?” Jaejoong batted his lashes and pursed his lips to give her the innocent face.

 

 

“Three seconds to get your filthy hand off of my waist or I’ll cut it off.” Jiyeon snapped and Jaejoong quickly withdrew his hand and smiled at her sheepishly.

 

 

“I thought you wouldn’t notice…” Jaejoong answered playfully.

 

 

“You’re a hopeless case, Jae. How long has it been since you last got laid?” Jiyeon asked, backing away from him and giving them enough space apart.

 

 

“I don’t know… since Sooyoung…” Jaejoong shrugged.

 

 

“That’s been more than a month. Piece of advice, get yourself laid so you can stop lusting over me.” Jiyeon patted his cheek and smiled. Jaejoong held his breath upon having Jiyeon’s face near him and seeing her rare smile.

 

 

Over the past two weeks that they started living together, it’s all been pretty smooth. Jiyeon was barely around the house but when she is, she makes sure her presence is well known because the house is a pure mess whenever she’s around. Jaejoong would just end up shaking his head in defeat, going home to a chaotic apartment and just clean up her mess.

 

 

Suddenly someone buzzed in on the apartment. Jiyeon immediately got up and grabbed Chaerin’s purse.

 

 

“That must be the pizza delivery boy. Chaerin you’re paying for this.”

 

 

Jiyeon ordered two boxes of family size pepperoni pizza. She placed one box in the living room. She grabbed one small plate, a fork and a knife and a piece of tissue. Jaejoong watched her clean up the utensils and the plate in front of him. Then she opened the box of pizza and took one slice and placed it on the plate. To Jaejoong’s surprise, Jiyeon handed him over the slice of pizza.

 

 

She served him food again. He doesn’t know if it was an unconscious thing but whenever they both eat dinner, Jiyeon would manage to just prepare and give him food like it was nothing important. It’s one of the little things about Jiyeon that surprises him.

 

 

“Take it. Relax! There are no harmful germs in it, sissy. You saw me sanitize the utensils and plate. Not clean enough, Jae?” Jiyeon taunted.

 

 

Jaejoong shook away from his reverie and absentmindedly took the plate from her and silently ate the slice of pizza. Jiyeon just shrugged and took two slices of pizza; she placed one slice on top of the other and took a mouthful.

 

 

“YUMMMMMMMMMM!!!!” Jiyeon mused, chewing her pizza loudly. Jaejoong took his handkerchief and silently wiped the side of Jiyeon’s mouth as she ate her pizza.

 

 

“You’re a messy eater.” Jaejoong murmured smiling to himself as he watched Jiyeon get lost in herself and the pizza.

 

 

“Mind your own business.” Jiyeon murmured and took another bite off her pizza. Jaejoong shook his head because she mana

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter